Goodbye Jesus

Convos With Dumbass Mcgee

Wandering_Cookie

All right, I've posted about this girl before. The one who is 28 and may as well be 14. Big Taylor Swift fan, posts random crap constantly. Let me remind you, I've known her my whole life, she was raised in a fundie home, went to a fundie school, is now in fundie college as an art major. Posts nonstop retardedness about her jeezus. I used to just laugh it all off, but I couldn't take it anymore. I had to say something. This is where I got this gem of a conversation:

(Her Status)

Kindness and love and mercy was given freely to us at a great cost through Jesus.

Saturday at 7:35pm via Mobile Web

(Some Fundy) likes this

o

(Me)

‎...as long as you believe in an all powerful, envious, angry, invisible ruler without question, despite the fact he does nothing to firmly show his existence. Or else perish eternally. Mmm...love and mercy.

Sunday at 3:26am · LikeUnlike

o

(Her)

I really don't think that is the Jesus I know but I've heard people talk about him like that. I wouldn't serve an angry God, but I think when people believe he's angry with them, they run away.

Sunday at 11:25am · LikeUnlike

o

(Me)

Have you read the bible?

Sunday at 2:05pm · LikeUnlike

o

(Me)

No, seriously. Sacrifice your children. Kill the Islams. Obey me or suffer eternally. Oh wait, you're all screwed, anyway. Claim your wife with rape. If you have a mistress, that's cool.

You're a cherry-picker. Either way you're just having ...conversations with yourself, but the fact that you disregard that your god is angry is ridiculous. Think about it, if you had a child, you tell them, "Okay. You can either listen to me and do everything I say...or I'm beating you over the head with this hot frying pan." That's not really a choice, is it? If they obey you, that's not out of mercy or kindness or love. That's out of fear. And that's why most Christians stay in their religion. They're so afraid of being wrong. So they choose to believe so they can stay out of 'hellfire'. Here's the kicker...it doesn't exist!

Sorry, but your constant postings of lie prompted me to share a bit to possibly get you questioning your faith. It could save your life.

Sunday at 2:22pm · LikeUnlike

o

(Her)

I have seen these scriptures. But have not fully in depth looked at the context or the culture at the time. I dont have answers to all qs but as i keep studying

Sunday at 2:28pm · LikeUnlike

o

(Her)

The new testament is stems around grace and Gods love. The otestament was before christ came. If u want maybe read the new test. And ask god to explain?

Sunday at 2:30pm · LikeUnlike

o

(Me)

Studying a faith you already claim to be so firm in would be a good idea.

The whole 'culture' copout answer drives me crazy. How do you sit there and say the bible is the truth and nothing but the truth, then come across something you disli...ke and say it was culture? These were gods words, supposedly, right? "He" told "his" men to rape a lot of women, then pitied that there wasn't enough to go around, so "he" said, rape the next group?See More

Sunday at 2:31pm · LikeUnlike

o

(Me)

Ah, the whole "I only follow the new testament" deal. I'm not mocking you, I went through that for a while.

"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of... her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. (From the NIV Bible, Revelation 2:22-23)"

Mmm..New Testament.

My mother had me read the entire Bible, if you remember who my parents are. I'll ask god to explain, then I'll ask my cat. I'll let you know if they have the same answer.

"Asking god" is the same as meditating for a long period of time until you come up with what you find to be a decent solution, then slapping a higher deity on it to make it sound more notable.

Sunday at 2:34pm · LikeUnlike

o

(Me)

By the way, that Revelation text is Jesus' words.

Sunday at 2:35pm · LikeUnlike

o

(Her)

I dont think im the best person to argue with about this topic as i may never have enough info to suffice what it is u are looking for. Simply believing God..

Sunday at 2:53pm · LikeUnlike

o

(Her)

Loves me and cares about me has really helped me in developing my relationship. Not sure what else to say? But i think your fam. Is adoeable!

Sunday at 2:55pm · LikeUnlike

o

(Me)

I'm not here to argue, just discuss since you litter the newsfeed constantly with this. If you aren't educated in the matter, how can you truly call yourself Christian? You have an imaginary friend without backup, that's insane. I'm not trying to be hurtful, just trying to get you thinking before you try to spread a potentially harmful message without knowing what you're talking about. And thank you for the compliment on my family, though I have no idea what that has to do with this discussion.

Sunday at 6:26pm · LikeUnlike

o

(Her)

I think you have some great questions... but it just seems you're overly angry or maybe at me?? I guess my question is why do you care so much if you are already opposed to Christianity, why waste your breath? You can totally disagree but ...to be so arrogant about it? I guess I can turn around and ask you the same questions? How are you sure there is no hell like you say, how are you so convinced, and how are you so sure you're right? Where do you find your info to be firmly convinced?

I mean I guess if I believed for example in buddah and posted tons of posts about buddah, would you really be asking me tons of q's like this? Just curious? Would you be so curious and jump down my throat to "discuss" not "argue" such a topic? Or would you jump down a buddists throat too? yikes!

I think this will be my last post as I'm really confused as to why you jumped down my throat about this post? lol. Uhhh. Ok.

I was mentioning how I think your boyfriend and daughter and family is adorable randomly b/c I think they are, and was just trying to be kind, no hidden agenda there; just was trying to pay you a compliment :)

You're more than welcome to express yourself on further posts if you feel the need to! It's definitely a public feed, so if you'd rather not see me "littering" facebook, you can delete or hide me if you feel I am misleading the masses.See More

12 hours ago · LikeUnlike

o

(Me)

I'm not angry, I'm simply trying to get you thinking. Christians jump to being martyred quite quickly when all I am doing is asking questions to get them thinking, because Christianity looks down at thinking for yourself.

Where am I firmly ...convinced? Facts that support evolution, lack of evidence for god. Many years of dedication, only to discover it was a lie. That's like asking how do you know unicorns don't exist? Why are you calling me crazy for saying they are? Because that is ridiculous. That's why.

I'm not jumping down your throat, I am commenting on something you posted for the internet to see, free for anyone to discuss with you.

Buddhism is, in many cases, an atheist religion, and was not so much a religion but a philosophy. Buddha is seen as a historical figure, and to most, not exactly holy. Buddhism, in many aspects, makes sense to me, as it is about bettering yourself in order to better the world. My grandmother in law is a practicing Buddhist, and yes, I did ask her many questions. She did not feel threatened in the slightest, because there is no reason to if you are comfortable in your beliefs.

If you're going to call opposing views 'jumping down your throat' and 'arrogant', you better hold your own to yourself.

12 hours ago · Like

Sorry about the obnoxious formatting...I'm such a noob sometimes. ><

Although I do agree with the specifics of what you said on the topic of christianity, I'll be totally honest: you were kind of an ass about it.

It's a news feed on facebook for her to state her opinions and things about herself for her friends/family to see. If you didn't like what she was supposedly constantly saying, take her feed off your page. Takes 2 clicks of the mouse.

I'm all for healthy discussion and questioning religious people (especially fundies as I grew up with them and I know how they tick), but if that really is all you wanted to do why not just handle it with a private message? The fact that you didn't clearly says you wanted to humiliate her or make her look stupid, when all you really accomplished was making an ass out of yourself (and calling her "Dumbass McGee" isn't helping that).

"...as long as you believe in an all powerful, envious, angry, invisible ruler without question, despite the fact he does nothing to firmly show his existence. Or else perish eternally. Mmm...love and mercy."

Tip: That's not getting her to think. That's mocking her beliefs (which she clearly holds very dear), which is the opposite of what you do when you really want to get people to see your point.

I'm gonna go ahead and side with her and say you definitely did jump down her throat and you were beyond arrogant about it.

I'm glad all non-believers don't go around acting like that. I'd be embarrassed to be on the same side as them.

Yeah, I think I'm mostly in agreement with the above post. Condescension is only really appropriate if you want to carpet-bomb any chance of reasoning with someone. I'm all for aggressive questioning (I'm the type of guy who would go directly to my ex preacher's Facebook page and post a question if the occasion arises) but it doesn't seem like you did much to foster any kind of questioning attitude for this girl. If you just wanted to make her defensive, the conversation was appropriate, but the old expression of "attracting more flies with honey than vinegar" still stands true, even in the face of crazy fundamentalist Christians.