Goodbye Jesus

Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit.

Vomit Comet

I'll believe in the Holy Spirit the day it regrows Bristol Palin's hymen.

• Like 1

There's just something about somebody that gets screwed over 100 times, has a baby out of wedlock and then goes on the speaking-rampage at $20K per speech about abstinence that absolutely frosts my balls! Holy Spirit or not.

I'll believe in the Holy Spirit the day it regrows Bristol Palin's hymen.

:funny:

Question for the rest of y'all: Am I rational? Am I not fully secure in my deconversion? Or am I just chicken shit?

You seem to be affected by a weird form of Pascal's wager. "I don't believe, but just in case I'm not going to test it with a final straw." It's a form of superstition. As long as it doesn't possess your thought life any worse than black cats and spilled salt does your average Italian, I wouldn't worry about it.

I think you should go for it, VC. You'll feel better. Just make sure you blaspheme the Holy Spirit in every sense that you can think of... make sure it's good and permanent. Then you don't have to worry about waking up next to BibleGod wondering what happened last night.

Then you don't have to worry about waking up next to BibleGod wondering what happened last night.

Option One: Neverending immolation where I'll be screaming with as much agony 10 billion years from now as I will be on the day that Jesus makes the trapdoor fall open beneath my feet.

Option Two: Taking it up the butt from Father God.

Hmmmmmmmmm... wouldn't be such a rough choice if I were gay. :scratch:

You seem to be affected by a weird form of Pascal's wager. "I don't believe, but just in case I'm not going to test it with a final straw." It's a form of superstition. As long as it doesn't possess your thought life any worse than black cats and spilled salt does your average Italian, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, that sounds pretty precise.

Also, I keep imagining myself as being 90 years old and on my death bed, choking on my own lung fluid or something, and facing my impending death with irrational terror. And out of sheer terror I would want to repent, but... oh shit! It seems that back when I was a dumb-ass 32 year old I thought it would be a real hoot if I were to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. "Oh goddamn, it figures!" I would say as I closed my eyes one last time, reckoning that there was a 50/50 chance that instead of slipping into oblivion I would instead find myself before the Judgment Seat of Christ.

Scenario One (comfortable status quo described by Vigile)

Me: Oh shit! Oh god, the humanity! :eek: I can't stand it anymore! I repent! Jebus take me back!!!! *GASP!* *gurgle gurgle gurgle*

*beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Jesus: Wow, perfect timing! :HaHa:

Scenario Two (blasphemed the Spirit at age 32)

Me: Oh shit! Oh god, the humanity! :eek: I can't stand it anymore! I repent! Jebus take me... oh wait a minute. :Doh: Aw fuck!!!! *GASP!* *gurgle gurgle gurgle*

*beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Jesus: LOL FAIL!!! :lmao:

Me: Aw come on man, don't be a dick!

Jesus: Let's see... I think the red button should be on the left arm of my throne... ah, there it is!

Me: :eek: No! Please! No!!! Jesus! Forgive me! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :ukliam2: Ow ow ow shit fuck shit shit fuck ow ow ow!!!!

Option Two: Taking it up the butt from Father God.

The scenario: the ten million six hundred forty seven thousand nine hundred thirty second year of getting stuffed by the 'Finger of God.'

me: Uh, hey Lord?

Him: Yes my son?

me: You can take a gay guy and make him straight, right?

Him: Obviously, my son.

me: well, like, could you turn me gay so that I could, like, enjoy this?

Him: You want Me to turn you into a faggot? I'd negate your death bed conversion right now but I don't want to contradict Myself. Now cut the bullshit and get back to praising Me and thanking Me. Don't you know how glorious it is to be in My Immediate Presence for all eternity? And if that's not enough, consider the alternative.

me: Uh, if you say so Lord.

And I realize that I could walk outside right now and get hit on the head by an anvil. Like in Looney Tunes, except the contents of my skull would go flying everywhere and I would be dead. That doesn't bother me any. The thought of being a terrified wretch on my death bed does bother me. It kind of bothers me that I anticipate chickening out once I get there. Assuming my death won't be instant and that I'll be consciously lying on some kind of death bed.

Oh well, guess I'll burn that bridge when I get to it. Still, I don't know how the rest of you do it. I guess I'm just the kind of guy who likes to hedge his bets.

I figure that I don't really have any control over whether or not I'll be a terrified wretch. I've had several rather lame brushes with death over the years. I've blacked out from various injuries a few times. Just about drowned once. And one time I resigned myself to death over a really nasty bout of food poisoning about 1000 miles from home.

Every time, I find that I'm pretty much on auto-pilot. There isn't much pain, fear, or control. Apparently my default shut-down mode is 'dumb and stoic', which definitely beats the hell out of 'terrified wretch'. And I figure that if I ever do come to 'terrified wretch', then I'd really have no control over the situation anyway- so there's no sense in worrying about it. I very well may chicken out on my deathbed- but I'll probably be only semi-conscious anyway. And I'll be dead soon enough... so who cares?

This whole unforgiveable sin is in contradiction to the parable of the lost son, the 1/100 sheep etc.

The unforgiveable sin was the S&P's ascribing the alleged miracles of jeebus to beelzebub so one has to believe in the "dark side" caricatures to be able to actually blaspheme teh wholly spook.

But in woowoodumb, me inferring that the "anointing" and and subsequent/concurrent "miracles" are a load of BS, according to their flexipreferential interpretations, is the SIN. I do not even have to infer it is of teh debbul.

It is ironic how the faithfool are the only ones that seem to have any demonic possession/influence over their irrelevant lives. They of course have an apologetic in that if the debbul is not hassling you, he already has you won over. So by that logic, all people are born belonging to teh debbul and only some random chance you may hear teh grosspill, do you have a chance of breaking free of teh debbul's grasp. This of course has to be taken consistently hence ALL babies and ALL kiddies that never got around to "making that choice" are doomed if they happen to die in a fire etc.

Nonetheless, the apologetic is, that the father bears the sins of the child until the child is accountable, nevermind that the buybull clearly states the sins of the son/father are not transferrable - lemme look that up...

Ezekiel 18:20

The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Er, no, that is not what it means, this passage is talking of GUILT. And so they spin...

Accountability is nowhere to be found in the buybull so the default is that we all belong to teh debbul from the day we take our first breath. What sucks to the delusional is when an innocent child dies hence the system requires, wel,l a system that addresses the contradiction.

Now seeing jeebus never replaced the law of moses the moron and the profits, it stands to reason, his whole mission of self sacrifice is null and void. According to the profits, we should confess our sins and then we shall be forgiven. Jeebus throws a whole new mix into the pot where we are all considered unworthy in spite of the system moses the moron implemented with blood sacrifice and later denounced by king David. And now jeebus is the chief-intercessor-post-performing-pagan-human-sacrifice which kinda goes against the whole premise the animal sacrifice was already considered archaic by the Jews in jeebus' days, by that stage, there was IIRC only doves getting culled.

If one thinks about it, being city folk, they probably no longer had access to lands and animals aplenty for their rituals. It always puzzled me why the temple accounts appeared less barbaric than the days of yore in moses the moron's time. I guess the Romans put paid to that barbarism if it had survived till then. Plus the Levite priesthood was already replaced by the scribes and pharisees, maybe in today's terms intellectuals and philosophers.

So I guess with that in mind we can...

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

That probably fits more in line with current woo woo thinking......... :Hmm: AND, it appears only a beleevur can commit this sin in the first place.

I.. suppose I have? Maybe? I'm sure among my countless mocking, drunken blasphemies I've said something to get the HG's knickers in a twist.

'Course, as y'all know, I was raised Mormon, so the whole "blaspheming the Holy Spirit" thing isn't something I was privy to during my pre-adult probation. Besides which, I'm not going to Hell; I'm going to the Telestial Kingdom (maybe the Terrestrial, depending on what constitutes having led a respectable life), of which Jo Smith himself said, "If men knew the glory of even the lowest kingdom of heaven, they would throw themselves from the tops of buildings to get there sooner."

If you think about it, I win twice. I get to drink, smoke, sleep around and generally misbehave here on Earth and I still get a spiritual promotion after I die. :grin:

I guess it all depends on what you think the words "Holy Spirit" signify. If they point to brotherly love, unity, cooperation, harmony or the collective good then try that first.

Fuck brotherly love. To hell with cooperation. Down with unity. Up the ass with harmony. Shit on the collective good.

Seems kind of retarded to me, but only because I strongly suspect that the very existence of organisms relies on the existence of cooperative structures. Might as well say, "Fuck Life."

If there is a god, it has absolutely nothing to do with religion. Religious concepts of god fail at every crime they commit in that god's name. Rewards and punishments are for the living, not the dead. Even the xtian babble claims god is a god of the living and not the dead. Once you die, then, god has no power over you.

I'm going to the Telestial Kingdom (maybe the Terrestrial, depending on what constitutes having led a respectable life), of which Jo Smith himself said, "If men knew the glory of even the lowest kingdom of heaven, they would throw themselves from the tops of buildings to get there sooner."

There ya go VC. You find your brain cells burned out while you are on your death bed leading you to once again give weight to fairy tales, just do the old Mormon repentance thing instead. Then, even if you are found condemned, you will go to the Telestial kingdom and won't have to be around that bastard of a god anyway. Win win.

Or perhaps you can't find it in yourself to think you might ever believe in Mormonism, but you think you might one minority version of the 30,000 versions of the gospel out there, why might that be?

Vomit, the one thing you have to remember, is you don't have to blaspheme the holy spirit. It's not a requisite to be an ex-christian or an atheist. Don't worry about it man. Blaspheming the holy spirit doesn't make someone who does it any better than someone who does not.

Peace man

Ya know, VC, I really don't know if I've blasphemed the holy spirit, and I think the concept is pretty murky, maybe by design, since it keeps people on pins and needles about whether they're appeasing god (and therefore, theoretically, in line).

As a xian, and from xians I talked to after my deconversion, a common answer was that you really had to try to blaspheme the holy spirit. You have to be very deliberate about it and say something like "the holy spirit is a scum sucking asshole who wears army boots and can suck my dick." People seem to have a lower bar as to what constitutes blasphemy when it's not on a "go directly to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200" space. Then you look at definitions of blasphemy. They generally say that blasphemy is irreverence toward a deity. Is claiming that god doesn't exist "irreverent?" If god does not exist, does not the holy spirit not exist, by extension? Or do you have to call out the holy spirit explicitly as not existing? What if one concludes that god (and by extension the holy spirit) does not exist after years of serious examination? Is that taking the "sacred" lightly? Is not capitalizing "holy spirit" blasphemous? Is saying that I haven't said, "the holy spirit is a scum sucking asshole who wears army boots and can suck my dick" blasphemy?

I have to say, I can identify. Having a vestige of concern about this issue far in the back of my mind was the last bet I hedged, well after mostly dealing with the sexual baggage wrought by the xian indoctrination. Vigile is right: it is a weird form of Pascal's Wager, and I agree that it's not something to sweat. If, in fact, I haven't blasphemed the holy spirit (whatever that means, because it's pretty obvious to me that the holy spirit, yahweh, jesus, godhead, xian trinity, etc., does not exist) then I'd just have to pick the "because I don't give a shit" reason. What's the point in blaspheming something that doesn't exist, especially when it's the "father" persona that is generally portrayed as vengeful and sadistic (although some OT figures have gone on some pretty good murderous rampages when the "spirit of the lord," that most xians would probably interpret as the holy spirit, came upon them).

As Florduh pointed out, brainwashing does run deep. You might not be sweating this at all ten years from now. In general, I think if blaspheming the holy spirit helps, one should do it, if it spooks a person, so to speak, then don't.

Umm, I don't see a point in "blaspheming" something that isn't there. I'm not an angry person anyway. I just never thought much about it.

I think I have blasphemed the Lard when I said "Fuck God and the horse He rode in on." and "Holy Spirit, my ass, fuck the Holy Spirit, it doesn't even exist!" Stuff like that.

I did it to express my new found freedom from the fear that used to manipulate and torment me.

More therapy: The holy spirit is a primitive, man-made myth only good for fiction novels.

Honestly, I don't even know what blasphemy in the holy spirit is. I never understood it when I was a Christian and I still don't get it. I know it comes from something Jesus said, but I haven't a clue what you would actually do to commit that sin.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't even know what blasphemy in the holy spirit is. I never understood it when I was a Christian and I still don't get it. I know it comes from something Jesus said, but I haven't a clue what you would actually do to commit that sin.

Jeebus cast out demons and is accused of doing this with the power of beelzebub, goes on to admonish with a house divided against itself cannot stand and then tells everyone that it is alright to call his father a douchebag and himself but never imply the holy spook is of the devil.

Makes perfect sense :HaHa:

I thought that to profess Christ at one time and then to publicly declare that Christianity was false was blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 6:4-6 suggests that it's unforgivable

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

So we're all blasphemers.

:woohoo: We can have a filthy heathen club!

Wait....I haven't been baptized. Do I count? :HaHa:

I thought that to profess Christ at one time and then to publicly declare that Christianity was false was blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 6:4-6 suggests that it's unforgivable

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

No that is not it, but is the woo woo interpretation. It boils down that if you reject the grosspill, you are doomed to eternal damnation which this verse clearly infers. Then you have the parable of the lost sheep and the prodigal son which is totally opposite to this.

I imagine back then, folk could see the BS for what is was, human intuition cannot be a product of the 19th to 21st Centuries. Verses like this was to keep the faithfools in the fold and make them feel somehow superior.