Goodbye Jesus

A Demon Attacked My Sister!

pk62281

Yesterday, I spoke with my sister over the phone. We talked about my deconversion and I explained to her the reasons that I stopped believing. She used the typical arguments that fundies use against ex christains. "You were never a Christian" "You're just bitter and it's a heart issue" blah blah blah. We actually very rarley talk, but she called randomly to talk about what's going in her life.

Anyways, my sister has always been one of those fundies who thinks he or she is "tuned in". Supposedly, she's really spiritually sensitive, and somehow she can tune into a channel that few people get. She claims that lately, god has been speaking to her through dreams, and she's also experiencing demonic attacks. One example she gave me is of how a good friend of hers thought that her fiance was going to propose this June 2011, but my sister dreamt that he was going to propose in September 2010. Low and behold, he proposed the last week of September 2010! Whoopdie fuckin shit! The question I asked her is "WTF is god wasting his time and energy telling you about when some dude is going to propose? Who gives a shit? There's albinos in Africa who are scared for their lives because people over there think it's magic to eat them, why doesn't he tell them they're being idiots? Why doesn't he appear to Sarah Palin or Glenn Beck in a dream and tell them to STFU? Why doesn't he tell you where Osama Bin Laden aka some actual useful information?"Her response was "So I could pray for her, things go more smoothly when I pray"*Facepalm*

Anyways, as she's explaining this all of a sudden I hear her shrieking at the top of her lungs like something out of a horror movie! I hear enlongated beeps from her frantically pressing dialing her phone. She's shrieking and crying and yelling in tongues. The whole time I'm thinking.. WTF is going on!!! Is she being killed? Did she come across a dead body? Is someone trying to kill her? She is absolutely hysterical and this goes on for a good 5 minutes. I'm yelling "Compose yourself! What happened?! tell me what happened!?" She could barely get her words out, and finally she managed to explain to me what happened....

While we were talking, she was sitting in front of our parents house in her parked car. As she was sitting there, a truck rammed into the back of her car, backed up, and then drove off. It was a hit and run. Physically, she wasn't hurt at all, but the left side of the rear of the car is slightly crumpled in. The car is still driveable. This is in the suburbs of Chicago, so the guy (or girl) probably was driving like an idiot, slid on the ice, hit her, was too cowardly to man up for his actions, and then drove off.

This reinforces her delusion that demons are attacking her. She's now convinced, more than ever, that it was a demon that caused the accident while we were talking about the phone, especially since we were talking about my deconversion and we don't talk much. She supposedly scared the demon off by praying in tongues. FML....

I really wish my sister had enough sense and composure to take down the license plate of the truck. I would like to think that, if I was in that situation, that I would've immediately started the car and chased that fucker down. But no... instead I have a sister who freaks out and thinks a demon hit her. WTF!!!!

This all so friggin narcissistic. Apparently, god himself speaks to my sister and she even has a circle of deluded friends who come to her for prayer because shes so tuned in. Supposedly, her friends are also convinced that she has some spiritual gift. God doesn't give 2 shits about starving kids in Africa, child abuse victims, but he cares about when my sister's friend is gonna get proposed to? What kind of retarded joke is this?

On a side note, if god had a sense of humor... I would chase down the truck and find that it was a dude in a devil costume running late for a costume party. lol.

• Like 1

Maybe God will give her the license plate number in a dream and the police will catch the idiot....:lmao:

Im truly amazed by the people who enable her. They feed into this fantasy by thinking she is a prayer conduit.:ugh:

I'm dealing with a similar issue but with a co-worker who has found god and now is apparently sensitive to demonic attacks. He pratically preaches at work, and when someone tells him of a problem he puts his hand on their shoulder and raises his other hand and spouts holy drivel acting as he is some great problem healer. :banghead:

If I accidentally hit someone and saw them screaming in tongues at the top of their lungs and trying to fight off demons I'd probably drive off too!

• Like 2

I lived with this shit for years in various stages of terror, amusement and boredom. My mother is convinced she sees demons and managed to convince me as a teenager they were afer me. Worked out who the demon really was.

I feel so bad for her pk. ;)

I used to believe the exact same way. You could not convince me back in my Pentecostal days that it wasn't a demon hitting my car (or whatever bad luck) came my way. I was taught that the fight goes on in the atmosphere until Jesus returns and sets up the new world.

I remember going from room to room in my house and business, castings out all the evil spirits and demons for the day. Of course, it had to be done again the next day. I was not into too many questions at that point, of my Christianity. I was told there was a war going on and I believed it with all my heart.

I blamed demons for my broken marriage, my weight problem, my roof leaking, my drinking problem, my car problems, my financial problems, my colds, flu's etc........ you get the picture?

I had a girlfriend that thought all her 4 little boys were demon possessed!

God - now when I look back!:Doh:

It's probably going to be awhile (by the sounds of it) to deconvert her. I hope you can work something out, so you can remain good friends through this.

Good luck my friend.

Yeah they used to come and pray the demons out of my room every week, then wondered why I wouldnt sleep in there. Eventually I was like, well if these demons are everywhere, how come I haven't seen one? Where's MY demon? Nope, nothing. I felt so left out.

And I though MY sister was nuts! I feel better now.

As I always say, every family's got "one", and if you think yours doesn't, it's you.

• Like 1

And I though MY sister was nuts! I feel better now.

As I always say, every family's got "one", and if you think yours doesn't, it's you.

Oh Crap!!:eek:

the telephone conversation must have taken more than a few minutes.

speaking in a parked car on a slippery road conditions, silverpenny013Hmmm.gif no wonder demons want to attack her,,,,,LeslieHappyCry.gif

she is just waiting for accidents to happen,,,,

god did protect her from the hit and run, didn't he? just a bump on the car and drove away. if not for god's protection, she could have been ,,,,,,,,,WendyDoh.gif

Think i should not mock on that,,,,,,,, that could have been my thinking as well lmao_99.gif

God, I remember those days.

It's kind of ironic, that the more "right" you are with God the harder demons try to fuck with you. You'd think your 'Resistance Points' would go up alongside your MP! To use RPG parlance....

Did any of you think that Demons were attacking to the point where you could actually see and/or audibly hear them?

What about hearing god's voice? I feel like some people are more vulnerable to religious delusions than others.

I hate to say it, but your sister is psychotically delusional with a tinge of paranoid schizophrenia.

If I accidentally hit someone and saw them screaming in tongues at the top of their lungs and trying to fight off demons I'd probably drive off too!

:lmao:

:lmao::HappyCry:

Oh man, Brother....ME TOO!

Did any of you think that Demons were attacking to the point where you could actually see and/or audibly hear them?

What about hearing god's voice? I feel like some people are more vulnerable to religious delusions than others.

pk, strong religious experinces take place int the temporal lobe area of the brain. Some people may be more sensitive to inflammation in that area, or more sesntive to stimulation. A lot of it is like meditative tricks...(different) but what I mean is- once that area is highly trained to behave a certain way, it just becomes easier and easier.

There is this doctor htat could put an electromagnetig helmet on you and stimulate your temporal lobes and you would "sense" good/evil presences. He has done this with religious and non-religious alike. It is called the "god helmet" !

An article about temporal lobe disorder

Many speculate that the great "Mystics" (including Paul) suffered seizures in this region.

I hope they catch the dude and he uses the" I was possessed by demons" defense :lmao:

Ok, so I'm of a spiritual bent myself. Believe in certain "delusions", I guess, but I still say - wtf.

Icy roads are not demons.

Reminds me of this friend who came to see me, all the way from 'Bama to New Orleans, because he had a "revelation." I don't want to go over it all again, it was batshittery from Revelations, let's leave it at that. He thought Satan was tracking him through electronics, so he didn't get driving directions from the internet, and drove around ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER FOR 3 HOURS. Then, the next night, when we were at a bar, he up and says "don't take a cab." Um, post-K New Orleans, I'm 2 miles from home, ghetto between me and home, no public transport after midnight, which was when he TOLD ME, so I asked why? "God told me it's not safe." I said, well, Gawd's gonna have to come down here and explain how a cab is less safe than walking through the ghetto to my face, and then I'm going to argue, and make him provide a better way to get home.

My rule - if it doesn't edify your life, it's probably just paranoia, or silliness. "Demonz attak me, OMG!" doesn't quite fit my idea of a healthy spirituality.

Guest I Love Dog

I remember going from room to room in my house and business, castings out all the evil spirits and demons for the day. Of course, it had to be done again the next day. I was not into too many questions at that point, of my Christianity. I was told there was a war going on and I believed it with all my heart.

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny. :(

Wow. That's sad. Really.

Ive actually never considered the idea that she might be clinically mentally ill. It actually does make sense now that I think about it. I think we all have a bit of crazy in us. Some more than others. I don't know how close she is to that line where she actually may need help.

Clinically mentally ill is the first thing I thought, actually....

:lmao::HappyCry:

Oh man, Brother....ME TOO!

I'll add my name to that list :HaHa:

When I was a Xtian I saw demons everywhere all the time too. I too thought that behind everything that is happening it's either God or Satan. I thought my mind was tempted by Satan all the time. I fought imaginary demons. I almost went crazy. I'm not joking! Luckily I was able to stop myself. My mother (who is an atheist) once asked me why I was shouting the other day in my room. I couldn't tell her that I was trying to drive away demons.... One morning I woke up and decided enough was enough: either I will stop it, or I will go crazy about it. That's when my long deconversion process started. It was just the beginning of the road, for several more years I still considered myself a Xtian. Only I stopped going to Church - because every time I heard or saw people do these "spiritual" things - my craziness was coming back. As I stopped going to Church I started to feel better. The pressure has eased. After I totally deconverted I became totally free of this madness. So I know very well by my own experience that these things, if you take them too seriously, have the potential to drive one crazy. I don't know where I would have ended up if I hadn't taken that conscious decision to stop!

I'm not a mentally ill person. I have never had such mental problems before my time as a Xtian and I don't have them any more now that I deconverted. I can tell you it was Xtianity that was driving me nuts and affecting me this way!

I can imagine now how crazy I might have looked to my mom with those shoutings to drive away demons! From the outside it's total madness! And it really is! Hopefully your sister too will find a cure one day. I don't necessarily think she is clinically mentally ill (I wasn't either) - it's just what Pentacostal Xtianity can do to certain people, who take it very seriously.....

I have never physically seen or heard these demons. I "only" believed in them very strongly. It's just what we were taught in the church. That spiritual beings are all around us. That if you have a "bad" thought it's a demon talking to you etc. So it go to the point when I even hurt myself to get those demons out of my head: I was hitting my head....

I have never actually heard them talk. Nor did I ever heard God talk to me.