Goodbye Jesus

Vanguard: Missionaries Of Hate

newjlo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZOH6b1C3dk&feature=player_embedded

As I have looked into the problems generated in Uganda by Christians, especially the Kill the Gays Bill that was almost passed last years and the extreme levels of violence there against gay people, I came across information on The American Evangelicals Who Want All Gays Put To Death in Uganda. Rachel Maddow has done a great job uncovering a lot of the details about organizations in the US like 'the Family' that are extending their tentacles and the untold dangers posed by religious groups in the US.

One of the things that bothered me the most about the Kill the Gays Bill in Uganda is the fact that under the Bush regime less than a decade ago, MILLIONS of dollars were given to Uganda and other African countries under the pretext of HIV PREVENTION.

But the bill that authorized passing this much wealth to Africa for HIV prevention was underwritten, in part, by Republican Christians, and one in particular included a requirement where he pushed his right wing agenda by making sure that a FULL THIRD of the HIV PREVENTION money was supposed to go to 'ABSTINENCE ONLY PROGRAMS'.

You see where this is going.

Abstinence only programs are, invariably, CHURCH programs. This was a way to fund evangelical churches and Christianization of Africa, particularly with the so called 'family values' message that is so prevalent in the extreme right wing Christian churches in the US. Abstinence only is NOT considered comprehensive sexual education and it almost invariably is taught within the context of religious education. Since Uganda does not have the strict conditions of separation of church and state it would have been very easy to report how they used this money as sexual education while using it for evangelical propaganda.

What REALLY bothers me is that UNDER BUSH, OUR TAX MONEY THAT THE GOVERNMENT TOOK FROM OUR POCKETS WAS USED TO FINANCE HATE AND PUT IN PLACE A PROCESS THAT CONCLUDED IN A BILL TO COMMIT GENOCIDE AGAINST GAYS IN UGANDA.

OUR TAX MONEY WAS USED TO PROMOTE EVANGELICAL PROPAGANDA AND ADVANCE ANTI-HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGNS IN THE ARMPIT OF THE WORLD, as if this was in the interest of American citizens somehow. Here lies the danger of conservative religious people arriving in places of power in this country.

Any thoughts?