Goodbye Jesus

Come To God As A Little Child...

Discern

Matthew 18:3: "And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

I've been thinking about how Jesus wants us to come to God as a little child. And honestly I'm thinking He was right. Here's some thoughts I had as a child growing up in a pentecostal church:

- If God knew man would turn evil, why did he make us?

- If God can do ANYTHING, why did Jesus have to die? Couldn't God think up some other way for people to be saved?

- Why is it that when I pray for God to help me in school, that nothing happens?

- What about all the people in the OT? Since they didn't have Jesus, does that mean they went to hell?

- If Jesus was God, why should anyone be grateful that he suffered and died, since he's all-powerful and can just come back to life again?

- Why did Mary and Joseph get confused when boy Jesus said He had to be about His Father's business? Didn't they know he was the Son of God?

- Why can't I find a clear description of the rapture in the Bible?

- Why did Satan bother trying to tempt Jesus in the desert, since He was the all-knowing, all-powerful Son of God? Surely the attempt would be pointless?

- Why did Jesus rise from the dead....but not really? Is appearing and disappearing in front of a few people the same as: Bodily rising from the dead, showing yourself to your killers to prove you're alive, and then continuing your earthly ministry to the astonishment of the pharisees? Wouldn't that be better proof you rose from the dead?

If only I had come to Jesus as a little child and not wavered! Instead I let my mind get clouded as an adult...

• Super Moderator
If only I had come to Jesus as a little child and not wavered! Instead I let my mind get clouded as an adult...

Sure, there's nobody easier to influence (brainwash/manipulate) than an innocent little child. But you followed the other buybull verse in 1 Corinthians 13:11

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But, when I became a man, I put away the things of a child.

Gotta love that buybull... where a case can be made for just about anything .... WendyDoh.gif GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Youve got all the same questions that we have my dear - Don't stop reading the posts, cause in them, you will find all these answers! Glad you are here with us! :grin:

- What about all the people in the OT? Since they didn't have Jesus, does that mean they went to hell?

That question right there was one I remember specifically asking my parents when I was 7 or 8.

Huh, I guess I'm just a little satan boy.

When I was a child, I asked my pastor why there was a God the Father and God the Son but no God the Mother. He told me Jesus was conceived through The Holy Spirit. So I asked if the Holy Spirit was Jesus' mother and he told me no.

Sure, there's nobody easier to influence (brainwash/manipulate) than an innocent little child. But you followed the other buybull verse in 1 Corinthians 13:11

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But, when I became a man, I put away the things of a child.

Gotta love that buybull... where a case can be made for just about anything .... WendyDoh.gif GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Yeah stupid me...if I had just remained as a child with all my questions, I would've seen through all the garbage years ago!

That is a really god set of questions. Really good. It sounds like I did the same thing you did. I sort of shut off my mind when it came to things Christian when I got older, until the time finally came that I allowed myself to confront myself with the really tough questions like the ones you posted.

Thinking back to when I was about eight, I remember asking my mother when was god going to speak to ME?

Everyone was witnessing in services how god spoke to them and then blah blah blah... mostly read scripture verses. Plus I had a kiddies bible where the depiction of god speaking was either a sunbeam or moonbeam through the clouds, I saw many of those in the clouds at that age but no voices.

That logic held me for a long while and even as a youth I tried different denominations, usually to please the skirt I was chasing mainly or more the parents that they would see my intentions as honorable :grin:

In all that time, I was never moved (apart from the girls) by anything spiritual of course I was open to it.

Then somehow, this logic left me and to this day cannot believe how I was conned. My 8 year old self would have given them the finger.

i have often thought about this subject as i myself was born into christianity. its quite a horror once you have left chrisindom to look back and see how much propoganda and control systems are used on 5 year old kids in the church. its utter brainwash but the system has been going for so long people dont relize there isnt much difrence in what hitler and nazism did and what christianity does.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

I made a video months ago based on my original post, but have only posted it on YouTube now. Feel free to have a watch:

"There is frequently more to be learned from the unexpected questions of a child than the discourses of men, who talk in a road, according to the notions they have borrowed and the prejudices of their education."

- John Locke

I've always enjoyed this quote, and feel that it may be appropriate for this thread.

• Like 2

Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true. Thomas Paine

• Like 1