Goodbye Jesus

A Demon Attacked My Sister!

pk62281

What is it with women and esp when it comes to marriage proposals? Back in my pentecostal days, that was one of the most common "prophetic" declarations I heard from female Christians. "God told me" so-and-so is going to marry so-and-so. In my 14 years in that world I heard that sort of thing a number of times, and often they came true. One even predicted the very DAY the guy would pop the question, and he did. It must be a chick thing. I've NEVER heard a male ever make any such prediction.

Did any of you think that Demons were attacking to the point where you could actually see and/or audibly hear them?

I could fill an entire book with such stories.

What about hearing god's voice? I feel like some people are more vulnerable to religious delusions than others.

Yeah. God transmitted a direct message into my brain a few different times.

One time I was newly 18 and I was contemplating all the rad hardcore tattoos I was going to get. I wanted to get all sleeved up and everything. God's voice then came out of nowhere and said "you're not going to pay for that with the money I provide you." Which in fundie-land means all your money no matter where it comes from or how hard you work (providing it's honest work). My only option from then on would have been to rescue a tattoo artist's kid from a burning house.

I'm actually glad I heard that voice, whatever the fuck it was. I would have gone and gotten all covered up with stupid Christian shit and I would be terribly regretting it now.

It must be a chick thing. I've NEVER heard a male ever make any such prediction.

I never predicted it, but goddamn there was many a time where I was all like "oh please please please God, if it be your will, please please please, maybe maybe maybe, she might be... the One that You have for me!?!?!"

pK

Following the "fundie logic" of a third of the angels being cast out of heaven and transcending into demonic form, there remains still two thirds good angels hence the demons are outnumbered 2:1. It therefor stands to reason, for every demon hiding behind the bush, there should be two angels to hold him down,

Following oin that, if the attack is demonic, why then is the lord withholding the good angels from protecting her.

Depending on how much you love her you can keep adding onto that but it sounds like she is already pretty batshit crazy with these delusions.

As with everything religious, demons are merely manifestations and self projections if you will IOW, all in the mind or made up like their invisible friend in the sky.

• Super Moderator

If one person, one family, one congregation sees or hears demons/angels/gods then it stands to reason that since others aren't witnessing and recording it the "phenomenon" is a result of mental illness, chemical imbalance and/or mass hysteria. In a volatile mental state we often experience that which we expect to experience. I saw Kreskin convince 200 people in a parking lot that there was a flying saucer hovering above them.

What is it with women and esp when it comes to marriage proposals? Back in my pentecostal days, that was one of the most common "prophetic" declarations I heard from female Christians. "God told me" so-and-so is going to marry so-and-so. In my 14 years in that world I heard that sort of thing a number of times, and often they came true. One even predicted the very DAY the guy would pop the question, and he did. It must be a chick thing. I've NEVER heard a male ever make any such prediction.

It's the sleeper grapevine. No woman is predicting anything, she only heard from someone that a guy is going to propose on a certain day.

Did any of you think that Demons were attacking to the point where you could actually see and/or audibly hear them?

I could fill an entire book with such stories.

What about hearing god's voice? I feel like some people are more vulnerable to religious delusions than others.

Yeah. God transmitted a direct message into my brain a few different times.

One time I was newly 18 and I was contemplating all the rad hardcore tattoos I was going to get. I wanted to get all sleeved up and everything. God's voice then came out of nowhere and said "you're not going to pay for that with the money I provide you." Which in fundie-land means all your money no matter where it comes from or how hard you work (providing it's honest work). My only option from then on would have been to rescue a tattoo artist's kid from a burning house.

I'm actually glad I heard that voice, whatever the fuck it was. I would have gone and gotten all covered up with stupid Christian shit and I would be terribly regretting it now.

I've definitely felt God speak to me on many occasions. That's why I still believe in God. I just have no idea what to do with it. Or maybe I should do nothing. However, all the teachings about demons etc. can make you nuts. If you are veering towards mental illness already, it can really make you nuts.

In my experience it's was me communicating to myself what I thought god would say. When you pray and feel like god is speaking back to you, that's you speaking to yourself. I didn't hear god audibly, but I did believe I heard demons before.

I also thought demons were attacking me, one time even to the point that I believed my spirit was taken out of my body and thrown around the room by them. I also believed I had been physically struck by demons. When the mind believes something it can make it seem very real. That part of my brain had been so sensitive to the 'spiritual' that I believed I felt the heaviness of demonic activity in certain places. Now it makes me sick to think how delusional I was.

Sometimes god (you) can tell you good things that will help you. I don't think it's because we're spiritual, it's because we have a lot of potential and can do alot of great things if we just listen to ourselves and believe in ourselves.

Everytime I hear someone say god is talking to them I think of the movie Real Genius :lmao:

• Super Moderator
Everytime I hear someone say god is talking to them I think of the movie Real Genius

I think of Robertson, Roberts, Koresh, Jones, Muhammed, and that other crazy guy who preaches in the park downtown.