Goodbye Jesus

Rep. Bobby Franklin (ga) Wants To Criminalize Miscarriage

pandora

This enraged me so much I just had to post it here.

His 10-page bill would make any “prenatal murder” a felony punishable by death or life in prison—and that includes miscarriages, in the event the woman cannot prove that there was "no human involvement whatsoever in the causation" of her miscarriage, Phillips reports in Mother Jones.

The bill, which thankfully won't ever get passed (well, at least I assume!), forces hospitals to report all miscarriages to the authorities so that an investigation can be made into the cause of the miscarriage. :twitch:

Interesting burden of proof required in that bill!

The woman has to prove there was no human involvement whatsoever in the causation.

Since this is in Georgia, these folks should know that miscarriage is God's way to get rid of unwanted babies and to punish adulterous women.

Perhaps this politician should consult Num 5:11-31 (trial by ordeal) and also initiate a bill to make trial by ordeal for female adultery the law of the land as well.

Just another reason to fucking hate Georgia. It's a pit of ignorance and shit.

Hmmm.

What if the "human involvement" consists of a father who passed on serious genetic defects to the fetus which then caused the miscarriage? Will she then still get blamed for it? :scratch:

Never mind, I know the answer already :vent:

Where in the USA constitution does the definition of life exist? I googled but found nothing and I do believe that in the late 1700's that life started at birth. Not sure they had the scientific wherewithall at that time to know the details other than fucking made babies.

More specifically when does life begin? Conception?

Would women have to now register the fact that they are pregnant? Seeing some may skip a cycle, is not indicative of a pregnancy or that in 6 weeks, the body may self abort for a reason leading to resuming of cycles then how to they even determine the details.

Would women also have to fill in a journal to record the times they were fucked?

I'm with George Carlin when he says life does not begin at birth; it began billions of years ago and is just on a continuum (the two gametes live and die before they fuse to become a zygote).

Wow. Stay classy, Georgia.

• Like 1

Dear Rep. Franklin: I submit my used tampon as evidence.

Dear Rep. Franklin,

I applaud your efforts to support the rights of zygote citizens of Georgia by criminalizing miscarriages and investigating every instance of fetal death as a potential crime. The Georgia State Assembly knows that life begins at the moment of conception, and a fertilized egg death is a human death — a death that we should all grieve, and of course investigate to the fullest extent until we find the responsible party and bring them to justice (the death penalty, which your bill prescribes as the punishment for killing a pre-born Georgia citizen, is definitely appropriate here). I couldn’t agree more, and I would like to help.

As I’m sure you know, more than 50% of fertilized eggs –Georgia citizens! — naturally don’t implant, and are flushed out of the body during menstruation. I am personally concerned that my own murdering woman-body may have flushed out some human beings, and I may have flushed them down the toilet without knowing that I was disposing of Georgia citizens in such an undignified way. This must be remedied. I would like to be sure that I am not killing any more Georgia citizens — and that if I am, they are able to receive a proper funeral and not a burial at sea, and that our state police can dedicate valuable time and resources to investigating their deaths.

To that end, I attach a picture of my latest used tampon. I am preserving this tampon, as well as all of my other tampons, pads, feminine hygiene products and soiled panties from my current menstrual cycle, so that the Georgia State Police can come collect them as evidence. I would also be happy to drop the specimens off at your office, should you want to examine them yourself.

Please let me know if I can make an appointment to give you these items. Or, since I appreciate that you are a very busy man, please let me know when the police will be by my home to collect them, as my next cycle is rapidly approaching and they are starting to smell. I cannot keep them in my refrigerator for much longer.

Thanks for all the work you do to further the pro-life cause.

Sincerely,

Jill Filipovic

http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2011/02/25/dear-rep-franklin-i-submit-my-used-tampon-as-evidence/

• Like 1

ROFL

• Super Moderator

Makes me proud (almost) to be in the relatively progressive state of Florduh. Thanks, GA!

I'm with George Carlin when he says life does not begin at birth; it began billions of years ago and is just on a continuum (the two gametes live and die before they fuse to become a zygote).

That is correct as we know it today. I seriously doubt in the late 1700's folk were aware of this and life back then began at birth not conception. Just like in the bronze age the woman's cycle was seen as unclean and is described as a fountain. The male contribution was always visible in quantity alone back then.

Dear Rep. Franklin: I submit my used tampon as evidence...

:lmao:

It would be hilarious if all women of childbearing age shipped their used feminine hygiene products anonymously to Franklin's office.

Repeatedly.

Until he smartens the f%ck up.

• Like 1

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion?

Assumed guilty, until proven innocent?

Is Bobby a doctor?

????????????????????????

Makes me proud (almost) to be in the relatively progressive state of Florduh. Thanks, GA!

Yeah. They're the ugly, obnoxious friend who makes our state look attractive by default. Thanks for being our wingman, Georgia!