Goodbye Jesus

Why is Praying Necessary?

Dianka

That was actually written with tongue firmly in cheek.

The "struggle" for christians, lies in the fact that masterbation and admiring members of the opposite sex (or same sex for some) are natural things.  Combine that with Jesus' warning that "to look upon a woman with lust" is the same as adultery, and we meet head on with unavoidable internal conflict.  The desire to "please" god versus normal biological urges. 

Just read Romans and you'll see it.  What I want to do, I can't do.  What I don't want to do, I do.  Sometimes I think I don't want to do what I want, but inside I only think that's what I thought I didn't want to do.  Occasionally I don't do what I thought I didn't want to do when I did what I really wanted to do instead.  Oh woe is me.

And that's exactly why xtianity is a sick, twisted cult. It sets you up to fail so that you will feel greatful for the one that saves you from yourself. Why would god set you up against biological urges that he placed in you in the first place?

I agree with Mr Grinch. God is a dick and xtians are stupid if they can't see something so primary to their faith is so obviously just nonsensical. I challenge any xtian to defend himself/herself against my claim that they are stupid for believing that god would actually set themselves against their own biological urges and even hang hell over their heads for failing the test.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MQTA

• Xthebuilder

• Ouroboros

• mwc

Where do we start this debate? I am more than willing to discuss any of the doctrine regarding tounges. I believe we must start in the OT , and go from there..........up to you, but I am game

Ric

Excellent, I’m happy to hear your interest in this. I would suggest starting a new topic under the Colosseum discussion group as it is open to other’s thoughts also, but limits the deviation of topic and level of sarcasm that is otherwise permissible under "The Lion's Den" (which is where we are now). "The Arena" area is a little too formal for my level of energy at this point, and I prefer to keep it slightly less formal, but respectful and on topic. Just go to Forums> Discussions > Colosseum, then click on the New Topic tab.

As ex-Pentecostal, I wish you well…

Antlerman

Excellent, I’m happy to hear your interest in this.  I would suggest starting a new topic under the Colosseum discussion group as it is open to other’s thoughts also, but limits the deviation of topic and level of sarcasm that is otherwise permissible under "The Lion's Den" (which is where we are now).  "The Arena" area is a little too formal for my level of energy at this point, and I prefer to keep it slightly less formal, but respectful and on topic.  Just go to Forums> Discussions > Colosseum, then click on the New Topic tab.

As ex-Pentecostal, I wish you well…

Thanks man

I will get that going today.

Antlerman

That was actually written with tongue firmly in cheek.

The "struggle" for christians, lies in the fact that masterbation and admiring members of the opposite sex (or same sex for some) are natural things.  Combine that with Jesus' warning that "to look upon a woman with lust" is the same as adultery, and we meet head on with unavoidable internal conflict.  The desire to "please" god versus normal biological urges. 

If you ask them for proof of God, they tell you to LOOK AROUND and you'll see. Then how come they forbid 80% of what makes US human?

Why not embrace our sexuality, especially when it comes to satisfying your own basic needs by yourself? If Priests jerked off without guilt, they'd not have to coerce little boys. HOW that's BETTER than jerking off, I don't know. Maybe because if they're gonna do something like that, they may as well go for the one with the most dare. WTF?

And that's exactly why xtianity is a sick, twisted cult.  It sets you up to fail so that you will feel greatful for the one that saves you from yourself.  Why would god set you up against biological urges that he placed in you in the first place?

I agree with Mr Grinch.  God is a dick and xtians are stupid if they can't see something so primary to their faith is so obviously just nonsensical.  I challenge any xtian to defend himself/herself against my claim that they are stupid for believing that god would actually set themselves against their own biological urges and even hang hell over their heads for failing the test. 

It's a fucking pyramid scheme. People get hoodwinked into it and once they're trapped, they gotta sell more to others and then tell them they gotta sell more people into it too.

Christian CULTure, for sure

And so is Yogurt

If you ask them for proof of God, they tell you to LOOK AROUND and you'll see.  Then how come they forbid 80% of what makes US human? 

Why not embrace our sexuality, especially when it comes to satisfying your own basic needs by yourself?  If Priests jerked off without guilt, they'd not have to coerce little boys.  HOW that's BETTER than jerking off, I don't know.  Maybe because if they're gonna do something like that, they may as well go for the one with the most dare.  WTF?

God never has told us to deny our sexuality, I mean He created it.....God knew we needed compainionship, thus Adams companion Eve. You are taking an extreme that is a "religious" thing, thus priests. I do not think we can mix the two.........

God never has told us to deny our sexuality, I mean He created it.....God knew we needed compainionship, thus Adams companion Eve. You are taking an extreme that is a "religious" thing, thus priests. I do not think we can mix the two.........

right, God never has told us. people who penned the bible and preach in Churchs most often do, as well as the followers who have nothing but bumper stickers

people are downright afraid of their own bodies. how can you fear touching yourself? it's retarded. it's YOUR body, nobody can tell you what to do when you're alone except so that you don't hurt yourself or anyone else who don't want to be involved

I know. I used to just tear myself up over sexuality and masturbation. Now, I realize how silly it was to feel such guilt about it. Except for that one time, involving the rubber Yoda mask and the surplus medical equipment.

umm.

I think I've said enough about that.

guys do a lot of strange things, eh? as long as it feels good

Maybe god didn't but the bible does.