Goodbye Jesus

Moses' Law

Thumbelina

Moses law are a second "law" apart from the Ten Commandments, that were written by Moses in a book (instead of stone) and placed IN THE SIDE of the ark.

Deuteronomy 31:24-26

24And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,

25That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,

26Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Moses wrote the ceremonial laws, together with the civil regulations in the "Book of the Law" and this "Book" was placed BESIDE the ark of the covenant as a "witness against" the people (Deut. 31:26). Whenever the people sinned, that "witness" condemned their actions and provided elaborate requirements for reconciliation with God. From the time Moses wrote down the laws at Sinai until Christ died on the cross, transgressors of the Decalogue or Ten Commandments found hope, forgiveness and cleansing by FAITH in the gospel portrayed by the sanctuary services of the ceremonial law.

Some facts about Moses' law

. Called "the law of Moses" Luke 2:22; 1 Corinthians 9:9

. Written by Moses in a book 2 Chronicles 35:12; Deuteronomy 31:24

. Placed in the side of the ark Deuteronomy 31:26

. Added because of sin. Galatians 3:19

. Contrary to us Colossians 2:14

. Called "law contained in ordinances" Ephesians 2:15

. Judges no man Colossians 2:14-16

. Carnal Hebrews 7:16

. Made nothing perfect Hebrews 7:19

Question: What was the purpose of the law of Moses?

Answer: Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

N.B. Paul, unfortunately did not differentiate between the Ten Commandment Law and Moses' law but refers only to the "law". As a result, many have concluded that God's Law (the Ten Commandments that He wrote with His own fingers on two tablets of stone) has been done away with. However, as we read the CONTEXT, we can readily discern which law Paul was referring to since he states that it was "written in the book of the law" and not on stone ( see Gal 3:10)

From the Greek: 3551 /nómos ("law") then can refer to "the Law," or "law" as a general principle (or both simultaneously). The particular sense(s) of 3551 (nómos) is determined by the context.

• Super Moderator

This is an odd place to post such ruminations. Most people here realize that even the existence of Moses is questionable, not to mention translated and re-translated writings.

790.jpg

THANK YOU, does she even know what website she’s in…WTF!!!

If it's your point that god wrote the Ten commandments and Moses (man) wrote the rest of the law, then you are sadly mistaken.

In Exodus 21:1 after god gave the ten commandments and a few other tidbits, he gave ordinances for Moses to write down. God set out some nice things, like buying and keeping slaves, selling your daughter, etc...

Christians love to disconnect themselves from the evil, vile god of the old testament. This is just another way they do it. Quoting a lot of scripture is not a sign of your godly knowledge, it's a sign of your lack of knowledge of the bible.

Stop playing holy-hopscotch and read the bible critically.

If it's your point that god wrote the Ten commandments and Moses (man) wrote the rest of the law, then you are sadly mistaken.

In Exodus 21:1 after god gave the ten commandments and a few other tidbits, he gave ordinances for Moses to write down. God set out some nice things, like buying and keeping slaves, selling your daughter, etc...

Christians love to disconnect themselves from the evil, vile god of the old testament. This is just another way they do it. Quoting a lot of scripture is not a sign of your godly knowledge, it's a sign of your lack of knowledge of the bible.

Stop playing holy-hopscotch and read the bible critically.

Amen brother! Preach it!

MAN wrote the bible Thum!

I know friend - I found it hard to believe once my eyes were opened. c'mon - you can't fight this forever!

Answer: Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Where did Moses say that any part of the law would be made obsolete?

N.B. Paul, unfortunately did not differentiate between the Ten Commandment Law and Moses' law but refers only to the "law". As a result, many have concluded that God's Law (the Ten Commandments that He wrote with His own fingers on two tablets of stone) has been done away with. However, as we read the CONTEXT, we can readily discern which law Paul was referring to since he states that it was "written in the book of the law" and not on stone ( see Gal 3:10)

So according to this apologetic Paul meant that all laws except the ten commandments had been done away with.

Where does Paul actually confirm this speculation?

It isn't confirmed here:

Eph 2:14-15(NLT)

For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us.

He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations....

The fourth commandment is to observe the seventh day Sabbath.

Per Paul-do not let anyone judge you based on your observation of a sabbath day.

Col 2:16-17

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Is the fourth commandment binding on Christians?

If it is then Paul undermined part of the ten commandments.

All the laws are supposed to be followed, not just the ten commandments.

That's what God wants.

Deut 11:1

Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.

Deut 4:2

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Part of the second commandment listed in the ten commandments instructs people to keep his commandments.

When God says keep his commandments, does he only mean ten of them or all of them?

The burden of proof is on you to validate from the Hebrew scriptures that the law was to be repealed by an expected messiah.

The OT prophet Jeremiah did not believe the law was given to Moses and said there is no truth remaining in the land--or you cannot believe everything you hear. Moses is not found in writings other than the OT. Exodus never happened. The law given to Moses never happened.

The OT prophet Jeremiah did not believe the law was given to Moses and said there is no truth remaining in the land--or you cannot believe everything you hear. Moses is not found in writings other than the OT. Exodus never happened. The law given to Moses never happened.

HZ,

I'm curious. What's that passage in Jeremiah? My keyword search yielded no results for me.

HZ,

I'm curious. What's that passage in Jeremiah? My keyword search yielded no results for me.

(Jer 7:8) Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot do any good.

(Jer 7:22) For I did not speak to your fathers, nor command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices.

(Jer 7:24) But they did not listen, nor bow their ear, but walked in their own plans, in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward and not forward.

(Jer 7:28) But you shall say to them, This is a nation which does not obey the voice of Jehovah their God, nor receives instruction; truth has perished, and is cut off from their mouth.

(Jer 5:30) A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;

(Jer 5:31) The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

Mosaic Law is a reflection of God's Law required to be obeyed by the old Jews as part of the old Covenants. Another reflection of God's Law is buried in our hearts. It acts as a default for the gentiles to obey before a formal covenant is received. Jesus Christ's teaching is yet another reflection of God's Law for both the Jews and gentiles to follow, as required by the Second Covenant.

[just unsupported assertions and general crap]

...zzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz...

Mosaic Law is a reflection of God's Law required to be obeyed by the old Jews as part of the old Covenants.

In My opinion, "Mosaic Law" is 100% cultural and 0% divine. Until you or Thumbscrewina produce objective physical evidence of an actual deity, and also produce evidence that this archaic code of law accurately reflects the alleged deity's wishes,"God's Law" is a meaningless term.

• Like 2

I certainly can't top Valk's reply, but I don't see the point of discussing this. I guess it is interesting for some people, and that's good enough. But it's like arguing details about Star Wars, Harry Potter, Star Trek, or any other work of fiction.

That people still fawn over crap made up by some early camel jockeys to explain what they couldn't is hilarious.

That people still fawn over crap made up by some early camel jockeys to explain what they couldn't is hilarious.

Yep. I know I once accepted that crap, but in retrospect, it all seems so fucking foolish and silly.

I certainly can't top Valk's reply, but I don't see the point of discussing this. I guess it is interesting for some people, and that's good enough. But it's like arguing details about Star Wars, Harry Potter, Star Trek, or any other work of fiction.

The only difference is that arguing details about Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Star Trek would actually be fun and entertaining.

The only difference is that arguing details about Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Star Trek would actually be fun and entertaining.

Yeah, and those works of fiction have much more consistent plots.

Can I please please oh please follow a religion built by superstitious mysogonystic murderous men living in the desert?

Precisely. And who in their right mind would go to a forum for ex-Star Trek fans and deride them for not believing that "The Trubble with Tribbles" was based on an actual event?

Precisely. And who in their right mind would go to a forum for ex-Star Trek fans and deride them for not believing that "The Trubble with Tribbles" was based on an actual event?

But Thumb keeps coming. Secondary motives? Maybe a secret fascination with the "other side?"

But Thumb keeps coming. Secondary motives? Maybe a secret fascination with the "other side?"

No doubt talking to heathens is more fun than talking to fundies.

We're rude, obnoxious, arrogant, and know-it-alls, what is there not to like? :shrug:

:HaHa:

• 3 weeks later...

So when the Bible says "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying..." that's a lie?