Goodbye Jesus

Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit.

Vomit Comet

Honestly, I don't even know what blasphemy in the holy spirit is. I never understood it when I was a Christian and I still don't get it. I know it comes from something Jesus said, but I haven't a clue what you would actually do to commit that sin.

Jeebus cast out demons and is accused of doing this with the power of beelzebub, goes on to admonish with a house divided against itself cannot stand and then tells everyone that it is alright to call his father a douchebag and himself but never imply the holy spook is of the devil.

Makes perfect sense :HaHa:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :phew:

But wait, aren't God, Jebus and the HS are all one... and if you blasphemy one you blasphemy all three? Maybe they are only one when they are not three? In other words, they are always one and three, except when they are three and not one?

Ohhhhh my god I am sooooo confused! :ouch:

I always knew I wasn't smart enough to be a Christian, but it's at times like this I see why! :banghead:

• Like 1

But wait, aren't God, Jebus and the HS are all one... and if you blasphemy one you blasphemy all three? Maybe they are only one when they are not three? In other words, they are always one and three, except when they are three and not one?

Ohhhhh my god I am sooooo confused! :ouch:

No you're not, it make perfect logical sense :HaHa:

Well, when I was a Christain, I always took this to mean denying the holy spirit. Meaning...not listening...not believing.

It made sense to me that he only unforgivable sin would be to deny the spirit that brings you salvation.

So I think when any of us say "The Bible is crap"...or that God is an imaginary friend, or whatever else- that qualifies.

That was pretty much my impression as a Christian as well...that it had very little to do with saying "fuck the holy spirit" but had a lot to do with my beliefs, and if I thought it/they truly existed.

So by the standards I had as a Christian, anyone here who once claimed to be Christian and now doesn't believe that Bible-god is real has blasphemed the holy spirit.

I have an ultra religious niece who was constantly trying to get me back in the fold after my de-conversion.

She would not let up.

So I asked her if she believed that blaspheming the Holy Spirit was the one unforgivable sin, and she said "yes".

I then proceded to talk to her about the holy spook raping Mary against her will, just to produce a sacrificial

lamb to be murdered when he grew up. I told her this spook should be drawn and quartered if it has any limbs to

draw and quarter.

Now she knows there is no hope for me. She has stopped badgering me to come back to Jebus.

• Like 1

My understand was the holy id-git was the only 'force' that could communicate the gospel, so rejecting that person/force meant you reject the gospel. So according to Christianity I blaspheme all the time because I believe it's all made up. Fuck the holy spirit is like saying fuck leprechauns. I'm not afraid of repercussions from little Irish gnomes or any other imaginary characters. If you worry about it then you still believe it.

Google Mark Twain and profanity for a good laugh. Two of my favorite quotes of his are:

"My swearing doesn't mean any more to me than your sermons do to you."

- comment made to Rev. Joe Twichell, quoted in Mark Twain and Hawaii, by

Walter Francis Frear

"Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances,

profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." in Mark Twain, A Biography.

As a Xtian I always had an irrational fear of committing the unforgivable sin, once I've heard there is such as an unforgivable sin. I was always afraid I might commit it accidentaly or something. I didn't understand it either why it was unforgivable.

I'm not sure if I committed it. I didn't say deliberate blasphemous words of it/him(?) or something and I don't really intend to either. I think I'm keeping my options open, just in case some proof would occur (or in other words, yes, I might be too chicken :HaHa:). But if, like some of you say, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is deconverting after you have been a Xtian and rejecting Xtianity, then of course I did it too like the rest of you. I don't mind this, because I couldn't live in Xtianity any more, so if this is "unforgivable" then so be it. However I would not say blasphemous words of it/him, just for the sake of it.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the reasons I blasphemed the holy spirit, was because I got tired of being afraid of doing it by accident. I was afraid you could just think the words and be damned. So after getting sick of being worried about it and thinking I might have done it already, I said "Screw it!" and blasphemed the holy spirit in no uncertain terms.

Throwing Down The Gauntlet-Time To Spit In The Face Of Divine Terror

Guest Babylonian Dream

Hmmmmmmmmm... wouldn't be such a rough choice if I were gay. :scratch:

Ummm... not for me. I'm gay. It might be nice to wake up next to this God:

Roman_Statue_of_Apollo.jpg

I like older guys, but there is such thing as too old. Like when they've got white hair:

Creation_of_the_Sun_and_Moon_face_detail.jpg

I did blaspheme against the holy spirit once. It was because there wasn't any other way to scare the mormons away from my porch for good. They'd come back every year. So finally I said something like:

Curse be the holy spirit!

Curse be the Father and the Son!

And Praise be to Our Lord Satan!

They thought I was so serious, you should've seen their faces light up like the 4th of July. They left, scared. I hope it wasn't too traumatic, but it was funny as hell.

How do you make images from the net smaller when posting them?

I may not be gay, but it's pretty obvious that god #1 is a lot hotter than god #2.

I did it for a few reasons. For shits and giggles and to show others that I don't give a crap about Christianity and don't fear the bullshit one bit. Fuck Jesus, fuck the holy spirit, they're a bunch of imaginary douche bags and I don't know if there is no god, but I know that Christianity simply is not possible. It's so f*cking stupid and insane, I don't fear it anymore than I fear Santa sending me coal for xmas.

• 2 weeks later...

^ :funny:

• 8 months later...

LOL! That's a good one.

I realized I have come a long way since my deconversion regarding this issue. While I was a Christian I worried a LOT about committing the unforgivable sin, perhaps accidentally. Even after my deconversion for months I wouldn't dare to commit this "sin". Now I don't have a problem with it any more. I guess that means my deconversion is complete and I'm completely free of this superstition called Christianity. I love my freedom, I'm so happy!

It's also a good way to shake off Xtians who try to win you back. Tell them too late you have already blasphemed the HS. happydance.gif

Now that over a year has past since my departure, I'm a little more comfortable in my atheist boots than I once was and feel absolutely no hesitation to say: Fuck God The Father, Jesus, The Holy Spirit and the horse that this 3 headed hydra god rode in on.

In fact, I found myself LMAO the other day watching this bit by Louis CK and Gibson's film "The passion of the Christ". He said something like this:

Has anyone seen that Gibson film where Jesus gets beaten the shit out of for like 3 hrs? Like holy shit, what did this guy do to deserve this? Key someone's Camaro?

My opinion on the subject:

If there is a God, and blasphemy is the ultimate Sin, i don't believe that "God damn" or anything of the sort is blasphemy. I believe that killing in gods name... hurting others in gods name... THAT is blasphemy.

If there is a God, and blasphemy is the ultimate Sin, i don't believe that "God damn" or anything of the sort is blasphemy. I believe that killing in gods name... hurting others in gods name... THAT is blasphemy.

That's because you have a better moral compass than those who wrote the bible. Actions that hurt others are immoral, thoughts and words are just thoughts and words. It's amazing how difficult such a simple concept as this is to grasp by those caught up in the net.

That's because you have a better moral compass than those who wrote the bible. Actions that hurt others are immoral, thoughts and words are just thoughts and words. It's amazing how difficult such a simple concept as this is to grasp by those caught up in the net.

Yes. If only all those that have killed and hurt others in god's name had shared your view, Izzy, the world would have been a much, much better place.