Goodbye Jesus

Bone On Bone

noob

• Super Moderator

O LORD, guide the hand of the surgeon and keep our Sister Noob safe from harm. We pray that our sister touches the lives of those she encounters in the hospital and rehab. Especially Becky, the activities director, for she is rather hot. I wonder if there is a dance pole in rehab. I digress.

In the blessed name of the Pasta we pray, Ramen.

Especially Becky, the activities director, for she is rather hot. I wonder if there is a dance pole in rehab. I digress.

Didn't I tell you??? The latest physical therapy for hip replacement patients is pole dancing! Becky teaches the class!!! And then we all take a shower...

Thanks for the great prayer. I know FSM will be looking out for me.

• Super Moderator

I look forward to lunch in the hospital cafeteria and later, pole dancing with Becky in rehab. This will be fun! (well, for me, but of course I'm not right...)

• Super Moderator

It is finished.

No more bone on bone. Surgery was successful with no complications. Friday should entail a move from the hospital to the rehab facility (where Becky works :wicked: )

Thanks for all your prayers (well, you know what I mean!)

Hey, thanks for the update! I was just wondering today how she's doing.

Btw do we need to re-title this thread now - Boner on Becky, or something?

Thanks for the update Florduh. I continue to keep Noob in my thoughts. Please convey my good wishes to her.

• Super Moderator

Deva, she said thanks!

Last night she called and her voice was back to normal. She wants her makeup!

Women...

Well give it back and buy your own.

mwc

• Like 1

Well give it back and buy your own.

mwc

:lmao:

Good thoughts and mind waves being generated in the empty Easy Answer Jar... Damn thing has to be used for *something*, may as well be something good for a friend!

We'll certainly see you on other side of surgery..

kevinL

Thanks again, everyone! My BFF, florduh is keeping me company while I wait for the wheelchair transport. He gave me my makeup back! He doesn't look good in red lipstick. I think he's more of a pink guy! :)

So far, so good... hopefully Becky will have me pole dancing in no time! She says they have computer access now so hopefully I can spend part of my rehab time playing on Ex-C. I feel better already just checking in for a moment.

I'll be back...

• Super Moderator

Great to hear from you today, noob.! May your recovery be speedy and your rehab not too painful!

• Super Moderator

Hi Noob,

When you first posted about your upcoming surgery, this song popped into my mind.

I rounded first never thought of the worst

As I studied the shortstops position

Crack went my leg like the shell of an egg

Someone call a decent physician

Im no pete rose, I can't pretend

Though my mind is quite flexible, these brittle bones don't bend

Chorus:

Im growing older but not up<br style

My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck

Let those winds of time blow over my head

Id rather die while Im living than live while Im dead

Sometimes I see me as old manatee

Headin south as the waters grow colder

Tries to steer clear of the hum-drum so near

It cuts prop scars deep in his shoulder

But that's how it goes (that's how it goes), right to the end

Though his bodys quite flexible, that barnacle brain don't bend

Chorus

Now don't get me wrong

This is not a sad song

Just events that I have happened to witness

And time takes it's toll as we head for the poll

And no one dies from physical fitness

So what the hell, we'll take it right to the end

As the days grow more complicated the nightlife still wins

Chorus

http://www.lyricsfre...+buffett/#share

May your metabolic rate be pleasantly stuck and your return to nightlife be swift and uncomplicated!

---------edited to fix screwed up formatting of the lyrics---------

Hey Noob!

I know you can't check in, but I'm thinking abut you! I hope you are recovering well!

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to report that I am home and on the road to recovery. The surgery was extremely successful thanks to a very skilled surgeon and great follow up care. I still have a small amount of incision pain, but there is no more bone on bone pain as there is no more bone on bone! I now have two titanium hips that will hopefully last me a long, long time.

Once again I was amazed by my wonderful friends and the love and support they provided. :wub: As before, florduh went above and beyond the call of duty taking me to the hospital, waiting until I was out of recovery, taking my panicked phone calls when I thought I had been hurt by an inept CNA, hauling my stuff around, visiting me every day, running errands, hauling me around for several outings and my follow-up doctor appointment and finally spending almost all day Friday getting me home from the nursing home which entailed more stops than I like to remember. Well, I don’t want to forget the stop for lunch at El Cap. That was simply divine!!! Thank you florduh! Yes, I know I owe you!!! Of course, florduh was not the only friend that was there for me, he was just The BFF! He also took great photos and sent them to me to document my 2011 Hip Adventure. Is there anyone who really wants to see my incision???

Thanks to everyone here for the support and good wishes. I loved the Bones video, francotiradora, and buffettphan that was a song I had not heard before… how appropriate! Knowing that I would be able to access Ex-C when I got home made me a tad impatient the last few days before my release. I missed all of you a lot! Of course, seeing Daisy again was my primary motivation to get home. She has not been too perky and I am concerned. I’ll give her a couple of days to acclimate and then I might need to take her to the vet.

It is great to be home but I will admit, I miss the wheelchair, the hospital bed, and the three meals delivered to my room every day. I’m also going to miss seeing my friends every day and honestly, taking care of myself and walking with a walker are very exhausting. I’ll graduate to a cane in three weeks and then after six weeks of that I will be able to walk without an aid. I’m heading back to work tomorrow and as much as I am looking forward to it, I’m pretty sure I am going to be pining for a nap about 2:00 tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again, everyone! It is wonderful to be back!!!

• Super Moderator

Noob ready for surgery. Notice the doctor's instruction manual open to the proper page.

Noob ready for surgery. Notice the doctor's instruction manual open to the proper page.

:lmao:

Looks like a couple of knee surgeries are going to be required!

Aw, noob, I missed this thread entirely until tonight. So sorry you had to go through this a second time, but luckily you only have two hips. (that is true, isn't it?)

Have a good time recuperating with your pup and with that rapscallion, florduh.

• Super Moderator

Rapscallion??????

Wow. You're old enough to know that word and I'm old enough to know what it means! Scary...

(No, youngsters. It's not a rhyming onion.)

Rapscallion??????

Wow. You're old enough to know that word and I'm old enough to know what it means! Scary...

Isn't that a song by Primus? Glad everything went well for ya noob.Remember don't cross your legs lol my Paramedic is showing isn't it ooops :)

Rapscallion??????

Oh. Did I type rapscallion? I meant scalawag. (No, youngsters, it's not an opera wit.)

Aw, noob, I missed this thread entirely until tonight. So sorry you had to go through this a second time, but luckily you only have two hips. (that is true, isn't it?)

Have a good time recuperating with your pup and with that rapscallion, florduh.

Thanks, pitchu! Yes, thankfully I only have two hips and now they are both fairly new. I second the rapscallion's sentiment - it is great to see you again!

Isn't that a song by Primus? Glad everything went well for ya noob.Remember don't cross your legs lol my Paramedic is showing isn't it ooops :)

Not to worry, HappyChef! There will be no pivoting, leg crossing, or bending for quite a while!