Goodbye Jesus

Post-traumatic Posting Syndrome

Yrth

I have often wondered how folk are able to discern emotions from simple text. The xian forums have many such folk who will tell you in no uncertain terms you have emotional issues.

If you move up to voice communication like Skype, it is a hugely different scenario. Even in group voice discussions, all this accusation of emotion etc. is removed as you actually hear what the other person is saying and any emotion if any.

I try and avoid religious or political debates in RL. With forums one can at least back up with other sources of information for consideration. The weirdest thing is when you come across folk with high post counts using this seniority on newbies as if volume of posts count for anything substantial.

It's easy. I'll demonstrate with a phrase you're familiar with.

angry: Go fuck yourself.

rage: GO FUCK YOURSELF!

focused rage: go fuck yourself.

pique: Oh, go fuck yourself...

I think that people argue and are being rude because we all have a need "to be right". And when this need is not met, we feel pain on a subconscious level. And when people feel pain, they usually fight back emotionally.

I think that people have a mistaken idea that there is such a thing as "normal". And they mistakenly think that everybody should be weighed against that standard. Unfortunately, "normal" is determined by majority. And even among that majority there are all kinds of differences. But all are different in their own way. The more I see what's going on in people's minds/programming, the more it shows how confused people are (including me of course) and we all live on "separate planets" of our own logic and our own sense of right and wrong and our own sense of what's considered rational and what's not. Considering that, I am surprised that we are able to get along at all.

It requires so much self control (and awareness) to act nice even though the need of being right is not met. So whoever can do that (control themselves), they should be really proud of themselves. Because most people are unable to do that yet. We are still evolving. And I guess we are not there yet...

If you observe human race closely, you will see that we all still act like children. We teach our children to share. We know that kids need to grow up before they can really start doing that. So "not sharing" is considered a childish behavior. But look how many adults still don't share. We teach our children that forgiving their friends is necessary. But look how many adults have not forgiven their friends. We teach our children that stealing and cheating is wrong. But look how many adults still cheat and steal. We teach our children that saying: "mine is better than yours" is wrong. But look how many adults still do that.

Can you expect children to act in a proper manner? Hardly. But there are exceptions. And they are like a breath of fresh water. It's so nice to come across those exceptions and enjoy talking with them.

Bloody yanks. Always have to be right :woohoo:

People who differ wit' my opines have the god given right to be wrong.