Goodbye Jesus

Need Advise Onngoing Deconversion Problems

Alucard

I deconverted a few years ago (my story is on here somewhere) I am now an atheist.

I have noticed since then I have had numerous medical problems; high blood pressure, horrible sinus problems, minor issues with my heart, leg weakness and a few others. I have been treated by doctors, but many of these issues still linger.

I have tried to pray about these problems but I literally can not bring myself to do it, or if I do manage to get the words out, I usually stop soon after starting, thinking what's the point.

Part of me feels as if there is something trying to get my attention, but at the same time it I wonder if it's in my head.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Any advise for dealing with something like this?

Well it is possible that you are harbouring some deep guilt about something, maybe your deconversion that is causing these things. Could just be a coincidence too, or be due to ageing.

Well it is possible that you are harbouring some deep guilt about something, maybe your deconversion that is causing these things. Could just be a coincidence too, or be due to ageing.

G got there first. Also consider, if there really was a skydaddy, would he really have time to plague your body just for kicks?

Lighten up on yourself. Bodies have issues. You're just human.

Stress? Adrenal exhaustion/issues? Thyroid or other hormonal imbalances?

There can be tons of medical reasons for these kinds of things, do you do physical activities to keep yourself in shape and help with stress issues? Something as simple as moving on in life and being less active could account for what you describe here.

That, and to be honest, there's not really enough info here for someone to make any kind of informative tips. But just to reassure you, it's not because some divine being is trying to get your attention.

I deconverted a few years ago (my story is on here somewhere) I am now an atheist.

I have noticed since then I have had numerous medical problems; high blood pressure, horrible sinus problems, minor issues with my heart, leg weakness and a few others. I have been treated by doctors, but many of these issues still linger.

I have tried to pray about these problems but I literally can not bring myself to do it, or if I do manage to get the words out, I usually stop soon after starting, thinking what's the point.

Part of me feels as if there is something trying to get my attention, but at the same time it I wonder if it's in my head.

Why don't you pray? If there is no one there, nothing will happen.silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

Why don't you pray? If there is no one there, nothing will happen.silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

You beat me to it! I still will 'pray'. If there ever is a god who can hear you - He, she, it, will know that I always tried?? :shrug: It just comes naturally for me - Maybe it always will be part of me. I have accepted this.

You beat me to it! I still will 'pray'. If there ever is a god who can hear you - He, she, it, will know that I always tried?? :shrug: It just comes naturally for me - Maybe it always will be part of me. I have accepted this.

I agree. I pray all the time. I feel like He answers me too. Either that or it gets my serotonin working better. No matter. Do what works, right? I feel that the author of the thread is afraid he might be wrong and that he might get answered and then he will have to deal with all those "God" questions. But if you are answered and you don't want to deal with God questions, you have to remember it could be coincidence or brain chemicals or placebo from your own belief. Pray, and then do the scientific method on it.lmao_99.gif