Goodbye Jesus

So This Its What's "wrong" With Us

stryper

http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=79636

INSIGHTFUL QUOTE PROVIDING AN ALTERNATIVE VIEWPOINT

“Further, neurological research indicates that a particular part of the brain is connected to religious experiences. Perhaps atheists are the product of a genetic deficiency or disorder – and if so, one can only wonder what else is wrong with them. After all, most atheists seem to suffer from delusions of grandeur, convinced that they hold the keys to humanity’s march toward utopia. They are also quite happy to embrace programs to “improve” humanity to suit their own purposes – hardly a coincidence, one would have to suggest, that the most repressive regimes of recent days have all been formulated along atheistic, humanist principles. One can only hope that the possible link between atheism and mental illness is examined honestly before countless others suffer needlessly.”

Wallo's World, Militant Atheism Exposed 47 Comments [2/23/2011 5:48:37 AM]

Fundie Index: 33

Submitted By: WickedWitch

The comments are, as usual, hilarious.

So curious to hear this out of the mouth of someone who, would he give his delusions any other name but "Jesus", would quickly find himself in a closed ward. And rightfully so.

Fucking retard. People like that secretly abuse their wives and children. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a pedophile.

Replace the word "atheist" with "Christian" and you'd have it about right.

• Super Moderator

Particularly funny considering the source. ilovemybrain got it right.

I don't think they're mentally ill, they're just assholes being entirely too comfortable in their evil god land.

Pretty easy to refute this, they simply have to pray away the demon(s) described.

It would be hilarious to make this cunt into an asshat in front of his congregation and where say 20-30 atheists volunteer to be "delivered".:wicked:

I went to see that Militant Atheism Exposed website. It's pretty hilarious, though I guess the guy who runs that websites means it seriously. :HaHa:

As they say, history is written by the victors.

Now, if I were writing this article about there being a neurological explanation about religious experience, then what I might say is that rather than atheists having a neurological deficit, they have evolved past the need for religion as a crutch as was needed by our ancient relatives who needed an explanation for the then-unexplainable.

• Like 2

I went to see that Militant Atheism Exposed website. It's pretty hilarious, though I guess the guy who runs that websites means it seriously. :HaHa:

well its part of the facism that is the Christian Right in america. Accuse the "enemy" of doing everything you are doing. Thus keeping the fear alive and battle constant. All totalitatian movements have done this.

This also doubles as destruction of rational thinking too.

As they say, history is written by the victors.

Now, if I were writing this article about there being a neurological explanation about religious experience, then what I might say is that rather than atheists having a neurological deficit, they have evolved past the need for religion as a crutch as was needed by our ancient relatives who needed an explanation for the then-unexplainable.

So True. The Religious area of the brain is in the temporal lobe region. This is known, proven, and can be manipulated. It is also shown that when we change our core beliefs, we change our brain function.

Personally, I think that it is more of a social evolution (via scientific discovery and struggles for equality) than a physical evolution . Many of us who are atheists can still feel a sense of wonder, conductivity, unexplained fear, etc...all of that used to be attributed to spiritual things. Now...they're just part of how we experience the world.