Goodbye Jesus

Saved By Faith Or Works?

Thumbelina

Mr. Snark, you inspired this thread.

Regarding what I highlighted, it is impossible to truly do good without God. You are right though, a person should be selfless, just like God.

God things happen to both good and bad people, it's called living on a cursed planet.

Here we go again...

Really, do you think before you post this nonsense? I really don't know why you keep doing this.

I guess you get a kick out of riling us godless heathens up. Nice.

Yes, riling or stirring up the atheists: "Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting [you] in remembrance;" 2 Peter 1:13 It's called homiletics. I know you were referring to my comments in another thread. Did it rile you up?

I'm sorry, Here'n There had asked some questions over in the Colosseum and I wanted to address at least this topic so I started this thread.

About my comments, I was referring to everyone, including Christians. Heathens can do good deeds, the Holy Spirit strives with all of us.

Stir us up? No, just reminds us why we left in the first place. You lot name yourselves by the name of christ but you wouldn't understand his principles if they crawled up your ass and laid eggs. What kind of people use the bible they appear to hold so dear as an excuse to be an annoying bitch? Oh thats right, your kind.

I'm sorry, Here'n There had asked some questions over in the Colosseum and I wanted to address at least this topic so I started this thread.

About my comments, I was referring to everyone, including Christians. Heathens can do good deeds, the Holy Spirit strives with all of us.

You are just preaching and Bible quoting - the kind of drivel that makes me know that you do NOT belong in the Colosseum, this section, or anywhere else on this site but the Lion's Den- the other places are reserved for "serious discussion." You are plainly incapable of it.

How can I know that the bible is reliable? Why should I care about this book?

Your entire argument is worthless, because it does not help people to know if they are "true" christians. How do you know, that the "good works" are based upon the holy whatsoever and not upon peergroup pressure or the fact that you "really want to try it"? It is a cruel way to prove ones salvation, because you will never know if someone is saved or not.

If you’re truly saved you will show a definite change in behavior. The fruit of the Spirit will be made manifest in you. You are also able to discern that still small voice more and more. You will be eager to know about God and spend time with Him. There should be a perpetual meeting with God and the bible promises that "and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

You are not answering my questions. "

How do you know, that the "good works" are based upon the holy whatsoever and not upon peergroup pressure or the fact that you "really want to try it"?

Or what happens if the "good works" become less with the years? Have you never been a "TRUE" christian then?

Caveat: I am answering this question because I was asked.

There's no cut and dried answer to that because it is between the individual and God. We know that God justifies us when we accept Him into our lives but it does not stop there, we need to continue spending time with Him in prayer and devotions and that opens up communication between the believer and God. There's nothing wrong with doing good deeds but if the believer thinks that their heart is deceiving them then God may make a way to let them know or the believer should pray this prayer:

Psalm 26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

God will answer it in His time. The key is not to give up for God had said "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."; so, it's the believers choice to leave God.

Dear Thumbelina,

"A vague feeling will let you know if you are a christian or not."

Those feelings are often there, because of hormones and stuff we've eaten or because we have a good or a bad week. You call it the "voice of god", I call it vague emotions. You can enjoy them, but you can not build an entire life upon them. How do you know that you do not end up as a weird psycho who can "hear gods voice" and kills ten people because god told him to? What is the difference between you (who hears gods voice) and the westboro baptist church? They too hear gods voice and I bet they pray as often as you do. If it is just an emotional thing, you will never trust your salvation, because you can never 100% trust your motives.

As others mentioned: You are not able to communicate with people. I imply that you are not interested in people. You are concerned about lost souls which is something completely different. It's not love, although it might feel like love. The people around you became a part of your delusional inner system. They are puppets on your inner stage where you play your christian stage play. You do not care about them, you need them to feel like a good christian. Without lost souls no chance for your dream-job "missionary".

It is not very often that I meet people with such a lack of empathy and respect. This entire "sweetie pie" and "lol" language is just insulting. You are treating adults with decades of live experience like little kids, because you are just not listening. If the entire bible would be right, I would not become a christian again, because of people like you. You might be a "great christian", but a tiny character.

P.s. My english is messed up, because I did not use it for month.

• Like 1

This "faith or works" dichotomy is a false dichotomy, and it doesn't actually matter what the Bible has to say on the matter.

I assert that "salvation" itself is a myth.