Goodbye Jesus

Bone On Bone

noob

Doctors love to say that…. bone on bone. Trust me, it sounds bad but it feels worse! Some of you may remember that I had to have a total right hip replacement in March of 2009 and now it’s time to replace the left hip. I know that makes me sound really old and I will admit I’m old… but not THAT old! Apparently my pelvis didn’t develop correctly and it made me susceptible to early onset arthritis. So, in approximately one week, I’ll be off to the hospital and rehab for about three weeks. The last time the nursing home I stayed in did not have a good internet connection so I was out of touch most the time. Hopefully this time I will have access to a computer and an internet connection so I can entertain myself on Ex-C while I recover. I don’t post as much as I used to but I never fail to stop by and read for a while a few times a day.

Things are very different this time around. My last surgery came shortly after I deconverted and stopped attending church. I was petrified that the church ladies would take the opportunity to torture me while I was a captive audience. There were several visits including a couple from the preacher but it wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated. I have been away from church for a couple of years now so I don’t have any concerns about that at all.

I’m dreading the post surgery pain but I am looking forward to spending a lot of time with my best friend, florduh who happens to live a few blocks from the nursing home where I stay for rehabilitation. I am also looking forward to some down time. My life has been pretty hectic and stressful and I think I’ll enjoy having someone take care of me for a little while. Plus, I’m looking forward to reading “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest”.

I am pretty traumatized by having to leave my dear dog Daisy with my sister while I recover. Daisy is a lab/retriever mix and she turned 13 years old last October. I know my time with her is limited and I really wish I didn't have to leave her right now.

The last time around, I actually thought that my husband would be there for me. He had not been there for me at any other time since I had married him but for some reason I deluded myself into thinking things would be different after my surgery. Wow! He let me down in a big way which was heartbreaking at the time but it turned out to be a good thing because it killed any hope that I had that we had a future a together. It opened my eyes and helped me break away from an abusive relationship that was going nowhere.

At the same time that my husband failed me, my friends showed me what love and friendship is all about. They were totally there for me and actually made my recovery a lot of fun! I am incredibly lucky to have such wonderful, caring friends. Don’t get me wrong. They won’t hesitate to take pictures of me in my granny robe and slippers walking with a walker and post them on Facebook! I mean seriously, who would miss an opportunity like that?

It seems that I am feeling a mix of dread and anticipation. I guess more than anything I’m hoping this surgery and recovery goes well and I’m looking forward to walking pain free in the near future!

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Hope that goes well for you. I'm glad you have a friend like florduh. I have a couple ex-christian best friends and they make my whole life brighter. Enjoy your book too - that series was fantastic! I won't pray for you ;) but you'll be in my thoughts, lady!

Best wishes! Hopefully it all goes well.

Florduh would be a very cool person to have as a friend, and so would you.

Here's to a smooth procedure and a speedy recovery.

The last time the nursing home I stayed in did not have a good internet connection so I was out of touch most the time. Hopefully this time I will have access to a computer and an internet connection so I can entertain myself on Ex-C while I recover.

Even if you don't have an Internet connection at the rehab place, if you happen to have a laptop or netbook, then you should have some potential options for temporary Internet connectivity at a somewhat modest cost (it's all relative, especially if you have medical bills). I know that it is possible to rent one, too, but I have no idea how much that costs (I think that with some judicious shopping it would cost about $250 plus Internet service to buy something to get you on the mobile web).

• Super Moderator

Hope all goes smoothly and you're up and about and dancing in a conga line again real soon!

I wish I could come visit you in sunny FL, but I can't risk running into Chris. :P

I hope you have a quick and painless recovery.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Thanks everyone for wishing me well! (And thanks a whole bunch for skipping the prayers!)

I'm glad you have a friend like florduh.
Florduh would be a very cool person to have as a friend...

You’re not kidding! We have more fun together than two adults should be allowed to have! He is seriously not right. Vigile, I totally understand your concern! :HaHa:

Even if you don't have an Internet connection at the rehab place, if you happen to have a laptop or netbook, then you should have some potential options for temporary Internet connectivity at a somewhat modest cost (it's all relative, especially if you have medical bills). I know that it is possible to rent one, too, but I have no idea how much that costs (I think that with some judicious shopping it would cost about $250 plus Internet service to buy something to get you on the mobile web.

I have a call in to the nursing home to see if they’ve improved their technology set up. If not, I’ll have to look into a few options. The last time I was in there they had a computer but I was only able to get connected to the internet once or twice. When I was able to be out and about a little bit florduh and his wife picked me up for breakfast one Sunday morning then took me back to their house so I could catch up on my e-mails and Ex-C! Even without the internet, there is still “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest”. And of course the whole purpose of the stay is physical therapy. I'm pretty sure I won't be bored.

Noob, I wish you all the best. Hope you have a swift recovery and can move around better than ever!

Can't resist - Om Mani Padme Hum.

Noob, I was just thinking you have the perfect book for your situation - a lot of "Hornet's Nest" takes place in a hospital and part of the plot has to do with finding Internet connectivity there.

We'll be pulling for ya, noob.

(((((Noob)))))

Noob - Looks like you have a whole new beginning! Best of love and luck to you for a speedy recovery

• Super Moderator

I'll see if I can get a photo of the incision to post. This is gonna be fun!

(Par, what are you pulling?)

Will be thinking of you Noob. You were the first person in here to show me kindness :HaHa: I shall never forget it! Hope it all goes well.

When I think bone on bone, I think of metal grinding against metal, so I am already feeling your pain. Cheers to a competent doctor and staff!

You guys are too funny! I’m not much a dancer but with enough beer I guess the conga line is a possibility!

Kathlene, I’ll never forget how much trouble you had with the quote function. I’d say you have become a bit of an expert, eh?

Thanks again for all of the warm wishes. Perhaps you can take a picture when they remove the stitches, florduh. That will make a nice post. (You are so sick!!!) Par, please don't tell him anything about pulling... okay?

OpheliaGinger, believe me when I tell you I have used that phrase quite a few times over the past couple of months. Every time someone wants me to do something that I don’t particularly want to do… all it takes is a bone on bone comment and I’m off the hook! :grin:

Can't resist - Om Mani Padme Hum.

Thanks, Deva! (This sounds like what I'm planning to have for dinner on Wednesday night! :) )

Good luck, dear. But be careful around tha florduh dude. LOL

You forgot to mention the pain mess.

Good luck, dear. But be careful around tha florduh dude. LOL

You forgot to mention the pain mess.

Oh yeah... the pain meds!!! :woohoo:

Keep your head up, Bones! Just a little while longer with the :Old: , and you will be good as new. Thinking of you!

Bones! I like it. :) Thanks for the warm thoughts.

Take care. I'm sure those pain meds will come in handy around old big ears. ;)

mwc

Take care. I'm sure those pain meds will come in handy around old big ears. ;)

mwc

Wait a minute... I thought you were the one with the big.... ears. :wicked: