Goodbye Jesus

What Is The God Of The Bible ?

bitterdregs

I was'nt sure where to post this but considering how it happened, I chose the science section.

This is about what made me 100 % sure that the god of the bible did not exist. Also 100% sure that the god of the bible DOES exist....just not the way everyone thinks. This theory simultaneouly proved and disproved the bible for me. It's going to be long, and most of the information I am not going to post because if I can ever find somene to help me, I'm writing a book. I'm only giving you the barest of bones here so I don't expect it to have the same effect on you that it did me.

At the time my theory was spawned, I was working with a sesmic research company. I was studying geology/volcanism/planetary physics. I was also, purely for pleasure, reading a book on etymology.

One night, my friend and my daughter and I, had the same dream. It was prophetic in nature and for all of us to have the same dream was quite something. It was reminsiscent of the biblical dreams. We began talking about prophecy and decided to do some research into the various famous prophets of the past. Of course, we started with john and the book of revelation. As we read...we became more and more excited. I said to my friend " we need to look at exodus" and he replied " I am already there ".

After we read exodus...and with the other information I have that I am not sharing at the moment... the 3 of us just...I dont know how to describe it. At that moment, any religious programming we had..snapped.. It was just gone and we knew. So many emotions went through us. I think for me one of the strongest was anger that so many wars and attrocities have been committed due to the misinterpretation of the bible...and also shame that I had not seen something this simple so much sooner. Shame that I had added to the delusion throughout my life.

Now before I give you a few examples, I'll tell you that I studied for 7 years with an old Shaman...a real one, not the new age wanna be types. This old native man Whitefeather, taught me that all humans were at one time tribal. All tribal people had a form of shaman. One of the shaman's most sacred duties was to keep the tribe's creation stories alive. He said it's a very difficult task because before the written word there was only oral tradtion. In order for the people to remember their creation stories, the stories could not be boring. If you simply said " this volcano erupted and this mountain was created and this lake formed an island etc... everybody would lose interest. The shaman had to make the stories vital and something the people would want to hear so they personified the stories. The mountains and lakes and rivers often became people. The people were sometimes fictitious or taken from real life and so to keep up with the times, every few generations the shaman would update the story so it kept the people's interest and they would remember it. ( you can see this today with the hawaiians and other tribes. Their creation stories are all personified and situational )Then came the written word.

My theory that I believe with all my mind and heart, is that the ancients were volcano worshippers. Sometime after the written word, the fact that their stories were creation stories and that their god was actually a volcano ( as the tribes had moved to different areas taking their stories...but not the volcano with them ) was forgotten. I think at that point religious leaders who may or may not have known the truth, used the ancients scripts to control the people.

So let's do a simple test. I am going to quote some scriptures. Tell me if any of these scriptures could not also be used to describe a volcano or magma/lava, as well as an invisible deity with a bad temper. Volcanic or no ? ( for those who don't know, volcanoes often produce lightning, anyone who lived through Mt. St. Helen's would know this, look up pyroclastic flows as well ) These are only a FEW.

******************************************************************************************

Exodus 19:9

And the Lord said unto Moses "Low, I come unto thee in a thick cloud..."

Exodus 19:16

and it came to pass on the third day in the morning,

that there were thunders and lightnings,

and a thick cloud upon the mount,

and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud:

so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

Exodus 19:18

and mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke,

because the Lord descended upon it in fire;

and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace,

and the whole mount quaked greatly."

19:22 and let the priests also, which come near to the Lord, sanctify themselves, lest the Lord break forth upon them.

Deuteronomy 4:10

Specially the day that thou stoodest before the Lord thy God, in Horeb (Mt. Sinai) when the Lord said unto me, "Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children. 4:11 And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness. 4:12 And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.

Deuteronomy 9:3

Understand therefore this day, that the Lord thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the Lord hath said unto thee.

Judges 5:4

Lord, when thou wentest out of Se’ir, when thou marchedst out of the field of Edom, the earth trembled, and the heavens dropped, the clouds also dropped water. 5:5 The mountains melted from before the Lord, even that Sinai from before the Lord God of Isreal.

2 Samuel 22:2 & Psalms 18

And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. 22:4 I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. 22:5 When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid; 22:6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me; 22:7 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears. 22:8 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth. 22:9 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and the fire out of his mouth devoured: Coals were kindled by it. 22:10 He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet. 22:11 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind. 22:12 And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies. 22:13 Through the brightness before him were coals of fire kindled. 22:14 The Lord thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice. 22:15 And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them. 22:16 And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the Lord, and the blast of the breath of his nostrils.

So that means Mt. Sinai was a volcano. The magma/lava within Mt. Sinai is the actual GOD. Where did Mt. Sinai go ?

Lord, when thou wentest out of Se’ir, when thou marchedst out of the field of Edom, the earth trembled, and the heavens dropped, the clouds also dropped water. 5:5 The mountains melted from before the Lord, even that Sinai from before the Lord God of Isreal.

The magma/lava GOD, destroyed it's own house/temple...the volcano...which is why nobody can find Sinai today, however the geomorphology of the Sinai penninsula is violently volcanic.

• 1 month later...
Goodbye Jesus

Wow. Very interesting post.

:)

Thanks for sharing!

This is not an uncommon hypothesis. If you look over at the Saudi side of the Red Sea you can see lots of evidence of past flows. As I recall there's nothing really in the peninsula itself.

Here's a pic from the recent Japanese volcano illustrating this phenomena (it's really cool):

article-1351064-0CEF6C15000005DC-720_964x544.jpg

mwc

Interesting thought. I haven't heard that before. Always wondered what God's obsession with smoke and mountains was.

The magma/lava GOD, destroyed it's own house/temple...the volcano...which is why nobody can find Sinai today

How convenient, hey?

I heard something on the radio today about recent scientific research that suggests volcanic eruptions may have spawned amino acids that contributed to the rise of life on earth.

http://www.the-scien.../display/58083/

I thought about your post when I heard it.

Guest loslogos

I was'nt sure where to post this but considering how it happened, I chose the science section.

This is about what made me 100 % sure that the god of the bible did not exist. Also 100% sure that the god of the bible DOES exist....just not the way everyone thinks. This theory simultaneouly proved and disproved the bible for me. It's going to be long, and most of the information I am not going to post because if I can ever find somene to help me, I'm writing a book. I'm only giving you the barest of bones here so I don't expect it to have the same effect on you that it did me.

At the time my theory was spawned, I was working with a sesmic research company. I was studying geology/volcanism/planetary physics. I was also, purely for pleasure, reading a book on etymology.

One night, my friend and my daughter and I, had the same dream. It was prophetic in nature and for all of us to have the same dream was quite something. It was reminsiscent of the biblical dreams. We began talking about prophecy and decided to do some research into the various famous prophets of the past. Of course, we started with john and the book of revelation. As we read...we became more and more excited. I said to my friend " we need to look at exodus" and he replied " I am already there ".

After we read exodus...and with the other information I have that I am not sharing at the moment... the 3 of us just...I dont know how to describe it. At that moment, any religious programming we had..snapped.. It was just gone and we knew. So many emotions went through us. I think for me one of the strongest was anger that so many wars and attrocities have been committed due to the misinterpretation of the bible...and also shame that I had not seen something this simple so much sooner. Shame that I had added to the delusion throughout my life.

Now before I give you a few examples, I'll tell you that I studied for 7 years with an old Shaman...a real one, not the new age wanna be types. This old native man Whitefeather, taught me that all humans were at one time tribal. All tribal people had a form of shaman. One of the shaman's most sacred duties was to keep the tribe's creation stories alive. He said it's a very difficult task because before the written word there was only oral tradtion. In order for the people to remember their creation stories, the stories could not be boring. If you simply said " this volcano erupted and this mountain was created and this lake formed an island etc... everybody would lose interest. The shaman had to make the stories vital and something the people would want to hear so they personified the stories. The mountains and lakes and rivers often became people. The people were sometimes fictitious or taken from real life and so to keep up with the times, every few generations the shaman would update the story so it kept the people's interest and they would remember it. ( you can see this today with the hawaiians and other tribes. Their creation stories are all personified and situational )Then came the written word.

My theory that I believe with all my mind and heart, is that the ancients were volcano worshippers. Sometime after the written word, the fact that their stories were creation stories and that their god was actually a volcano ( as the tribes had moved to different areas taking their stories...but not the volcano with them ) was forgotten. I think at that point religious leaders who may or may not have known the truth, used the ancients scripts to control the people.

So let's do a simple test. I am going to quote some scriptures. Tell me if any of these scriptures could not also be used to describe a volcano or magma/lava, as well as an invisible deity with a bad temper. Volcanic or no ? ( for those who don't know, volcanoes often produce lightning, anyone who lived through Mt. St. Helen's would know this, look up pyroclastic flows as well ) These are only a FEW.

******************************************************************************************

Exodus 19:9

And the Lord said unto Moses "Low, I come unto thee in a thick cloud..."

Exodus 19:16

and it came to pass on the third day in the morning,

that there were thunders and lightnings,

and a thick cloud upon the mount,

and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud:

so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

Exodus 19:18

and mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke,

because the Lord descended upon it in fire;

and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace,

and the whole mount quaked greatly."

19:22 and let the priests also, which come near to the Lord, sanctify themselves, lest the Lord break forth upon them.

Deuteronomy 4:10

Specially the day that thou stoodest before the Lord thy God, in Horeb (Mt. Sinai) when the Lord said unto me, "Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children. 4:11 And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness. 4:12 And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.

Deuteronomy 9:3

Understand therefore this day, that the Lord thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the Lord hath said unto thee.

2 Samuel 22:2 & Psalms 18

And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. 22:4 I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. 22:5 When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid; 22:6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me; 22:7 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears. 22:8 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth. 22:9 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and the fire out of his mouth devoured: Coals were kindled by it. 22:10 He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet. 22:11 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind. 22:12 And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies. 22:13 Through the brightness before him were coals of fire kindled. 22:14 The Lord thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice. 22:15 And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them. 22:16 And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the Lord, and the blast of the breath of his nostrils.

So that means Mt. Sinai was a volcano. The magma/lava within Mt. Sinai is the actual GOD. Where did Mt. Sinai go ?

The magma/lava GOD, destroyed it's own house/temple...the volcano...which is why nobody can find Sinai today, however the geomorphology of the Sinai penninsula is violently volcanic.

You could start your own religion with the interpretations you came up with. Didn't you know that only God can interpret the prophecies?

Guest Babylonian Dream

Intriguing. Kind of reminds me of Baal Zaphon. A form of Baal Hadad, a mountain deity. Amazing picture.