Goodbye Jesus

Who Is To Blame For The Tsunami?

Wondering

Obviously, I think we can all agree that the earthquake and tsunami that took place this morning are a terrible thing. My heart goes out to the people who have lost their loved ones or homes. Now I find myself wondering who Pat Robertson and those types will blame for it? Is it the gay population in Japan? The Hindus? The Shintos? All I know is God is punishing someone over there, I'm just not sure who it is.

• Super Moderator

Now I find myself wondering who Pat Robertson and those types will blame for it?

That was my exact thought also...... I can hardly wait for his next foot-in-mouth commentary.Wendyloser.gif

Anime?

I suspect Florduh, but can't back it up yet.

• Like 1

I've had to log myself out of FaceBook and Twitter for the day. I can hardly stand the urge to blast all the fucking "praying for the Tsunami victims" comments and other bullshit. What the fuck is prayer gonna do? Not a goddamn thing! Grrrrrr. It's sick to think that people think that doesn anything but make themselves feel better.

I've had to log myself out of FaceBook and Twitter for the day. I can hardly stand the urge to blast all the fucking "praying for the Tsunami victims" comments and other bullshit. What the fuck is prayer gonna do? Not a goddamn thing! Grrrrrr. It's sick to think that people think that doesn anything but make themselves feel better.

I know what you mean Randi - as I watch the cars fall off the brigdes into the water (with people in them!)......................... Jezzzzzzzuuuuuuuusssss!

Probably gays. Is there any natural disaster that's not their fault? :shrug:

Probably gays. Is there any natural disaster that's not their fault? :shrug:

Maybe it's the lesbians this time...........................poor girls....................

I know what you mean!!! I have to bite my typing fingers to keep from replying that they should have prayed to "god" to stop the earthquakes and tsunami or prayed that everyone affected would be safe instead of praying for one individual.

Example seen on FB today: "Please pray for my daughter. She is in Hawaii with her dance squad." Replies, "Praying hard for her." .....and updated later, "My daughter and her friends are safe. Thank you Lord." Replies, "God is good all the time."

Makes me sick!! Christianity is such an arrogant religion!!!

I know what you mean!!! I have to bite my typing fingers to keep from replying that they should have prayed to "god" to stop the earthquakes and tsunami or prayed that everyone affected would be safe instead of praying for one individual.

Example seen on FB today: "Please pray for my daughter. She is in Hawaii with her dance squad." Replies, "Praying hard for her." .....and updated later, "My daughter and her friends are safe. Thank you Lord." Replies, "God is good all the time."

Makes me sick!! Christianity is such an arrogant religion!!!

This is exactly the stuff that started my deconversion!

My former megachurch's motto is: "God is good, all the time! And all the time, God is good!" I remember shortly before my deconversion thinking to myself.... wait, are we serving the same god?

It boggles the mind, really. I jsut want to shake them! If god is so good, WTF? does bad look like?

My former megachurch's motto is: "God is good, all the time! And all the time, God is good!" I remember shortly before my deconversion thinking to myself.... wait, are we serving the same god?

It boggles the mind, really. I jsut want to shake them! If god is so good, WTF? does bad look like?

I hear ya girl...................... Rant, rant, :woohoo:

• Super Moderator

I think Obama must surely have something to do with it. I'll know more after I get a chance to listen to Rush and Beck.

And no, Par. I didn't do it. I was tied up at the time - ask yer old lady!

• Like 1

given that its japan.....because they aren't a christian nation would rank up near the top.

Then when it happens in CA, not a red state.

then Alaska, well then we go back to gays.

I did the same.

I just couldn't face the ignorance. There is nothing you can do for them right now. Once the damage has been assesed, then something can be done.

I did the same.

I just couldn't face the ignorance. There is nothing you can do for them right now. Once the damage has been assesed, then something can be done.

I always get irritated at the sentiment for these tragedies. It's all well and good to feel bad for a few hundred people, but the same people don't give a shit that we bomb the bejezus out of brown people to keep the price of oil low for their benefit every day. I think people probably care, but they only react when it's on TV and TV presents it as a tragedy.

Our oil dependence causing the earthquake? Oh wait...Japan is on a major fault line.

I'm still waiting on an answer as to why a major portion of America's Bible Belt is also Tornado Alley. And why Katrina also flattened good christian communities in Mississippi and Alabama, and not just New Orleans. And why no cry against gays or heathens went up after Ike hit Galveston.

Fuck anyone who says "this convenient natural disaster against people we don't care for very much is from Gawd." It's nature. It doesn't give a shit about your prejudices.

And no, Par. I didn't do it. I was tied up at the time - ask yer old lady!

Your name is VibraMatic?

I did it!

Sorry to those in japan...but I just had so much pent up rage against countries that started with the letter J.

And Jamaica is too cool mon.

Obviously, I think we can all agree that the earthquake and tsunami that took place this morning are a terrible thing. My heart goes out to the people who have lost their loved ones or homes. Now I find myself wondering who Pat Robertson and those types will blame for it? Is it the gay population in Japan? The Hindus? The Shintos? All I know is God is punishing someone over there, I'm just not sure who it is.

I thought the exact same thing this morning when I saw what was happening on the news ... you know there will be the prophetic types giving their spin on this, most likely even gleeful that this confirms Jesus is coming soon :)

Clearly this was all the fault of hardcore school girl bondage anime.

I thought the exact same thing this morning when I saw what was happening on the news ... you know there will be the prophetic types giving their spin on this, most likely even gleeful that this confirms Jesus is coming soon :)

They love the 'blood baths' Journey, don't they? i used to watch this at church! they'd get all excited over a diaster. mind you,I think they always felt bad about the people who died, but........ they were always happy............. it wasn't them..................:shrug:

My theory is that it was caused by all the SUV traffic on our roads causing the shockwave on the other side of the world.

Some of the footage looks like something from a Godzilla movie.