Goodbye Jesus

Why A Christian Is A Christian

chosendarkness

I think the reason for my Conversion was that my father and his wife converted to it when I was 12. So it seemed to me as the right thing to do. I believed in it while I was in, but I don't think I'd have ever converted if my father hadn't done so. In the hindsight I realize it was more his choice than mine. Not like he forced me to do it, but you know the brainwashing stuff worked on me and I believed it was the truth.

That brings up another discussion because Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are interlinked and derive from one another, but if a Christian were to try to mission in an affluent Hindu community, they most likely aren't going to have too many baptisms; their odds are better of coming back with baptism numbers if they targeted a poorer community, but chances are the converts would just slip back into their former mode once they figure out that they aren't really getting anything better.

Reminds me of the missionary who deconverted after trying to convert a tribe. They were atheists and Christianity sounded ridiculous to them, and he saw they were much more content and happier than we are. That's pretty funny, a primitive tribe of 'savages' is smarter than the great western enlightened, know-it-all Christians.