Goodbye Jesus

Going On A Religious Retreat

seeboh

I consider myself extremely lucky to have a mom like her. However, to knock a few points of her chart she's still making me go to church. I intend to take notes and bring up questions I have of the sermon and readings. Her reason for making me go to church being, "That's what we do here". Not a complete victory. :shrug: At least I don't have to lie. Maybe a letter of defection will change something.

If I remember correctly, you are 17. When I was 16, just about your age, I told my mom that I didn't want to go to church any more. I said that I wasn't getting anything out of it and that I didn't want to go. She said that until I turned 18 that she would continue telling me what to do and that until that time, I would go to church. And I did as she said.

That's a parent's prerogative and it has happened for generation after generation. But your mom still seems much cooler than other parents I have heard about from others on this site who are going through hell with their parents, and some of those folks are adults who support themselves. It can really be tough and it sounds like, thankfully, you aren't going through all of that.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have a mom like her. However, to knock a few points of her chart she's still making me go to church. I intend to take notes and bring up questions I have of the sermon and readings. Her reason for making me go to church being, "That's what we do here". Not a complete victory. :shrug: At least I don't have to lie. Maybe a letter of defection will change something.

If I remember correctly, you are 17. When I was 16, just about your age, I told my mom that I didn't want to go to church any more. I said that I wasn't getting anything out of it and that I didn't want to go. She said that until I turned 18 that she would continue telling me what to do and that until that time, I would go to church. And I did as she said.

That's a parent's prerogative and it has happened for generation after generation. But your mom still seems much cooler than other parents I have heard about from others on this site who are going through hell with their parents, and some of those folks are adults who support themselves. It can really be tough and it sounds like, thankfully, you aren't going through all of that.

Yup, 17. I'm probably going to be going to church until I move out, which would be about 3/4 of a year after I turn 18. I could try when I turn 18, but that would probably most likely result in my mom falling back on herself paying for my college (I'm looking at some pretty expensive ones at the moment).

I am so happy not to have to go through all that. With other relatives that I am close to it may be different. In no way shape or form do I expect to get as bad as some others. I am very thankful for that.

I am so happy not to have to go through all that. With other relatives that I am close to it may be different. In no way shape or form do I expect to get as bad as some others. I am very thankful for that.

I'm glad you see this. It shows that you have learned much in your short 17 years of life. Good for you!! That, too, is a compliment to your parents.