Goodbye Jesus

Homophobia.

Reprobate

How many homophobic pastors and xtians are homosexual and just can't admit it to themselves. I am sure at least some of them are. I was just wondering what everyone elses thoughts were. Personally, I could not get myself all worked up about it.

Here's a list of some anti-gay politicians and ministers who turned out to be gay themselves:

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-10-anti-gay-activists-caught-being-gay/joanne

As a side note, I disagree with the broadbrushed use of the term "homophobic." Phobia means fear, and I've never had any fear of homosexuals or homosexuality. When I was a Christian I was definitely prejudiced against gays, thinking that they were living a sinful lifestyle, but I wasn't the least bit "homophobic." While there are undoubtedly some that are literally homophobic, the anti-gay category is broader than that.

How many homophobic pastors and xtians are homosexual and just can't admit it to themselves. I am sure at least some of them are. I was just wondering what everyone elses thoughts were. Personally, I could not get myself all worked up about it.

Your point is that often those who are the most homophobic are homosexuals themselves? I think you have a point with that. I guess it has to do with self-hate more than anything else.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Homophobia and closeted homosexuality go hand in hand. This used to just be an idea everyone basically guessed was true, but it was scientifically shown that a correlation does in fact exist. Its not just folkknowledge.

Ones like the Apostle Paul! Glad this isn't posted in the Lion's Den!