Goodbye Jesus

Raising Children

Asimov

By no means am I a parent, nor do I wish to be as far as I'm concerned.

However I do try to think of better ways to raise children, mostly because I enjoy problem solving and partially because if I have to go into a grocery store and see kids screaming I think I'll bludgeon them with watermelons.

Would a community effort be required in the raising of children?

Would a more active parental role be required?

What about licenses for people who wish to have children? Not everyone should be parents, just like not everyone should be driving.

Any thoughts?

By no means am I a parent, nor do I wish to be as far as I'm concerned. 

However I do try to think of better ways to raise children, mostly because I enjoy problem solving and partially because if I have to go into a grocery store and see kids screaming I think I'll bludgeon them with watermelons.

Would a community effort be required in the raising of children?

Would a more active parental role be required?

What about licenses for people who wish to have children?  Not everyone should be parents, just like not everyone should be driving.

Any thoughts?

Heh. I have always been for licenses for having children. There are far too many unwanted, neglected, abused, badly raised, spoiled and generally fucked-up kids out there who wouldn't be if their parents actually had to prove they were up to the responsibility.

The fact that someone in my hometown just dropped three of her kids off a pier because God told her to only reinforces my feelings on this issue. :P

The fact that someone in my hometown just dropped three of her kids off a pier because God told her to only reinforces my feelings on this issue. :P

I'm sure if you met her kids you would use that excuse too....

:lmao: Sorry that was tasteless, but I had to say it. I'm not a fan of children but I would never advocate dropping them off piers.

This always cracks me up...

One of the orginal purposes of a marriage license and sex only within the bounds of marriage was for the purpose of raising children in a home supported by the community. (That is, the marriage had public support from both families thereby giving children a safety net of grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc.)

We wrote off that idea as stupid -- and now it comes back around again once the common sense sets in....

I'm RFLOL here.

This always cracks me up...

One of the orginal purposes of a marriage license and sex only within the bounds of marriage was for the purpose of raising children in a home supported by the community.  (That is, the marriage had public support from both families thereby giving children a safety net of grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc.)

We wrote off that idea as stupid -- and now it comes back around again once the common sense sets in....

I'm RFLOL here.

Fuck that, why should anyone have to get married to have kids?

I thought the topic was about handing out licenses to have kids.....

I thought the topic was about handing out licenses to have kids.....

He didn't say anything about a marriage license. He's talking about a "breeding" license.

And I agree. Heck, I think some people had to have bribed the DMV to get driver's licenses.

A breeding license is good. And kind of like taking driver's ed made my car insurance cheaper, The people who take parenting classes and stuff before getting their breeder's license could get discounted OB/GYN during the pregnancy. Maybe even a discount at a daycare provider or something like that as well.

At least that is at least 100,000% better than trapping them in a car sinking into a lake, or drowning them in a pool.

I hope those kids are swiftly adopted into a loving family. A truly loving family.

I'm sure if you met her kids you would use that excuse too....

:lmao:   Sorry that was tasteless, but I had to say it.  I'm not a fan of children but I would never advocate dropping them off piers.

Oh, I'm childfree as the day is long. I like kids ok as long as they're not being little monsters, but I have no burning desire to involve them in my life. I feel really bad for these kids but certainly won't spaz over an off-color joke. ;) Given my history, there's no way I can't admit to personal bias on this one. There's no "love" like a mother's "love".

In retrospect it makes me wonder if the biblical Abraham wasn't schizophrenic as well...look what he nearly did to his kid on the mercurial say-so of "God".

Well, you see, if they have to get married in order to have kids, "unacceptable people" like gays, who can't marry, won't be allowed to have kids. Groups who culturally avoid marriage because of stupid things like welfare laws will be SOL, too.

/snark

At least that is at least 100,000% better than trapping them in a car sinking into a lake, or drowning them in a pool.

I hope those kids are swiftly adopted into a loving family. A truly loving family.

Um, Khan? They're dead. The crazy bitch dropped them off the end of the San Francisco pier. They're not even expecting to be able to RECOVER two of the bodies. :(

Yeah. It was a nice thing to wake up to. Good thing Mummy Dearest wasn't a devout Christian. :ugh:

Yes, the loving family of Jesus.

Yes, the loving family of Jesus.

"Actually, kids, my dad's an assclown. Let's get out of here; there's a cold day down in Hell and they're selling icecream."

Um, Khan? They're dead. The crazy bitch dropped them off the end of the San Francisco pier. They're not even expecting to be able to RECOVER two of the bodies. :(

Yeah. It was a nice thing to wake up to. Good thing Mummy Dearest wasn't a devout Christian. :ugh:

Oh SHIT..... After rereading that.....

Oh, god..........

:banghead:

I sometimes look over a single word, and sometimes that overlooked word changes the whole sentence altogether.

Khan they were dropped into the San Francisco Bay and they drowned, probably about the same time they died of hypothermia.

Sorry, I didn't notice that Becca had already answered.

Khan they were dropped into the San Francisco Bay and they drowned, probably about the same time they died of hypothermia.

See above post...

I initially read that post as "dropped off at the pier"

Hi Lana.... :)

Oh, god..........

I sometimes look over a single word, and sometimes that overlooked word changes the whole sentence altogether.

It's ok. I hated having to tell you they were dead. If they'd survived, I would have been completely agreeing with you. :)

You're all missing the point. There's NO FREKIN reason on earth to do what she did!!!! Even if she was depressed. And that excuse of using God sickens me! The only voices she might have heard were her own. Stupid Ass Mother!!!

You're all missing the point.  There's NO FREKIN reason on earth to do what she did!!!!  Even if she was depressed.  And that excuse of using God sickens me! The only voices she might have heard were her own.  Stupid Ass Mother!!!

Actually, I'm not missing the point at all--the stuff you just ranted has been going through my head all day. :)

You're all missing the point.  There's NO FREKIN reason on earth to do what she did!!!!  Even if she was depressed.  And that excuse of using God sickens me! The only voices she might have heard were her own.  Stupid Ass Mother!!!

We're not missing the point.... :shrug:

Just another Christian paying attention to her imaginary friend it sounds.

'

I will be honest with you Asimov Ivy and I never really wanted kids the first was cause by failed birth controll and the 2nd was planned but I would not trade my kids for the world. I personally never understood what True Love™ was until my first daughter was born. Its kinda funny it turns your whole world view on its head (I know Ivy will attest to that).

well just thought I would put in my $0.02

--Jester

Oh, god..........

Not to worry, kind and compassionate sir. Those children really and truly are a part of The Loving Family of Christ in Heaven™ at this very moment. :wub:

Just ask Gerbil... He'll tell you that once the mother realizes what she has done, she will, in turn, become a better person because of this. ^_^

Okay, I can't believe I just said that. icon11.gif