Goodbye Jesus

Nasa Scientist Finds Evidence Of Alien Life

par4dcourse

It was one of my Catholic friends who mentioned this to me that it's happened before. She's a big believer in the paranormal and the supernatural and she even believes in Mothman.

How is life elsewhere in the universe comparable to the paranormal or supernatural. And how would someone's opinion who believes in stuff like that weigh in on a discussion of actual science? Are you suggesting his paper is pseudoscience?

I keep imagining this sort of dismissal being leveled at those who proposed that the moon is a hunk of the earth that got broken off and moved into orbit around us. Sounds like an imaginary fiction, but it's pretty well established now as the prevailing scientific theory. Why not life from elsewhere in the universe ending up here? Why is this so hard to imagine?

Again, I'm with Hans in saying it's pending review at this point so I'm remaining open. Even though it sounds fantastical (as so much in science does until it becomes accepted as fact), it does not appear to be on the level of crop circles or such things.

I linked her to this story and she was unimpressed.

Sure, because she operates on a different level, seeking "titillation". This failed to provide, which could be taken as a positive sign. ;)

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

alien.jpg

This photo brought to you by...

:wicked::twitch:LEGION :HaHa::Hmm:

I raise you a Pleiadian:

Asket+-Pleiadian+Girl-+Picture.jpg

If life can begin some place other than earth, then maybe life did actually begin as a natural process of the growth of our universe.

One would hope, but I'm not convinced it will convince anyone who isn't already convinced (tried to fit one more "convinced" in there, but couldn't do it. :D )

If the fact that life existed for billions of years in very simple form and without sentience doesn't cause pause for ToE deniers, I don't see how this additional info could possibly sway them. They are very good at rationalization, even if their rationalization is quite unconvincing.

Guest Babylonian Dream
Personally I am much more attracted to geogenisis, that life evolves everywhere in the universe as an inevitability of universe.

This is my lean, as it seems to make the most sense. That life would begin at the bottom of earths oceans (and wherever else it would form).

I'd think that radiation would sterilize meteors containing life before they got here. There may be a way for panspermia to have been the origin of life on earth though, I'm open to the idea.

I raise you a Pleiadian:

Asket+-Pleiadian+Girl-+Picture.jpg

I always knew blondes were descended from the Illuminati in the Pleiades! :HaHa: