Goodbye Jesus

Hello - May I Tell My Story In Time?

Laurilee

Hello. I'm new here. I found this forum by accident a few weeks ago and read a lot of your stories. They moved me so much. I noticed how kind everyone was here (unlike in the many Christian forums). I noticed how people support one another and don't blame in any way. I noticed how you all allow each other just to 'be.' I related to so many of your stories and was so moved that I decided to join the forum. I joined, and did not come back for a few weeks. I think I felt confused. But I have just come back again, and read a lot more things and I want to tell my story - but not sure when I will be able to do it. I know it will be painful. I am not even sure how it will come out when I try to tell it. It may come out in a few differents posts, but I see that others have done that too.

Anyway, thankyou for having me here, and I hope to say more soon. If that is O.K.

Hello. I'm new here. I found this forum by accident a few weeks ago and read a lot of your stories. They moved me so much. I noticed how kind everyone was here (unlike in the many Christian forums). I noticed how people support one another and don't blame in any way. I noticed how you all allow each other just to 'be.' I related to so many of your stories and was so moved that I decided to join the forum. I joined, and did not come back for a few weeks. I think I felt confused. But I have just come back again, and read a lot more things and I want to tell my story - but not sure when I will be able to do it. I know it will be painful. I am not even sure how it will come out when I try to tell it. It may come out in a few differents posts, but I see that others have done that too.

Anyway, thankyou for having me here, and I hope to say more soon. If that is O.K.

Laurilee! I am so glad you found us! Take your time. We understand the pain you are in coming here. If you have been reading the posts - you know it's not easy - but It does get easier. Looking forward to hearing your story. Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. You don't have to ask anybody's permission. :jesus:

Laurilee, I am sure you would find a lot of support and empathy if you decide to post your story. No hurry, but it can sometimes help to get it out. Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forum. You don't have to ask anybody's permission. :jesus:

Not sure if I am replying in the right place, but anyway, thankyou Margee and Rank Stranger. This may take some time. Also it may be long but I am not sure yet.

No hurry. Some people post their stories right away. Some wait years. Some never post it. There's no requirement or time limit.

Personally my deconversion story just isn't all that interesting. I was a depressed, anxious teenager... and realized that the whole religion thing was bullshit. Then I got older, and I'm still reasonably sure that's it's bullshit. That's about it for me. But I've been lucky. I know that some people go through HELL over religion.

Hi, Lauralee. Welcome to ExC.

As others have already said, take your time and when you are ready then post your story. The purpose in posting your story is to help you. It just so happens that others benefit, too. So, when you are ready, then we'll look forward to reading it.

• Super Moderator

Welcome. Post whenever and whatever feels comfortable for you. When someone escapes the religious mindset -- it's time to celebrate! Be happy!biggrin.gif

Took me a fair amount of time before joining and introduction before I finally deconverted hence the name which was my acronym for fence sitter. My testimony came a long while later.

Welcome to the "dark side" just kidding, this is actually the light side, if sides exist.

Maybe it is best to draft your story and put it on ice for awhile. You are probably still in process and is a confusing/emotional time.

Best of luck and welcome.

Welcome Laurilee! I'm pretty new here too and haven't put up a deconversion story. Take your time and do what you're comfortable with. As you can see the people here are warm and supportive.

Welcome to the site Laurilee! Take your time with sharing "your" story and if you never get to that point that is ok too. This site has helped me so much in realizing that I was among many that shared in the same battle.

• Super Moderator

Welcome!

You don't have to tell anybody anything. Enjoy the site.

Another hello and welcome - i'm in northern england too - i have been mainly just reading here for nearly 2 years and have still not gotten round to writing my story - partly because of having very little time due to having 2 very energetic young children and also because i think it would just turn into an epic!!! I would like to get round to it one day as i really love to read other peoples stories. Hope you get as much out of this site as i have.

Hello! :)

Welcome, drop by anytime.

You know, I never really shared my story- just my current struggles. This place is fantastic- You can learn so much and just be yourself.

See you around!

take your time. Welcome to the community!

Hi Laurilee,

Welcome and congratulations! I remember when I posted my story 3 years ago, I was so nervous, and couldn't believe that I had actually said "out loud" that I wasn't a christian anymore! It was great though receiving everyone's supportive responses.

Looking forward to reading your story when you do post it (but no rush).

Cheers,

Jackie

Guest I Love Dog

Welcome to the site, Laurilee.

Tell your story anytime or never, whatever is comfortable for you.

Whatever you decide, the people on this site are wonderful. Trust me. Supportive and understanding. You won't find better.

You have taken a big first step just writing this paragraph. Tell us your story whenever you feel the time is right for you. There are a lot of understanding people here. You may be surprised how sharing your experiences with people who have done the same will set you free.

I think it is really huge that you were brave enough to post at all. Welcome Laurilee. Telling your story can be tough but I think it can be really good for people. I never have been able to tell my whole story at once. It has come out in bits and pieces. The whole leaving religion seemed complicated and so much happened to cause me to want to explore who I was outside of the church. Take your time and do what feels good to you.