Goodbye Jesus

Christian Spanking, Domination

Mutate

From a Christian website called procinwarn.com -

It worked well for us to use a thin wooden spoon. We felt it to be safer than using our hand, though there were times we used our hand. With the hand there can be too much momentum. We would pull the pants down in the back and spank one, two, or three times on the bare bottom. The thin wooden spoon gives a sting without a large momentum impact. It was our view that the actual magnitude of the spanking was not so important. That is, we could afford to have the spanking be too mild rather than too severe, because it was the act of spanking that was the important thing, not the nature of the spanking itself.

Back to the Top

Spanking, Loving, Surrendering

The moment there was an act of disobedience, disrespect, or dishonesty, we would tell the child they were going to get a spanking and why. We would often tell them to go get the spanking spoon and go upstairs to their room. Once in their room we would explain again why, give the spanking, and then evaluate if there was an attitude of surrender and humility or an attitude of defiance and rebellion. While evaluating the child’s attitude, we would hug our child and love our child and tell them we love them and tell them that Jesus loves them. If there was an attitude of rebellion, such as an arching of the back, or pulling away, etc., we would tell them they were going to get another spanking if they didn’t relent and surrender with a humble attitude. We would then administer another spanking in the same way as the first. Each time the child would be given an opportunity to express remorse and surrender. If necessary, this process would go on through numerous cycles, lasting forty minutes or more. It was important to us to never let go a continuing defiant attitude. Continuing until there is a humbling of the heart is of the utmost importance.

When the child would surrender with a humble heart, we would encourage them to say “I’m sorry” to the Lord Jesus, but we wouldn’t force that. We would encourage them to receive Jesus' forgiveness. We would then pray together. And we would pray that the Lord Jesus would help them with their problem and behavior and that the Lord would help Dad or Mom to be good parents. We would often acknowledge that we, as parents, often struggle with the same sins, and that Jesus “spanks” us, too. Using this time to discuss important things with the child is very valuable, teaching them what the Bible says about sin and repentance and walking with the Lord Jesus.

jesus-spanking.jpg?w=378&h=525

It worked well for us to use a thin woodenling of the loins is of the utmost importance.

Hmmm... I think I saw this on the Internet before... wicked.gif

That's a disturbing cartoon and an equally disturbing article. I pity the children who had to grow up under such psychological abuse.

• Like 1

that pic of the girl on Jesus' lap is very kinky. especially with the panties.

I find myself sickened by this. The idea that children ought to have their wills broken, submission pounded relentlessly in their heads really disgusts me. I hate it. My parents were not so methodical but 'willful disobedience' was always punished severely. Now that I'm a parent I have to say I don't really know how they did it.

I guess I just don't take offense at my kids exercising their will. My 3 year old will throw huge fits and talk back and it doesn't make me mad. I have no desire to hit her. I don't blame her for having emotions. The only time I've physically reprimanded her is to prevent bigger harm (pulling her out of the street, slapping a hand away from something hot or electric).

I love my wild and independent child. Its not to say there is no discipline. She has time out and I explain what my expectations are. Because even at a young age there can be a relationship of love and trust with your children. Eventually they are too big to beat into submission. By then its too late to have a relationship of trust. If all your kid knows is how to curl up into submission - and I notice that this is emphasized in girls, well I know from experience that turns them into perfect victims.

I think thats the worst of it. Its creates perfect victims for their cult, for life, for everything.

• Like 2

And if you're really bad, you get cancer. God would rather you die a slow and painful death than continue in. your sinful ways. My cousin died of cancer. She must have been really naughty.

Then there's AIDS. God gives that to the gays mostly, but sometimes to the reprobate hetero's just to mix things up.

All of the above is tongue in cheek. Wanted to be clear on that. Fucking DB's!

Hopefully at least some of these parents wound up rotting away in nursing homes, unloved, unvisited and uncared for pending burials in shallow, unmarked graves.

Children are human beings. They are people. Not putty to be molded into a parent's ideal vision of an obedient jesus-drone.

• Like 4

Aside from the spanking issue altogether, this caught my eye:

we would tell them they were going to get another spanking if they didn’t relent and surrender with a humble attitude.

Stuff like this shows the excessive stupidity of the author's thinking. You canNOT force someone to be "humble." This type of parenting simply makes children pretend to "humble" themselves, and basically legitimizes the use of deception in order to avoid punishment.

• Like 3

I could not believe what I just read. No wonder some kids grow up to be abusers or controllers, or both.

Give me the morality of a free-thinker any day. No way would I ever lay a hand or implement on a child of mine, or anyone else's. Or my wife or partner.

• Like 2

I could not believe what I just read. No wonder some kids grow up to be abusers or controllers, or both.

Give me the morality of a free-thinker any day. No way would I ever lay a hand or implement on a child of mine, or anyone else's. Or my wife or partner.

Abuse does run in families because it is a learned phenomenon; if someone grew up thinking that hitting another is perfectly acceptable behavior, they will continue on into adulthood and teach it to their children.

Back when I was growing up - the 'belt' was a normal punishment. That hurt! Many times I stood in front of the whole class and got 'the strap'. That hurt too! Once I got the strap for chewing gum.

Check out these minute and 1/2 youtubes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mckWA5bTvak

• 2 weeks later...

being spanked with embaressing rituals turned me into a pervert. I'm not being sarcastic or humorous, its the truth. i was turned on by it since childhood.

• Like 1

Lets see...

Dad slapped, used the belt, and threw things when he got pisssed. Mom tells a story of him throwing a chair or stool in my general direction when i was two and playing while he was studying. Never clean on intention, but still "normal" behavior in my house growing up.

Thanks, dad. Now it something I have to fight against.

My mother had books on christian child training, and one specifically about spanking, it's sad that nutters out there are still pushing this stuff. It was one of the most destructive aspects of growing up as far as I am concerned, and it was definitely one of the factors that ultimately turned me away from christianity. Just like the description at the top it wasn't just the spanking, but the whole ritual that went around it, being made to explain back what i had done wrong, relate it to bible passages about dishonesty or disobedience or whatever I had done and then prayers afterwards.

Jon

being spanked with embaressing rituals turned me into a pervert. I'm not being sarcastic or humorous, its the truth. i was turned on by it since childhood.

This explains a lot to me about myself...

• Like 3

I liked being spanked by my mom, but not by my dad. I try not to read into that too much . . . .

• Like 2

I never got spanked as far as I remember. I just got bitch slapped when I pushed my mother too far. One time she hit me hard enough to knock me off my chair. Then I hit my teens and never got touched again, just the yelling factor I had to deal with. I was scared from the intermittent hits, I'd hate to think of what I would have turned out if they'd been regularly enforced.

In this regard I have many regrets

I was regularly beaten with a custom made leather strap which I eventually stole and threw away in a field near our hoouse. My dad then resorted to picking a particular stick from a fruit tree that didn't break.

When my kids came along, for awhile I did the xian thing and try to break their wills and only took a belt to the buttocks, never more than 4. looking back, there were other options as their wills were not broken and they have their own emotions etc. Luckily, my wife was not like this and this short phase was thankfully short.

I guess as has been inferred, we tend to do what we were exposed to. Of course in xianity, they teach you that using reason does not work with kids. At the end of the day, the fear factor comes in.

Unlike my father, and mother sometimes, after the bawling I would always hug and make up. Probably the hugging part was all they needed in the first place.

At school, there was corporal punishment and we were caned so the blame on parents alone maybe is not fair. The system back then it was acceptable and you took it like a man and tried not to cry. Even at junior school I remember being whacked on the bum by a female teacher with a wooden ruler.

I think as parents we all screw up. Raising a child is not easy and the prescribed biblical methodology is crass. In all my life in Africa, I have never seen a black father or mother hit/spank their children, and us colonialists wanted to bring them civilization? :eek:

If I had to do it all over again, I would do it differently but wisdom in hindsight is pretty useless.

The sad thing is my mother has no regrets, and if she was doing it all over again would do the same, she absoloutely doesnt think that there was anything wrong with corporal punishment or using fear to control children (she was the master of heaven and hell lectures too).She thinks it is 'biblically correct'. I'm pleased my older sister doesn't have children, becasue she believes the same. My younger sister and I are the ones who turned our backs on Christianity.

My Mexican friends always used to tell me that they preferred to take a smack and that's it, as opposed to a talking-to with a time-out. "I'd rather be smacked, because then it was over just like that, and I could go play." I guess combining the smack with all that psychological headfucking was double trouble!

Christian Spanking would make an awesome alias.

• Like 1

And the GLARING ASSUMPTION is that the authoritarian parent(s) knows all and can see the situation from all angles they are just THAT good. What about, gasp, talking with the child about their perspective and maybe proving to the child an invisible being that never responds actually exists before guilting them using their off-stage assistant jeebus?

Back when I was growing up - the 'belt' was a normal punishment. That hurt! Many times I stood in front of the whole class and got 'the strap'. That hurt too! Once I got the strap for chewing gum.

Check out these minute and 1/2 youtubes:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mckWA5bTvak

These people are sick. They can't think of constructive ways to work with a child in their development and "might makes right" is soooo much easier.

• 11 months later...

Hey everyone, I have a situation that I desperately need advice on and this topic fits perfectly. A bit of background because I haven't been around in a while. I am 33, my wife 30. We were both raised in a fundy, kjv-only, independent baptist church on par with Pensacola Chrisitan College or Jack Hyles for those of you who are familiar with them. We go married young, 22 & 19, when my wife got pregnant with our first child. We now have 3 - 10,9, and 8. I deconverted a little over 2 years ago, and insisted on stop going to church, while she followed closely after. We were raised with the mindset expressed in this post, except we were never that good at it. We followed what our parents had done and yelled and generally spanked when we were pissed when they were doing something that bothered us. After we deconverted, I became very uncomfortable with spanking and instead switched to more of time-out method. We are both extremely busy, she is in school, while I was working and going to law school. This led to not alot of monitoring of the kids - lots of tv, etc. Basically they went from getting smacked around to not having much discipline at all. I am definitely not proud of that, but it is what it is. Which brings me to my current problem. We have tried over the last several months to become better parents and to guide them, but somedays they are out of control. I know it is my fault, but I need advice on how to deal with it if anyone has been in a similar situation. My daughter, the 9 year old, is especially proplamatic. She is outright defiant, refuses to listen, gives an attitude anytime she is told to do something and on more than one occasion has informed us that she hates us. Her younger brother is starting to pick up on that attitude too. What lead me to post is that tonight, when I got home from work (I work, my wife has class) the babysitter quit. She said they refused to listen, they were throwing things at her, calling her names, etc. I am at my wits end on how to deal with it. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks