Goodbye Jesus

WHERE is Heaven?

MQTA

Perhaps heaven is the kingdom where God resides...

Lu 17:21

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MQTA

• Mythra

• mwc

• Amanda

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps heaven is the kingdom where God resides...

Lu 17:21

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Are you more New Age Spirituality than Christian or Pauline?

WHERE is Heaven?  According to the ancient texts, it's in or above the clouds.  We now know what is above the clouds, so was it MOVED somewhere else?

Someone typed the other day that Heaven is OUTSIDE our Universe.  Oh really?  OUTSIDE?  Gee, if the UNIverse is EVERYTHING, what could be outside it?

AND, if it's OUTSIDE the UNIverse, how do we get there?  It's gotta be very very very far away since we can hardly even get to Mars and Venus, much less Pluto and Uranus.

Wow, that was powerful. I don't think there is an apologetic mind on earth able to handle that one...

Are you more New Age Spirituality than Christian or Pauline?

Hello MQTA!

I have no idea what label is appropriate for me! Please be my guest at making a guess, and I will add it to my rather lengthy list. *sigh* It seems I don't fit in any where, but so far... this site is clearly best for me. What does that tell you? :HappyCry:

Hello MQTA!

I have no idea what label is appropriate for me! Please be my guest at making a guess, and I will add it to my rather lengthy list. *sigh* It seems I don't fit in any where, but so far... this site is clearly best for me. What does that tell you?  :HappyCry:

Well, you seem to be on the right track, just got some heavy weights still attached.

Hello MQTA!

I have no idea what label is appropriate for me! Please be my guest at making a guess, and I will add it to my rather lengthy list. *sigh* It seems I don't fit in any where, but so far... this site is clearly best for me. What does that tell you?  :HappyCry:

That eventually you'll stop beliving in superstion just like you stopped beliving Santa put presents under the tree when you sleep on Christmas eve.

Wow, that was powerful.  I don't think there is an apologetic mind on earth able to handle that one...

So have you just given up or what? :scratch:

I enjoy a good troll as much as the next guy but you're not a good troll.

mwc

Hello MQTA!

"Gnostic heretic"? "Agnostic Deist"? "Spiritist"? "Universalist"? Anything except "Christian". Your beliefs are WAY too far outside any "acceptable" Christian™ standard to pass muster.

And believe you me, this is meant as a COMPLIMENT! If I call you a "Christian" (Cretin), from ME, that is a heinous insult. Amanda, you are NOT a "Christian". (Sometimes slightly deluded and confused, maybe, but NOT a "Christian".) :grin:

So have you just given up or what?  :scratch:

I enjoy a good troll as much as the next guy but you're not a good troll.

mwc

I'm not certain, but I believe that was daniel's feeble attempt at sarcasm. One can never tell with trolls.

"Gnostic heretic"?  "Agnostic Deist"?  "Spiritist"?  "Universalist"?  Anything except "Christian".  Your beliefs are WAY too far outside any "acceptable" Christian standard to pass muster.

And believe you me, this is meant as a COMPLIMENT!  If I call you a "Christian" (Cretin), from ME, that is a heinous insult.  Amanda, you are NOT a "Christian".  (Sometimes slightly deluded and confused, maybe, but NOT a "Christian".)  :grin:

Thanks Mr. Grinch! I sincerely appreciate the compliment! :HappyCry:

I'm just glad everyone tolerates me here....

to some degree.

I would much rather be participating on this site,

than the Christian site...

ANY DAY!

People are much kinder and respectful here...

...more intelligent too. :wink:

Thanks Mr. Grinch! I sincerely appreciate the compliment!  :HappyCry:

to some degree.

ANY DAY!

I don't know that we are any more intelligent. Just free of the brainwashing. Remember, most of us were Christians once with the same intelligence we have now. Just new perspectives. Maybe we have more WISDOM though. :woohoo:

I don't know that we are any more intelligent.  Just free of the brainwashing.  Remember, most of us were Christians once with the same intelligence we have now.  Just new perspectives.  Maybe we have more WISDOM though.  :woohoo:

Or maybe less wisdom. I suppose only time, and consequently God, will tell.

Thanks Mr. Grinch! I sincerely appreciate the compliment!  :HappyCry:

to some degree.

ANY DAY!

I'm glad you are easily agreeing with him when he explains to you that you're not a Christian. It saves the Christians that are concerned for you, the time of compiling evidence and explaination for you.

Or maybe less wisdom.  I suppose only time, and consequently God, will tell.

Yep, we might all be fucked if the Egyptian pantheon is the right one to follow.

AND, if it's OUTSIDE the UNIverse, how do we get there? It's gotta be very very very far away since we can hardly even get to Mars and Venus, much less Pluto and Uranus.

actually Uranus isnt that far away :lmao::)

actually Uranus isnt that far away :lmao::)
You're right! Just count back three posts from this one, and you're there. :mellow:

Maybe heaven is really one of those black holes in outer space.

Well.  It COULD be.

The way it sucks you in just like a black hole.

No wait.

Nothing can escape a black hole.

Scratch that theory.

You might be interested in a series of books by Bernard Weber called Les Thanatonautes, L'Empire des Anges and Nous les Dieux. It's in french unfortunately but there might be a translation available. IIRC the story puts heaven in the core black hole of our galaxy where the soul from all over the galaxy are collected for evaluation of one's life accomplishment and reincarnation. On Earth they discovered the 'frequency of the soul' and mastered the ability to travel to heaven and come back without dying. I found it to be a pretty interesting read. You can recognize a few concepts from the major religions ie. The nine gates, heaven, reincarnation, etc all in one story. I read it when I was christian and it got me to think, although I didn't let my parents see I had borrowed it. :D Anyways, if you can find an english translation it's a must read. Most of his books are too. Have you heard of the Les Fourmis series (The Ants) or Les peres de nos peres (Our fathers' fathers)? Anyways, check it out if you're interested. :)

DH

I'm glad you are easily agreeing with him when he explains to you that you're not a Christian.  It saves the Christians that are concerned for you, the time of compiling evidence and explaination for you.

Thanks for proving Amanda's point. Now we don't have to show her what a*holes some xians (well, the concerned ones like you at least) really are.

Personally, as crazy as her beliefs are, I think she's about the best xian to visit this site (although I have to agree with everyone else and say she's not a xian...WHICH IS GOOD! She's some new-ager type that believes in Jesus, and maybe a more correct version than yourself based on things like the kingdom lies within wach of us and all, but she's not xian).

mwc

I'm not certain, but I believe that was daniel's feeble attempt at sarcasm.  One can never tell with trolls.

Well, you know what they say "If you can't beat'em...act like an ass" (or something like that. ;) ).

mwc

I don't know that we are any more intelligent.  Just free of the brainwashing.  Remember, most of us were Christians once with the same intelligence we have now.  Just new perspectives.  Maybe we have more WISDOM though.  :woohoo:

Hi Vixentrox... yes, maybe more open minded to consider other perspectives, and more wisdom because of that. I stand corrected. Thanks.

I gotta think the intelligent ones are the people who could see through christianity without ever falling for it to begin with.

The rest of us chumps had to dive in to the pool head first without noticing ahead of time that the water had a pale yellow tint to it.

I gotta think the intelligent ones are the people who could see through christianity without ever falling for it to begin with.

Keep in mind that many of us were forcefed religion from birth and didn't have a choice in what to believe.

Keep in mind that many of us were forcefed religion from birth and didn't have a choice in what to believe.

Well, that's true. And, I don't know how you guys escaped at all. I was the product of evangelism. People doin the fine work of the Lawd convinced me. Gullible maroon that I am. The kind of guy who gets sucked into selling Amway, and buys $1,000 vacuum cleaners.

:fun:

Well, that's true.  And, I don't know how you guys escaped at all.  I was the product of evangelism.  People doin the fine work of the Lawd convinced me.  Gullible maroon that I am.  The kind of guy who gets sucked into selling Amway, and buys $1,000 vacuum cleaners.

:fun:

Oh, another Amway victim! Me too... *sigh*

Well, that's true. And, I don't know how you guys escaped at all.

Step 1, stopping the brainwashing for a while so you have time to think.

Step 2 (Can come before Step 1 or at the same time), meeting people who make you think.

Step 3, questioning some of the more negative aspects of religion (hell, unanswered prayers, etc.)

Step 4, questioning even the positive aspects of religion (heaven, etc)

Step 5, doing a lot of reading, talking to a lot of people, doing a lot of thinking, and determining that it's all a sham.