Goodbye Jesus

My Christian Parents Seem Offended Because I Don't Want A Car Right Now

Guest Yakuza

Today is my momma's birthday(Valentine's Day unique isn't it?) and I am going to give her a call. I only have one problem with calling her and that is I know she's going to ask when am I going to get my car back. My car needed a major repair last year and from what I hear, my no good dad has gotten it fixed. She has been asking this same question for months now. It kind of seems like my familyunderlined.png?1 is looking at me like I'm doing something wrong by not wanting my car back right now.

Let me explain why I don't want it right now. Because I will not be able to enjoy life if I do get it back. Since I got laid off from my previous job, I only earn around $900 or a little more a month at my current job and having to pay for car insurance and overpriced gas will hurt my finances. Here's a breakdown of my monthly finances:

Total Incomeunderlined.png?1: $900+

Rent $395

Electric Bill: $50

Phone Bill: $37

Internet and Cable: $35 ( Comcast Special )

Food: $50 or $60

Total Expenses: Around $567

Money Leftover to Myself : Around $400

So u see insurace and gas can boost up my expenses to maybe another $200 a month which will leave me with less money to myself. I can't adjust to living a life with very little money, I'm not mentally capable of it. I like being able to go out and I like being able to buy stuff as I want. I don't wanna be workingunderlined.png?1 just so I can pay bills and make other peopleunderlined.png?1 richer. God put us here to enjoy life, not to become workunderlined.png?1 zombies.

I told my momma that I'll get the car back if I find a second job, but I guess she isn't satisfied with that either. I guess because nobody knows when I'll be able to find a second job. Can't my parents just be happy that I can enjoy life without a car? I'm not hurting anybody by not having a car, so whats the big deal? Maybe it has something to do with them being rich( My dad is a millionaire )and perhaps they feel that I'm disgracing them by not having a car. It only takes me about 10-15 minutes to walk to work, so therfore transportation to work isn't a problem. If I'm not bothered with by not having a car, why should it bother them. And as Christians, shouldn't they abide by how the Bible tells us to not always want so much and how we should value and enjoy what we have. In this case, I don't have a car but I'm not being greedy and upset because I don't have one and I'm enjoying my life. What do u all think? Also how do u feel about carsunderlined.png?1 being a major financial burden to some people in America? Oh and buy the way, my parents don't know that I've found a different way to God, just in case u wanted to know

Do you live with your mom? How old are you?

Ok, what's with the lightbulbs? This guy has got to be a troll.

They seem to happen when you copy/paste posts... particularly from other html formats.

So- why are you spamming? Are we part of some special project?

I luv google. These lightbulbs are starting to make a little more sense.

Yep, all kinds of light bulbs lighting up in my head now. I've been trying to figure out WTH the prostitution posts were about. Good work, man!

SMH. It all makes sense now.

YAKUZA! IN THE NAME OF JEEEEEBUS....RE-CLAIM YOUR CAR!

YOU will getz more womens with a car....they will flock to you.

HEy yakuza, whats your favorite color?

what's your favorite food?

do you have any pets?

what kind of music do you like?

Are you a day person or a night person?

how long is a string? <--------------------it's a riddle.

How long is a string......

Get it, the string's name is "how long"

Did you ever get gum in your hair? HOw did you get it out, how is the weather where you are living is it cold, is spring on the way yet, do you wear five pocket jeans or cargo pants, how much do you weigh?what color is your hair do you have all of your teef?

What do you think about what happened in egypt, do you know where egypt is, do you ever listen to npr or just booty music, or are you a head banger ,or a classic rock guy, are you stuck in the past, if you could have any super power what would you chose? I would want to fly.

Please answer each question thoughtfully....If you are doing a project please note that we do not have time for your shit.

I've also been car-free. It's been over a decade now. Like you I got flak from my family. Not Christian thing, as the atheists gave me trouble for it, too. It's a lifestyle/status thing. I also think not having a car made me less useful to my mother and more burdensome on my Dad, since that is how they both primarily see me--in terms of use and burden, respectively.

Like you, leaving behind the car changed my life. First, financially. Later, feeling connected to my community...the other people who walk/bicycle, the history, public transit, neighbors, etc. I actually read books as I walk because I know the rhythms of my city so well at this point. I run into people strolling and stop for conversations.

I'm also deeply grounded in my values of low impact on the environment, not contributing so much to oil wars in my daily oil consumption, etc.

It's a different world, and I prefer it to the other one.

Phanta

I wonder if Yakuza's parents were agnostic, would they give a shit if he has a car or not?

I wonder if Yakuza's parents were agnostic, would they give a shit if he has a car or not?

eh...........you can't really know.

eh...........you can't really know.

No kidding. My father is a cradle atheist. Hates that I don't have a car.

Its about necessity, if your life revolves around absolutely having to have a car then you should have a car. If you can get by using a bike then use a bike, fuck what anyone else says do what you feel is right. Do you want to be led around by a leash or do you want to run freely?

Too bad his parents aren't Amish - then they wouldn't believe in cars.

Cars = carbon dioxide pollution = ocean acidification, polar ice melt and catastrophic climate change

(you can't say global warming cuz 'murkan conserves will wet their skivvies)

Do the math and make your choices

http://greenupgrader.com/files/2009/03/zoomiside.jpg

'lektrik bike

YAKUZA! IN THE NAME OF JEEEEEBUS....RE-CLAIM YOUR CAR!

YOU will getz more womens with a car....they will flock to you.

HEy yakuza, whats your favorite color?

what's your favorite food?

do you have any pets?

what kind of music do you like?

Are you a day person or a night person?

how long is a string? <--------------------it's a riddle.

How long is a string......

Get it, the string's name is "how long"

Did you ever get gum in your hair? HOw did you get it out, how is the weather where you are living is it cold, is spring on the way yet, do you wear five pocket jeans or cargo pants, how much do you weigh?what color is your hair do you have all of your teef?

What do you think about what happened in egypt, do you know where egypt is, do you ever listen to npr or just booty music, or are you a head banger ,or a classic rock guy, are you stuck in the past, if you could have any super power what would you chose? I would want to fly.

Please answer each question thoughtfully....If you are doing a project please note that we do not have time for your shit.

Dammit, you beat me to the using the car for chicks thing.

You could always sell the car. That might give you enough hooker money to last a while. Or, you can use your car as your house and not have to pay rent. Then you have more hooker money each month.

It also gives him more options should he go the prostitute route. However, I think he should list his monthly budget one more time just so we can be sure he can afford it.

:lmao:

You could always sell the car. That might give you enough hooker money to last a while. Or, you can use your car as your house and not have to pay rent. Then you have more hooker money each month.

It also gives him more options should he go the prostitute route. However, I think he should list his monthly budget one more time just so we can be sure he can afford it.

Hey Foxy,

I'll show you MY budget, if you show me YOURS.....=O !!!

I'll show my budget to everyone.

My wife spends x dollars on y things each month.

I scrounge z dollars for hobby expenditures (guitar bullshit, electronics parts, etc.).

I might be in Calc III, but I haven't been able to solve for x and y in the budget yet.

Hey Foxy,

I'll show you MY budget, if you show me YOURS.....=O !!!

I thought we stopped doing that on this site several years ago . . . . ;)

I wish I could get by without a car, but it would be highly impractical. Or rather, I wish I could keep a car around for long trips, racing, and the times public transit isn't running, but not need it to get to work. Right now, if I had no car, it would take me at least an hour (quite possibly longer) to get to work (one way) as opposed to my 20 minute drive. I could not get to the grocery store without a very dangerous walk down major roads that were not designed for bicycles or pedestrians. I could walk to the library, but would not feel safe biking. Oh, and in the winter, we have ice. They're pretty good about cleaning the major roads, but not the sidewalks. I have friends who live enough outside that city that it's a full half hour (at least) drive to go visit, but there is zero public transit way to get there.

I do wish, though, that I could go from where I live in the city to where I work in the same city without driving. It's a fast commute by car, but insanely slow and possibly dangerous any other way. But the city's not willing to spend tax money on making the busses more practical. Gr.