Goodbye Jesus

The Ten Commandments

Thumbelina

The Ten Commandments are:

Exodus 20:3-11

1. “You shall have no other gods before Me.

2.“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

3. “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5. “ Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.

6.“You shall not murder.

7“You shall not commit adultery.

8. “You shall not steal.

9. “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10.“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

God wrote The Ten commandments with His own Fingers on two tablets of stone -- Exodus 31:18

"And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God."

The Ten Commandment law is moral, spiritual and comprehensive, they contain universal principles and they REFLECT God's character. "The utmost importance of The Ten Commandments to the LORD is evident: the Ark of the Covenant was the exclusive receptacle for the covenant with nothing else inside (Exodus 25:16,21 ); 1 Kings 8:9). The Ark with its precious contents was placed in the most holy place of the tabernacle ( Exodus 26:34 ). In fact, it was the only object in the most holy place. Above the Ark was the place meeting between God and man ( Exodus 25:22). After Moses, only the High Priest was allowed access to the most holy place and only once a year on the day of atonement.

Deuteronomy 10:1-5 shows God writing over another set of Commandments after Moses had broken the first.

The Ten Commandments are mentioned in the Bible under many names. In the first nine verses of Psalms 119, the Ten Commandments are given seven different names: the law of the Lord (verse 1); his testimonies; thy precepts (verse 4); thy statutes (verse 5); thy commandments (verse 6); thy righteous judgements (verse 7) and thy word (verse 9)."

The Ten commandments or Covenant consists of two parts: the first four commandments, written on both sides of one tablet, are concerned with man's obligation toward God. The last six commandments, written on both sides of the other tablet, are concerned with man's obligation toward others. Jesus Christ clarified the importance of those two parts when He said:

Matthew 22:36-40 (New King James Version)

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Other parts of the bible affirm the above principles, See Luke 10:27; Deuteronomy 6:4,5; Leviticus 19:18

Romans 13:8-10 "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Jesus and the apostles did not do away with the Ten Commandments ----

1 John 2:7 "Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning." The Ten Commandments are the SAME in both testaments!

John 15:10 "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."

Matthew 5:19 "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:17 "... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

The Old and New Testaments harmonize when it comes to the Ten Commandments.

The Ten Commandments:

. Called " The Law of The Lord" Isa 5:24

. Written by God on stone Exodus 31:18; exodus 32:16

. Placed INSIDE the ark Deuteronomy 10:2,5

. Points out sin Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20

. Not grievous 1 John 5:3

. Called "The Royal Law" James 2:8

. Judges all men James 2:10-12

. Spiritual Romans 7:14

. Perfect Psalms 19:7

The Ten Commandments Law sets the standard of righteousness ( Psalms 119:172). They function like a mirror (see James 1:23-25). Individuals who "look" into the law see their own character defects in contrast to God's righteous character. Therefore, the moral law demonstrates that all the world is guilty before God ( Romans 3:19) and everyone is fully accountable to Him. We recognize or become conscious of sin via the Law (Romans 3:20 ) Sin IS the transgression of the Law ( 1 John 3:4)

The Ten Commandment Law CANNOT save a being or a person who transgresses its precepts, therefore the Law cannot save mankind. The Law actually condemns man. It is written "For the wages of sin [transgression of the Law] is death ... " Romans 6:23 emphasis mine. God is merciful and gracious and God gave mankind eternal life as a gift through Jesus Christ. The PRINCIPLES of God's Law are eternal (loving God and loving ones fellow created beings as ones own self). God's Law CANNOT be changed, therefore Christ HAD to die in our place in order to uphold the Law. Christ (who was WITHOUT sin) became sin for man. God saved mankind through His everlasting covenant of grace ( Gen. 12:1-3; Gen. 15:4-5; Gen 17:1-9).

However, the covenant (gospel) of grace was/is closely related to obedience to God's law (Ten commandments); Gen 18:18-19; Gen. 26:4-5 The SURETY of God's covenant was the son of God, who, as the focal point of the gospel, was "the lamb slain from the foundation of ther world" ( Rev 13:8 )The preceding principle is shown in Psalms 103:17,18 where David said: "But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; 18To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them."

Mankind CANNOT rightly obey the Ten commandments in their own strength; Christ has been the ONLY being to NOT transgress the Law. Christ is the righteousness of the believer. Christ's death afforded the believer His imputed righteousness or justification but the believer NEEDS to choose to let Christ impart His righteousness in them throughout their life on this earth with its temptations and sins ( sanctification through God's help), in order to continue in a progressive saving relationship with God (Rom 8:1 ).

The Bible Conclusion:

Old Testament

Ecclesiastes 12:13 (King James Version)

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

New Testament

James 2:10-12 (King James Version)

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty."

Revelation 22:14 "Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Uhhhh.... what's your point?

So, what's your point, Thumbalina? What's your question? Anybody can blindly copy, paste and parrot doctrinal statements and scripture quotations.

So, what's your point, Thumbalina? What's your question? Anybody can blindly copy, paste and parrot doctrinal statements and scripture quotations.

A certain spunky fellow in the lion's den had asked this: "A question for Centauri and Mriana, please.

Why are Christians required to keep the Ten commandments?" and I think that the den is not quite worthy of such a topic.

• Super Moderator

IDK...chew on this:

link

The Ten Commandments as written in Exodus 20 are most assuredly a later Roman issue.

Remember; if you read the Bible that Moses busted the original tablets when he Got down off the mountain.

The replacement set which are found in Exodus 34 is not the same as the first set so the set in Exodus 20 is either a forgery or this alleged God was senile!

The Ten Commandments are: [crap deleted]

So what is it morontheist babe? Are you intentionally making false claims (making you a liar) or do you just have no fucking idea what you're talking about (making you an idiot)?

Those in your worthless wall of text are, according to your very own scripcha, not the ten commandments. Try actually reading the book before you start babbling.

The Ten Commandments as written in Exodus 20 are most assuredly a later Roman issue.

Remember; if you read the Bible that Moses busted the original tablets when he Got down off the mountain.

The replacement set which are found in Exodus 34 is not the same as the first set so the set in Exodus 20 is either a forgery or this alleged God was senile!

Aaaah, exactly what I was aiming at. Thanks Gnosis :)

It really amazes me how unread woo woos are of moses. Assuming he existed -

The Israelis were so shit scared of gawd that when moses set up a 1-1 encounter, they proclaimed "let not god speak to us but rather moses lest we die". You can look that up.

As has been stated, moses broke the tablets that god allegedly wrote and had to make a replica himself. Thereafter the remaining laws 630 IIRC are all preceded by "And the Lord said unto moses...." written ironically in the third person by moses himself.

The buybull states that if one fails to adhere to one iota of the law you are guilty of all. Jesus after all came to fulfill the entire law and his summation begins with commandment 1 and ends with a "ceremonial commandment" as the xians like to proclaim. Loving your neighbor aka the golden rule is nowhere even inferred in the famous 10.

You god is pretty fucked up as all the laws proclaim what you should not do but very little of what you should do. The shoulds generally are ignored and when they actually come up, it is anyway instructions to get yourself off the hook for sinning like the offerings et al.

Taking your 10

You shall have no other gods before Me - xians worship the trinity which is pagan in origin

You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in

heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water

under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I,

the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the

fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those

who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and

keep My commandments.

The bolded bit is revised later where the son is not responsible for the father and visa versa. Most xians wear a cross, ironically a symbol of torture so in this regard they fail daily.

You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

Xians do this daily by lying for jeebus just as you do here all the time. You proclaim to KNOW what god is thinking but have no proof, this has nothing to do with saying "jesus fucking christ". To be an authority for the lard, you must be a prophet, your babble here does not come over as prophetic but mere regurgitation of xian talking points.

Remember the Sabbath day - well we can stop here and ignore the rest as the sabbath is not sunday. All xians thus fail this one weekly.

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you

What land did god give you? The honor bits are not unique to xianity as most cultures have this.

You shall not murder - not unique to xianity, but this is modified as the original is kill not murder it is anyway playing with semantics. The USA does not belong in Iraq and thus all the deaths they caused are murder and thus with the xian right supporting these wars, they fail this commandment, guilt by association. In a court of law, if you were privy to the murder and did nothing about it you are as guilty as the perp who did the dirty deed.

You shall not commit adultery. 50% of the faithfool seem to fail at this when they divorce and they are conveniently remarried by a "man of god" - again guilt by association.

You shall not steal. - not unique to xianity, all cultures, stealing is immoral and against the secular law.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. This happens daily with xians. You shall not

covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife,

nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his

donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s

I think the woo woos have the worst track record following this. This boils down to envy rather than flirting but both seem to be a problem in xian circles.

Seeing that I can name many instances where the xians fail at this, how is it then that we heathen should follow these archaic rules instead of the laws of the land?

The Ten Commandments of Visiting a Nude Beach.

10. Thou shalt NEVER bring thy mother or father.

9. Thou shalt always wear sunglasses so thine eyes may covertly feast

upon the flesh of thy neighbor.

8. If accompanied by thy girlfriend or thy wife, thou shalt worship no

other.

7. If thy back is covered with hair, thou shalt not remove thy shirt.

6. Thou shalt not play Frisbee is thy weight is 14.2 stone or greater, yay

verily.

5. Thou shalt not depart the cold waters of the sea without a float or

surfboard to conceal thy “frightened turtle.”

4. Thou shalt not remove thy clothing if thy member is pointing

toward the North Star.

3. Thou shalt not cook with a charcoal grill, lest thine own sausage

become part of the feast.

2. Thou shalt not fish, lest thine own trouser trout becomes

the “catch of the day.”

1. Thou shalt not ask thy neighbor to apply protective oils to thy

forbidden fruit.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=553119

Teen Commandments

1. Thou shall not sneak out when parents are sleeping.

(why wait that long)

2. Thou shall not do drugs.

(alcohol lasts longer, not to mention being cheaper.)

3. Thou shall not steal from K-Mart.

(Wal-Mart has a bigger selection)

4. Thou shall not be arrested for vandalism.

(destruction has a bigger effect, I can tell you all about this)

5. Thou shall not steal from your parents.

(everyone knows grandma has more money)

6. Thou shall not get into fights.

(Cat fight anyhow...just start them.)

7. Thou shall not skip class.

(just take the whole day off)

8. Thou shall not wear revealing clothes in class.

(Hooters pays more)

9. Thou shall not think about having sex.

(like Nike says, "just do it")

10. Thou shall not help old ladies across the street.

(just leave 'em in the middle)

Moses

220px-Moses_Malone.jpg

The Ten Commandments are:

2.“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

When it says "keep my commandments", on what basis do you presume that it only means ten commandments rather than all of God’s commandments?

If it only referred to ten, it would have said “these ten commandments”.

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

This commandment was undermined by Paul, and is ignored by the majority of Christians.

The Ten Commandment law is moral, spiritual and comprehensive, they contain universal principles and they REFLECT God's character. "The utmost importance of The Ten Commandments to the LORD is evident: the Ark of the Covenant was the exclusive receptacle for the covenant with nothing else inside (Exodus 25:16,21 ); 1 Kings 8:9).

According to Heb 9:4 the Ark contained more than just the tablets.

There was something else inside.

It also contained a gold jar and Aaron’s staff.

The Ten Commandments are mentioned in the Bible under many names. In the first nine verses of Psalms 119, the Ten Commandments are given seven different names: the law of the Lord (verse 1); his testimonies; thy precepts (verse 4); thy statutes (verse 5); thy commandments (verse 6); thy righteous judgements (verse 7) and thy word (verse 9)."

This is rather deceptive.

Psa 119 does not refer exclusively to only ten commandments, but to all of God’s laws.

The Ten commandments or Covenant consists of two parts: the first four commandments, written on both sides of one tablet, are concerned with man's obligation toward God. The last six commandments, written on both sides of the other tablet, are concerned with man's obligation toward others. Jesus Christ clarified the importance of those two parts when He said:

Matthew 22:36-40 (New King James Version)

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Other parts of the bible affirm the above principles, See Luke 10:27; Deuteronomy 6:4,5; Leviticus 19:18

Romans 13:8-10 "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

The command to love your neighbor as yourself isn’t one of the ten commandments.

It comes from Lev 19:18, which is titled in the NIV Bible as “Various Laws”.

Loving your neighbor does not automatically fulfill all of the law.

If the greatest commandment was to love God, then obeying all of his laws (as he asked) is the verification of that love.

It certainly doesn’t mean ignoring some laws while keeping others.

• Like 1

Jesus and the apostles did not do away with the Ten Commandments ----

Paul undermined the second and fourth commandments and vilified the law in general by calling it a ministry of death.

Jesus undermined the fifth commandment (honor thy mother and father) when he told a disciple to chase after him rather than bury a dead parent.

In Acts 15, where did the apostles instruct gentiles to keep the ten commandments?

What laws did they tell them to keep?

The Old and New Testaments harmonize when it comes to the Ten Commandments.

. Called "The Royal Law" James 2:8

. Perfect Psalms 19:7

The Royal Law in James is from Lev 19:18, which is not one of the ten commandments.

It’s found in a section that Christian Bibles title as “various laws”.

Psa 19:7 does not specify only ten commandments, but refers to all of the law.

The Ten Commandments Law sets the standard of righteousness ( Psalms 119:172).

Psa 119:172 is not limited to just ten commandments, it says “all your commandments”.

All of the law sets the standard for righteousness, not just ten commandments.

The Ten Commandment Law CANNOT save a being or a person who transgresses its precepts, therefore the Law cannot save mankind.

This is typical false and deceptive Christian propaganda.

Obedience to the law, along with a contrite heart and repentance does save a person. (Ezek 18:20-27)

God's Law CANNOT be changed, therefore Christ HAD to die in our place in order to uphold the Law.

This is convoluted in the extreme.

If God’s law cannot be changed, then Jesus couldn’t have upheld the law.

A human sin sacrifice is not legal under that very law.

Psa 119:155

Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not thy statutes.

It cannot be any clearer than this.

Salvation is achieved by seeking God’s law and doing it, not by chasing after a pagan human sacrifice.

Moses claimed that the law was not too difficult to obey.

Was Moses a liar?

Christ (who was WITHOUT sin) became sin for man.

Standard Christian propaganda and wishful thinking.

Jesus wasn’t qualified to be a “christ”, specifically a king messiah.

Jesus did sin (as noted below), so the cozy notion that he was sinless is nothing more than an empty talking point.

The preceding principle is shown in Psalms 103:17,18 where David said: "But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; 18To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them."

Christians scorn God’s commandments when they don’t agree with them, claiming that they are outdated.

Psa 103 is not limited to only ten commandments.

Mankind CANNOT rightly obey the Ten commandments in their own strength;

Is this an attempt to say that people could not keep God’s laws?

If so, then this is contradicted by the New Testament in Luke 1:5-6.

It would also make Moses a liar.

Christ has been the ONLY being to NOT transgress the Law.

False claim.

Jesus undermined God’s dietary law in Mark 7.

Jesus undermined the law to honor parents in Matt 8:21-22.

Jesus gave false testimony to a high priest about his teaching activity in John 18:20.

Undermining the law and teaching against it is sin, along with lying.

The Bible Conclusion:

Old Testament

Ecclesiastes 12:13 (King James Version)

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Christianity doesn’t do this, instead they try to limit God’s commandments to only ten, and even then they ignore the fourth commandment and dilute the second commandment into meaninglessness.

• Like 1

Actually, the 'ten commandments' are found in Chapter 34, Exodus Chapter 20, is an introduction to the law, a summary, and not the ten commandments god gave his Jews. The ten commandments are the 'words of the covenant,' found in Chapter 34 (bible says so), that instruct the Israelites to commit genocide to take the land and destroy the altars of the god's those people worship.

• Like 1

Christianity likes to use Chapter 20 for its ten commandments because in more modern times, back when chapters, verses, and punctuation were added to the bible, a Chapter heading of Ten Commandments were added in Chapter 20. Previously, there were no heading, no chapters, no punctuations. The Holy Bible is a commercial venture selling books to Christians. If one reads the book of Jeremiah, he will discover that the prophet claims god never gave the law to Moses which makes the whole ten commandment argument a moot point added to the growing list of lies of Christianity.

Moses never existed and the whole Exodus thing never happened either. Provide proof of the exodus please.

Dumbell ... you just got your ass handed to ya! Wendywhatever.gif

Ummm... no she didn't, Mr.P!

Everyone who isn't Dumbellina automatically has a secular (i.e., wrong) understanding of scripture.

Only she has the a true, spritual (i.e., right) understanding of God's word.

Got that?

BAA.

The Ten Commandments of Jamming:

I. Thou shalt not ever forsake the beat.

II. Thou shalt arrange thyselves in a small circle so that thou mayest hear and see the other musicians. Thou shalt listen with thine ears to the songs and attempt to play in accord with the group; also, open thine eyes betimes to look about thee, lest there be some visual sign someone is endeavoring to send thee. Thou shalt play softly when someone lifteth his voice in song, when playing harmony, and when thou knowest not what thou is doing.

III. Thou shalt play in tune. Tune thine instrument well, and tune it often with thine electric tuner, lest the sounds emanating from thine instument be unclean.

IV. Thou shalt commence and cease playing each tune together as one, so that the noise ye make be a joyful noise, and not a heinous tinkling that goeth in fits and starts, for that is unclean, and is an abomination. Whensoever a musician sticketh forth his foot as though he were afflicted with a cramp in the fatted calf, thou must complete the rest of that verse, and then cease.

V. Thou shalt stick out thine own foot or else lift up thy voice crying "This is it !", or "Last time !" if thou hast been the one to begin the song, and it has been played sufficient times over. If the one who began a tune endeth it not by one of these signs, then the tune will just go on and on, like the Old Testament, until the listeners say, "Hark ! It all soundeth the same."

VI. Thou shalt concentrate and thou shalt not confound the music by mixing up the A part and the B part. Most songs, but not all, proceedeth according to the ancient law "AABB". But if thou sinneth in this regard, or make any mistake that is unclean, thou may atone - not by ceasing to play - but by reentering the tune in the proper place and playing on.

VII. Thou shalt be ever mindful of the key the banjo is tuned in, and play many tunes in that key, for the banjo is but a lowly instrument, which must needs be retuned each time there is a key change.

VIII. Thou shalt not speed up or slow down accidentally when playing a tune, for it is an abomination. (See commandment I)

IX. Thou shalt not, by thine own self, commence noodling off on a tune the other musicians know not, unless asked or unless thou art teaching that tune, for it is an abomination, and the other musicians will not hold thee guiltless, and shall take thee off their computer lists, yea, even unto the third and the fourth generation.

X. Thou shalt have fun and play well.

Ummm... no she didn't, Mr.P!

Everyone who isn't Dumbellina automatically has a secular (i.e., wrong) understanding of scripture.

Only she has the a true, spritual (i.e., right) understanding of God's word.

Got that?

BAA.

Ya ... I forgot bout dat ... So the scenario plays like this? We cannot understand the scripture until we believe the scripture, and we cannot believe the scripture until we understand the scripture. Isn't that just another way of saying - "We're fucked"? Wendyshrug.gif

Actually, the 'ten commandments' are found in Chapter 34, Exodus Chapter 20, is an introduction to the law, a summary, and not the ten commandments god gave his Jews. The ten commandments are the 'words of the covenant,' found in Chapter 34 (bible says so), that instruct the Israelites to commit genocide to take the land and destroy the altars of the god's those people worship.

You are sooo right! Exodus 34:

1 The LORD said to Moses, “Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke.

4 So Moses chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones and went up Mount Sinai early in the morning, as the LORD had commanded him; and he carried the two stone tablets in his hands.

11... Obey what I command you today.

14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

15 “Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

17 “Do not make any idols.

18 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

19 “The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons.

“No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

22 “Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year. 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign LORD, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the LORD your God.

25 “Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

26 “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the LORD your God.

“Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.”

27 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

So, Thumbellina, how come you don't obey God's 10 Commandments?

And, if Moses did these things, who wrote about it when Moses was supposedly by himself. Him and god yet we have a third person account dictating the events. It is a fictional account. Never happened.

Have you been in bed with Ray Comfort lately?

Ya ... I forgot bout dat ... So the scenario plays like this? We cannot understand the scripture until we believe the scripture, and we cannot believe the scripture until we understand the scripture. Isn't that just another way of saying - "We're fucked"? Wendyshrug.gif

Exactly! Now go forth and spread the good news, so that all that hear will be fucked too!