Goodbye Jesus

How Do T Jews Ignore Or Justify Yhwh's Atrocities?

Tabula Rasa

I'm a bit puzzled as to how jews can ignore, or possibly justify the monstrous actions of YHVH in the Old Testament. Can anyone give me any insight on this?

Just like Christians, Jews feel they deserve god's wrath because their holy book says so!

Most Jews don't take the OT literally (i.e. Orthodox & Reformed). I'd assume this is part of the reason it doesn't bother them as it's all just allegory to them.

Most Jews don't take the OT literally (i.e. Orthodox & Reformed). I'd assume this is part of the reason it doesn't bother them as it's all just allegory to them.

Human brutalty is a matter of humans themselves. Earth is for humans to fully execise their free will. In OT the Jews are commanded to adapt an "eye for eye, tooth for tooth" approach to survive, and as a result the Jews actually survive history to bring forward God's message of salvation to today's human beings.

Moreover, when you made up your mind to be against God, that is, you decided to be part of the "dead" camp, then don't stand in His way as He said that He'd die for His sheep. If He'd die for His sheep, perhaps He'd remove the "dead" camp for His message of salvation to be brought forward by the Jews to save humans nowadays.

To simply put, He allows freewill to be fully execised here on earth, Jews killing the "dead", or Jews being killed by enemies such as the Egyptians (the dead) or by Romans or Hitler, they are all allowed as human behavior resulted by the execising of their freewill. God only cares about how His sheep are saved by keeping His message of salvation moving forward. He ensures that human brutally (even killing the Jews) won't stop the fore-going of His message.

It is thus a success that humans practised their brutalty of killing each other, while His message aren't stop and keeps moving forward to reach humans till this day. Isaiah even said that the wicked (the dead) are part of the ransom for the redeeming of the sheep. Again, when you decided to be the dead and be part of the ransom (atrocities? you are the dead anyway), then don't try to stand in His way of salvation, as He'd die for His sheep.

In Matthew 25, the dead are called "the cursed" mayhaps because they can never figure this out.

• Super Moderator
Human brutalty is a matter of humans themselves.

What is in question is the brutality, genocide, rape and murder of innocents specifically ordered by God, according to the story.

Human brutalty is a matter of humans themselves. Earth is for humans to fully execise their free will. In OT the Jews are commanded to adapt an "eye for eye, tooth for tooth" approach to survive, and as a result the Jews actually survive history to bring forward God's message of salvation to today's human beings.

Moreover, when you made up your mind to be against God, that is, you decided to be part of the "dead" camp, then don't stand in His way as He said that He'd die for His sheep. If He'd die for His sheep, perhaps He'd remove the "dead" camp for His message of salvation to be brought forward by the Jews to save humans nowadays.

To simply put, He allows freewill to be fully execised here on earth, Jews killing the "dead", or Jews being killed by enemies such as the Egyptians (the dead) or by Romans or Hitler, they are all allowed as human behavior resulted by the execising of their freewill. God only cares about how His sheep are saved by keeping His message of salvation moving forward. He ensures that human brutally (even killing the Jews) won't stop the fore-going of His message.

It is thus a success that humans practised their brutalty of killing each other, while His message aren't stop and keeps moving forward to reach humans till this day. Isaiah even said that the wicked (the dead) are part of the ransom for the redeeming of the sheep. Again, when you decided to be the dead and be part of the ransom (atrocities? you are the dead anyway), then don't try to stand in His way of salvation, as He'd die for His sheep.

In Matthew 25, the dead are called "the cursed" mayhaps because they can never figure this out.

You words here are a living example of why religion is,on balance, a bad thing for this world. Your ramblings are not only insane, but they are complete non-sequitors in light of the OP and JadedAtheist's comment.

• Like 1

You words here are a living example of why religion is,on balance, a bad thing for this world. Your ramblings are not only insane, but they are complete non-sequitors in light of the OP and JadedAtheist's comment.

In the very contrary, those nations with Christianity rooted are the most prosperous nations in this world. And you won't accept any explanation because your rebellious nature will prefer rejecting God. That's why you turn a blind eye how the Jews' first born sons being killed by the Egyptians on-sight when they got over-populated. But when the Jews killed back, you feel bad.

What is in question is the brutality, genocide, rape and murder of innocents specifically ordered by God, according to the story.

Since when "rape and murder" is ordered by God. You even choose to lie (and to deceive even yourself)

• Super Moderator

Since when "rape and murder" is ordered by God. You even choose to lie (and to deceive even yourself)

One little tidbit from I Samuel:

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.

There are many more examples, and you know it. Be careful whom you accuse of lying.

Your entire argument hinges on "the end justifies the means." According to the fable, god created a flawed race and then continued to brutally punish them with flood, pestilence, genocide, infanticide and rape. Your argument is that any cruelty used to ensure the survival of his small band of followers was totally okay. What misery that 'merciful' deity didn't impose on his creation through disaster he commanded his followers to do. Good thing it's just a story.

Oh, and when someone has arrived at a different conclusion than you, chalking it up to a "rebellious nature" is not an argument.

In the very contrary, those nations with Christianity rooted are the most prosperous nations in this world. And you won't accept any explanation because your rebellious nature will prefer rejecting God. That's why you turn a blind eye how the Jews' first born sons being killed by the Egyptians on-sight when they got over-populated. But when the Jews killed back, you feel bad.

You don't know me. You don't know how I think or what I feel. You have no idea of my motives. Yet you think you do. That's why religion is so bad. In religion, you can't really get to know people without forcing them into your mythological view of the world. Religion thrives on stereotypes and prejudices.

You call me rebellious. You can't know that. You don't know what motivates me. You blather on about me turning a blind eye? How do you know that? You don't. You can't. Yet your religion deludes you into thinking you can know.

You claim that I feel bad because Jews killed back? How do you know how I feel? Once again, you think your religion gives you some special knowledge that you can't possibly have.

The more you write, the more you reveal that religion, at least your kind of religion as evidenced by the words you type, is bad for the world.

Guest I Love Dog

I'm not an expert in Judaism or Christianity or religion itself, but after reading a lot of the OT, just as an excercise in trying to understand where Christianity came from, it is so obvious to me that much of the OT is allegorical, stories, myth and legend written by a race of people that felt isolated, cast out, and in that state, wrote to bolster themselves, build up the individual. So much of what was written was like inspirational.

Yahweh is/was fictitious, one of many gods that the Hebrews worshiped.

God(Yahweh) didn't REALLY kill 3 million people! He didn't really smite and strike down people who disobeyed him!

The tribes of Israel were few and small, simple donkey nomads. Yahweh didn't REALLY tell them they were HIS people, it was just inspirational. The Exodus was a tiny affair, but built up into something to inspire!

I'm sure that Jewish people can see this and don't take everything that is written as God's true word!

Guest I Love Dog

Hawkins, if you go to http://www.evilbible.com all will be revealed.

But of course, it is all allegorical, just like Yahweh is imaginary, as is Jesus, the Christian god. Not one word of it is true.

It was all designed for control. The OT to control and inspire the Hebrews, the NT to control the people of the Roman Empire.

In modern terms, it is all nonsense and needs to be relegated to where it belongs. In the past, and let humans develop and get on with real life, not nonsense.

• Like 1

Why haven't we banned you yet? Not only are you delusional (as evidenced by your Christianity) but you make no logical sense. Why did you even quote me? You just felt the lord move your heart to quote me to tell me I am spiritually dead and hell bound? How considerate. I'm actually scared that people like you exist. Only the saved are "alive" and everyone else is dead so who cares what happens to us eh? We better protect only the elect! Who cares what happens to the unsaved, as you said "atrocities? you are the dead anyway"!

While you claim we are deceived and rebellious, the sad thing is that it is actually you who have been deceived and you are the one rebelling against common sense and logic.

I am also scared of such people. What kind of evil are you capable of, Hawkins, when you see other human beings as dead already?

• Like 2

In the very contrary, those nations with Christianity rooted are the most prosperous nations in this world.

Except Japan. And China. Oops.

And you won't accept any explanation because your rebellious nature will prefer rejecting God. That's why you turn a blind eye how the Jews' first born sons being killed by the Egyptians on-sight when they got over-populated. But when the Jews killed back, you feel bad.

Where's the proof for 1. A large enslaved population of Hebrews in ancient Egypt, and 2. that the Egyptians murdered their children? No, the Bible does not count. Real proof.

And I agree with others here, you're obviously mentally unstable and sociopathic to think humans don't matter based on what they believe. I hope someone close to you has the men in white coats on speed-dial.

So prosperity is linked to having God's favor? I'm sure this message will be revamped in the coming age when we start falling behind. Then God will be punishing us for our wickedness. It's all so predictable.

In the very contrary, those nations with Christianity rooted are the most prosperous nations in this world.

That's a very dangerous view.

When the Roman Empire was at its peak, the Roman (before Christianity became state religion) were pagans and most likely thought that their success was because their gods had blessed them.

I'm certain that the Persian empire and the Babylonian did the same.

It's actually a post hoc fallacy to think that our current prosperity is rooted in the most common religion. The truth is that our science grew out from the enlightenment when people were breaking up with traditional views of Christianity. It wasn't keeping the faith the made it happen, it was changing the views of it that caused it. It was a paradigm shift away from religion.

And you won't accept any explanation because your rebellious nature will prefer rejecting God.

I'd say it's your rebellious nature that make you reject reason and science to even explain anything. Our success came largely from science, and you reject it. Yet you claim our success came from Christianity, when in reality, Christianity is holding our progress back.

That's why you turn a blind eye how the Jews' first born sons being killed by the Egyptians on-sight when they got over-populated. But when the Jews killed back, you feel bad.

What? Are you just another racist troll who throws out unsupported accusations at other groups?

Did you ever read the Old Testament? It's full of stories when God kills people directly or when he commands the Israelites to do it.

Just a thought, but isn't Earth the worst MMO RPG ever for the created souls that God inspired? I'm just saying we need more hps. :shrug: