Rapture Index 180

Net Change +2

Updated Mar 14, 2011

Rapture Index of 100 and Below: Slow prophetic activity

Rapture Index of 100 to 130: Moderate prophetic activity

Rapture Index of 130 to 160: Heavy prophetic activity

Rapture Index above 160: Fasten your seat belts

http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html

Now to be honest, 4-5 years ago I believed this too.

My in-laws have been going on and on about this and stressing to my wife and boys that we need to make sure we are ready. Now with the Japan quake the other day they have shifted into high gear.

• Like 1

If this were true, it would be so fucking funny getting whisked up and all and jeebus realises he's too early and cancels the rapture and they all fall back to earth and die.

The rapture retards are the most disturbing online community in the world IMO. They feed off each other's fears.

LOL, this would be funny if they weren't totally serious. Just in the past week, both of my parents have told me separately all about how we're close to the end.

Off topic somewhat, raptureready.com says:

Why does Christianity claim to be superior to all other faiths?

The supremacy of Christianity over all other faiths is not based on arrogance. It is simply based on facts. If your house were to catch on fire, what do you think would be superior at extinguishing the flames--water or gasoline? They are both liquids, but one is obviously better qualified at the task of quenching the fire.

God has plainly said that Christianity is superior to all other faiths.

Sigh.

LOL, this would be funny if they weren't totally serious. Just in the past week, both of my parents have told me separately all about how we're close to the end.

Off topic somewhat, raptureready.com says:

Why does Christianity claim to be superior to all other faiths?

The supremacy of Christianity over all other faiths is not based on arrogance. It is simply based on facts. If your house were to catch on fire, what do you think would be superior at extinguishing the flames--water or gasoline? They are both liquids, but one is obviously better qualified at the task of quenching the fire.

God has plainly said that Christianity is superior to all other faiths.

Sigh.

Can't argue with that.

:twitch:

Sure, sure, and the Homeland Security terrorist threat level is orange, has always been orange, and will...oh, wait, they killed that dumb piece of shit because it was fucking stupid.

When something comes along that actually makes the government look sensible, you KNOW you picked a winner.

"In case of rapture, I'm turning your church into an abortion clinic."

• Like 1

He's currently in a snow closed airport in MN, and as soon as he works out that problem with the connection in Atlanta, look out.

This post made my day. You know that some think today is the end of the world? My boyfriend and I thought about calling in extinct.

• Like 2

In related news, rational thinking is nearing an all time low. When the rapture index is high, it is always smart to invest in rational thinking as the two tend to counter balance one another at opposite sides of the spectrum. Buy low and sell high.

I still think we can make money for this website by advertising on Christian boards that we will feed their pets in the event of the rapture. After all, we would not want a bunch of pets starving to death. I hear a lot out of the mouths of the holy and they never once ask 'what will happen to my pets when I am raptured out?'

Here's the pitch: Make a life time donation of $100 or more and we will feed Fido or Fluffy in the event The Rapture™ takes place. This offer is good until we get tossed into The Lake of Fire™'.

• Like 1

I have to admit, I had to spend some time on this site because I couldn't figure out if it was a joke or not.

These fruitcakes/whackjobs really take delusional to a whole new level.

But, I see they've got Google Adsense ads plastered all over their site (they make big money off that), so as I always say: Prophets = Profits!! :lmao:

• Like 1

Well, it's certainly entertaining. I don't know, I wasn't there, but I heard they thought the rapture index was much higher than this 2000 years ago.

I see there's a category for apostasy. Perhaps we can nudge the rapture index to an "all time high."

Other things I found amusing...

Inflation: Overall, inflation has been quite low for a long, long time. I guess short blips brought on by unstable fuel prices are supposed to herald the coming of the lord more than sustained major inflation like in the 1970s? Just like a couple of years ago when gas peaked rather higher than it is now and brought prices up a lot higher. Oh, and is the US inflation rate the only one that god cares about? I don't see the record high index set anywhere near the time when Zimbabwe had an annual inflation rate of 231 million percent.

Interest Rates: A nine month high during a period of extraordinarily low interest rates heralds the coming of the lord!

Drug Abuse: Apparently only important in the US, claims of eroding state laws against marijuana use heralds the coming of the lord. I can only imagine that this pertains to a relaxation of medical marijuana laws in some states. Nevermind that in the US, where prophecy counts, the prisons are cram full of marijuana smokers. Meanwhile, alcoholism apparently does not constitute drug abuse.

Moral Standards: Economic issues wearing away at moral standards? OK, wherever they may have documented a decline in moral standards.

Anti-christian: That must be us apostates, secular humanists, and militant atheists who wish to guard against the country becoming a theocracy.

The Anti-christ: The European Union now has a president! This obviously heralds the anti-christ and contributes to the through the roof rapture index! Uh oh, there has been a president since 1957. Which is that is a sure sign that the rapture is imminent, I wonder: the existence of a post for the past 54 years, or a blip in inflation the past few weeks after a bit of instability in fuel prices?

Climate: Apparently there was a recent cold wave in Europe, in winter no less! This apparently not only heralds the coming of christ, but also disproves global warming. Interesting that when I googled for cold wave Europe there were hits for the winter of '09 - '10, but I did not see anything of special note this year or in recent news stories.

is that website for real and not parody?

even tho I have carefully refrained from ANY religious posting on FB, I am tempted to link that site and just see the response.

I wish it was but unfortunately not. I was a part of that board for quite a while and can tell you they are very serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HNnVfF7IRI

we used to sing this dreary song at the summer camp I went to - now it makes me laugh. I think it kinda made me laugh in those days too.

I remember my mom dragging a bunch of tweens to this film in the cinema, they also showed a copy at a girl scout meeting.