Goodbye Jesus

Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit.

Vomit Comet

• Super Moderator

I would just feel silly blaspheming something that doesn't exist. The superstition holds no power over me any longer.

I do it once in a while just to fuck with christians. It really doesn't mean anything to me... I'd might as well be blaspheming Zeus.

One thing that I like to point out to christians if I want to fuck with them is this: I'll remind them that just thinking a sinful THOUGHT is a sin. I mean, Jesus did say that if you look at a woman lustfully, that's tantamount to committing adultery... and that you'd better pluck your eye out if that's gonna cause you to go to hell. Then I'll remind them about how blaspheming the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. And I'll tell them "Fuck the Holy Spirit", and them ask them if they can keep from thinking the words. Most claim it doesn't bother them (but I know it does)... but a youth pastor that I was talking to one time looked downright scared when I did that (I had claimed that I could make him go to hell, and he didn't believe me).

• Like 1

Not believing in a god negates the concepts of sin and blasphemy.

I do it once in a while just to fuck with christians. It really doesn't mean anything to me... I'd might as well be blaspheming Zeus.

One thing that I like to point out to christians if I want to fuck with them is this: I'll remind them that just thinking a sinful THOUGHT is a sin. I mean, Jesus did say that if you look at a woman lustfully, that's tantamount to committing adultery... and that you'd better pluck your eye out if that's gonna cause you to go to hell. Then I'll remind them about how blaspheming the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. And I'll tell them "Fuck the Holy Spirit", and them ask them if they can keep from thinking the words. Most claim it doesn't bother them (but I know it does)... but a youth pastor that I was talking to one time looked downright scared when I did that (I had claimed that I could make him go to hell, and he didn't believe me).

Hands down the most brilliant way to fuck with xians I've come across. :lmao:

I don't waste my time worrying about blaspheming the god of a bunch of murderous lunatics.

I would have to say yes to 9 of those reasons why.

It was very therapeutic. I did it on another web site a few years ago. It was great. I really enjoyed it!

I did it as a Christian for curiosity. Probably some rage was mixed in. I was bothered immensely that, as described above, I was one thought away from losing my salvation. Eventually I just had to get it over with, and I felt weird and dead inside after I did it, but I still took an apologetics pill and went on believing.

It's like someone leaving you alone in a room with a big shiny red button that you should NEVER, EVER PUSH, because if you do the whole world might blow up. It just sits in your brain threatening you because it's so powerful and you eventually have to just push the damn thing.

It's like someone leaving you alone in a room with a big shiny red button that you should NEVER, EVER PUSH, because if you do the whole world might blow up. It just sits in your brain threatening you because it's so powerful and you eventually have to just push the damn thing.

<Ren Höek>Don't touch that, you fool! It's the History Eraser Button!</Ren Höek> :lmao:

My favourite way of slandering the Holy Spirit (which I have used multiple times) is to say that I see no functional difference between the HS interfering with humans and Satan interfering with humans.

Yeah, I did it, and honestly, there have been a few more reasons than the one I picked - I picked the one closest, and felt covered most of it, which was "for the hell of it."

I was deconverted by the time I even realized this was the "no way back" thing, so, I HAD to go into a christian chat and do it for the lulz. I'm just a bitch like that. I admit, some of it was getting rage out, but also I was amused as shit at all the christians acting like they could STILL SAVE ME! I tried to tell them their buybull, but nope. So I'm not sure how effective it would be in getting someone in real life to get their Jeezuz out of my face, but I'd surely try it.

I haven't done it. I guess it's a little to do with me thinking it's disrespectful and a little to do with me not wanting to biblegod too pissed off if I'm wrong about all this :P

Well, when I was a Christain, I always took this to mean denying the holy spirit. Meaning...not listening...not believing.

It made sense to me that he only unforgivable sin would be to deny the spirit that brings you salvation.

So I think when any of us say "The Bible is crap"...or that God is an imaginary friend, or whatever else- that qualifies.

So I think when any of us say "The Bible is crap"...or that God is an imaginary friend, or whatever else- that qualifies.

That's the other thing. It's so fucking vague! Here's my understanding of it:

1. The Father is a dick. :asshole2:

2. Jesus Christ can lick my nuts. :bj:

3. The Holy Spirit*COUGH*is awesome! :blush::phew:

• Like 1

I haven't done it. I guess it's a little to do with me thinking it's disrespectful and a little to do with me not wanting to biblegod too pissed off if I'm wrong about all this :P

I can see that you didn't take the poll. Take it so that us chickens won't be so underrepresented! :eek:

Question for the rest of y'all: Am I rational? Am I not fully secure in my deconversion? Or am I just chicken shit?

I'm not sure. I haven't 'believed' in any real sense since I was 13. But I wouldn't have been comfortable with blaspheming the Holy Spook until probably my early/mid 20's... which is when (for whatever reason) I became comfortable with my atheism. I've been a non-believer for so long now that the whole idea of gods, devils, angels, and the like just seems silly. And I really don't care a whole lot what Paul had to say about it (didn't this holy spook thing originate with him?).

I wouldn't say you're irrational. But probably not fully secure and/or chicken-shit... however you want to characterize it. I guess you're not a True Atheist. Maybe you THINK you're going to hell... but you're in for a nasty surprise when you die and wake up sucking the Holy Spirit's dick. :blowjob:

:grin:

Hehehe, that's great.

• Like 1

It was very therapeutic. I did it on another web site a few years ago. It was great. I really enjoyed it!

I think I've done it on this site.

Vomit, the main reason I did it, was because I was tired of being afraid that I might do it by accident. I basically thought "Fuck it, I'm tired of being scared. If this damns me, so be it." It was a wonderful to let go of fear and anxiety.

If Bible God does exist, knowing what a dick he is, heaven won't be much better than hell. It'll be an eternal anxiety of being afraid you'll offend Yahweh somehow and he'll throw you into hell for not worshipping him with enough enthusiasm. I know how you feel Vomit, but one day I think you'll be able to get past this and tell the Holy Spirit where to go, like many of us already have.

One last thought: If there is an all powerful being , a "God", it'd be pretty much impossible to insult it anyway. "God" getting insulted by anything we called "him" would be as silly as a human being insulted by what a bacteria thinks of us.

Or to put it another way: There's an old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." If us mere humans can ignore insults, and not attack the person making them, an all powerful being that couldn't even be scratched by our world's entire nuclear arsenal, isn't even going to care what we call it. No matter how vulgar and disrespectful the insults are.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
Am I not fully secure in my deconversion?

Intellectually, you're probably secure. Emotionally, probably not. Brainwashing does take a toll, after all.

Most people have a fear of verbalizing bad events. Example, you might be hesitant of using "my grandmother died" as an excuse to lay out of work for fear it would actually happen.

We know down deep that verbalizing has no effect on events, but still.............

Calling it blasphemy tickles that fear.

I did it by accident, first, as a Christian, then later for the hell of it and out of principle as an atheist. I read that bit of the Bible and I spent the next week thinking about other things as hard as I could but there was just no way I couldn't think it. That week was, I think, my most intense and last spiritual experience. A friend of mine is now going through the same thing. It's really painful to watch. I'm going to have to figure out some way to reassure him.

Just by me not sucking his almighty dick is blaspheming him.