Goodbye Jesus

What's Wrong With This Picture?

Foxy Methoxy

I was invited to a Baptist church in my neighborhood and accepted. I've heard all the same sermons before and long ago rejected their beliefs, but if someone is kind enough to invite me, I'll usually give them a chance to disappoint me. Expecting very little, I got just that. The interesting thing to me was the pastor made several offhand remarks about the man being the head of the household and the women and children are under his watch. This is God's law, even if the man doesn't attend church. I looked around and saw several women nodding in agreement, very few of whom had a grown man sitting next to them. Without an official tally, I'd say this church is about 80% female + her kids while the leadership (pastor, asst pastor, elders, and youth leader) is 100% male.

So who can tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Ha! All they need is the wardrobe from Little House on the Prairie.

Those willing to give up who they fundamentally are, are most likely the ones who have least power.

I agree, but it almost seems like this church appeals to women who actively pursue being dominated. It's bizarre.

And I think they were all wearing vinyl boyshorts under their conservative dresses if ya know what I mean.

Could it be for the same reason that some women go from one abusive relationship to another? I watch some women and think WTH? Stockholm Syndrome? IDK.

Could it be for the same reason that some women go from one abusive relationship to another? I watch some women and think WTH? Stockholm Syndrome? IDK.

I think that about sums it up. It certainly seems that way.

I was invited to a Baptist church in my neighborhood and accepted. I've heard all the same sermons before and long ago rejected their beliefs, but if someone is kind enough to invite me, I'll usually give them a chance to disappoint me. Expecting very little, I got just that. The interesting thing to me was the pastor made several offhand remarks about the man being the head of the household and the women and children are under his watch. This is God's law, even if the man doesn't attend church. I looked around and saw several women nodding in agreement, very few of whom had a grown man sitting next to them. Without an official tally, I'd say this church is about 80% female + her kids while the leadership (pastor, asst pastor, elders, and youth leader) is 100% male.

So who can tell me what's wrong with this picture?

I think it gives them some kind of hope that god will send them a man to make it all better. SIlly bitches.

Lol! I guess if you believe God had to sacrifice Himself to Himself to change a law He created, you're gullible enough to believe there's also a man out there who is capable of solving all your problems. :shrug:

I think Fromm nailed it in "Escape from Freedom". Many people want someone else to take care of their thinking, their problems, etc, and will do it (as they must) at the cost of their freedom. Defer responsibility, pay will loss of freedom. Some accept the trade-off.