Goodbye Jesus

How Is It Different?

Xerces

I was chatting with a friend of mine that had just linked me a video showing a guinea pig being killed by a pet snake. I casually agreed with my friend "yeah what a douche-bag for posting that". But, I got to thinking and I started to wonder, how is that any different from any-other type of death? We're in a world consumed with daily death, lives of people and breathing creatures alike both with blood pumping through our veins blinking out of existence. I fail to see how posting a video of a snake killing a guinea is wrong, while we watch action films depicting human beings being murdered for entertainment, we shoot creatures for sport, a good many people seem to love war, yadda yadda smacky smack of course everyone knows(I hope they know) of the gnawing contradiction here. Yes, we value the lives the animals we have chosen to be pets, companions-but when we see one harmed we suddenly cry foul as if its some sin that human beings should not commit, if it was a kitten having its little life constricted out of it in the video how is that any different from a rat being killed by a snake and put on video? And I suppose national geographic should be rated R?

If this was in a cage, then it would fall under the category of untasteful. Was this in the wild where the guinea pig had a chance of escape then it would be nature.

I depise all suffereing of any kind.

If this was in a cage, then it would fall under the category of untasteful. Was this in the wild where the guinea pig had a chance of escape then it would be nature.

Wasn't a cage, and he sorta pushed it closer to the snake. What makes it (not tasteful?) though? Animals have to be killed somehow for food.

• Super Moderator

Life depends entirely upon death. How and which things are to die seems to be decided culturally.