Goodbye Jesus

Any Students Home With Xtian Family For Spring Break?

PinkSugar

I'm only home for a week but its still very frustrating. They switch back and forth from acting like I am a Christian and acting like they know I'm not. Examples: Came home, found a bible on my bed. Tracts about "What if there really is a god?" on the fridge.

They have the mentality of "You are in our house, you will "respect" our religion". I try to remain vague about my reason for not wanting to do religious things when they suggest them (e.g. "I want to sleep in" instead of "I will have a panic attack if I go").

I can't be blatantly defiant because they do support me right now and I love them, but I can't go along with everything because it makes me physically uncomfortable(panic attacks are not pleasant).

Anyone else dealing with this now/dealt with it in the past?

I will be...Except they won't know I'm an atheist. They still think I'm a catholic :P I might end up telling them over my break...but we'll see.

I've had to live with my very Christian (Pentecostal) parents since graduating university in the middle of a recession, but aside from the ocassional invite to church, I avoid most of the flak. Having to listen to prolonged discussions about the disaster-of-the-week and its significance in the destruction of the world tomorrow isn't exactly PLEASANT, though.