Goodbye Jesus

The Latest Fundie Hypes On Youtube

Suzy

I have been visiting my fundie father and his wife today. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not so good. Today was one of our better meetings: which means they didn't pressure me to go to church, they didn't try to scare me with Hell and start to preach to me about how I need to renew my "relationship" with Jesus bla-bla-bla. But they were going on about how we are in the end times a little bit. They showed me this video. It seems to be the latest fundie hype. They think it's the yellow horseman from revelation. I told them I thought it's an optical illusion. My father doesn't think so. How gullible one can be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnWo1kbu5QE&feature=related

Another current hype of theirs is an UFO that allegedly appeared over Jerusalem. Of course, fundies think UFOs are either angels or demons or signs. Especially over the temple mount. (To be fair, at least about my father's wife said maybe it's some unknown military aircraft or something - so about this one they weren't sure it was either a demon or an angel or something like that.)

Goodbye Jesus

Its odd that xians appear to have beliefs in UFO's, I am impartial on extra terrestrials but much of the UFO hype is explainable.

It is just one other unprovable phenomenon and odd that this is so prevalent in the US culture.

I guess the next sign will be crop circles in Jerusalem or nearby?

My position in good standing in the SOFs (Skeptical Old Farts society) requires that I say it looks like a reflection on the camera lens (night shot with lots of fires around) andif anyone sees an angel on a flying horse, I want some of what they're smokin'.

Its odd that xians appear to have beliefs in UFO's

Well, yeah, but the Xtians I know don't think the UFOs are extraterrestrials, aliens from other planets. They think they are angels and demons.

In fact, I even have a Xtian book on the subject, describing how UFOs are actually demons who want to deceive people. I read it some 15 years ago.

My position in good standing in the SOFs (Skeptical Old Farts society) requires that I say it looks like a reflection on the camera lens (night shot with lots of fires around) andif anyone sees an angel on a flying horse, I want some of what they're smokin'.

I say it is artificially superimposed.

Duh -I have to ask this question, although you will all know now that I'm just a dummy - what are these youtubes?:shrug:

Duh -I have to ask this question, although you will all know now that I'm just a dummy - what are these youtubes?:shrug:

The first one is a video of the recent protests in Egypt. And there's a "ghostly" figure in it, which some Xtians now think may be the yellow horseman from the Book of Relevation.

“I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.”

"The fourth horseman of the Apocalypse is symbolic of death and devastation. It seems to be a combination of the previous horsemen. The fourth horseman of the Apocalypse will bring further warfare and terrible famines along with awful plagues and diseases. What is most amazing, or perhaps terrifying, is that the four horsemen of the Apocalypse are just “precursors” of even worse judgments that come later in the tribulation (Revelation chapters 8–9 and 16)."

http://www.gotquesti...apocalypse.html

Ridiculous of course (most probably it's just a reflection on the lens of the camera or maybe deliberate manipulation of the video). I would think these horsemen in Relevation would look a bit more grand and scary and not like a reflection on a camera. :HaHa:

The second video is about a UFO that was seen a couple of weeks ago in Jerusalem above the Temple Mount. This is just one video but I have seen several others of the same phenomenon on YouTube. So maybe there really was an UFO there (I use the word UFO in its original meaning: unidentified flying object, not necessarily aliens, demons or angels or anything). I don't know what it was (if it's not a big hoax) - maybe a ball lightning, maybe an optical illusion -, but it requires a big leap of logic to say it had anything to do with God and the End times.

This is loltastic. If that was one of the 4 horsemen we'd all be fucked right now. I'd look out my window and see the water red with blood and all that apocalyptic nonsense. Considering no one around the "horseman" saw him, I'd say it's an optical illusion unless the Christian is a follower of "Lying for Jesus™" then it'd be superimposed.

Just goes to show you, the gullibility of fundies just keeps marching on :woohoo:

I see Photoshop entertainment, fundies see the end of the world :lmao:

Just goes to show you, the gullibility of fundies just keeps marching on :woohoo:

So can people make this kind of stuff with photoshop? The video looks so real! I'm almost a little nervous now! :twitch:

So can people make this kind of stuff with photoshop? The video looks so real! I'm almost a little nervous now! :twitch:

U bet, Go to Utube and punch in UFOs… there’s a lot of fake home made vids that look like the real REAL thing. :)

People who believe this obviously edited video are gullible. They WANT there to be supernatural things happening in the world. The world around them isn't good enough, there has to be something more. It's fodder for the ignorant.

What I'd like to know is who did it and why.

This just reminds me of those "Ghost Hunter" shows on The Discovery Channel.

"Ooh, there's an orb it must be a ghost!"

Lmfao, that had more effects than mtv cribs. I call lense flair on the first video.

I have been visiting my fundie father and his wife today. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not so good. Today was one of our better meetings: which means they didn't pressure me to go to church, they didn't try to scare me with Hell and start to preach to me about how I need to renew my "relationship" with Jesus bla-bla-bla. But they were going on about how we are in the end times a little bit. They showed me this video. It seems to be the latest fundie hype. They think it's the yellow horseman from revelation. I told them I thought it's an optical illusion. My father doesn't think so. How gullible one can be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnWo1kbu5QE&feature=related

I don't think the "horseman" was something that was inserted in by anyone. Of course it may have been, but if it were, it was super sloppy. If you look to the left as the "horseman" starts moving to the right, you will see two dots or bright spots that move at the same pace as the "horseman." You will see them a little left of the middle of the screen. One of them is at about crowd level. The other one is above the one at crowd level over the height of the buildings. Both of them move in tandem with each other and with the "horseman." That tells me that the "horseman" and the two dots or bright spots (whatever you want to call them) are a play of the light of the fires on the camera lens and nothing more.