Goodbye Jesus

If You Reject The Religion, Why Do You Still Accept Their Definition Of Morality?

MWLarry

I forgot to mention the bit about the ladies menses being also taught as an "unclean" untouchable period ('scuse the pun) of the month.

The reality is that the biblical authors had no frigging clue as to why this happened and was described as "her secret fountain" the menstrual cloths referred to in the opposition of righteousness aka our righteousness as filthy rags.

This is something women should not be embarrassed about and yet it does remain an issue of "that which shall not be named". Not saying you should wear a tee shirt proclaiming it but really as a society, we should move on from these ingrained lies and accept them as being perfectly normal.

As it is seen in the thread what was it like being a female xian, you girls really got it much worse than us males.

On behalf of us dicks, I formally apologize. Be consoled that you still got multiple orgasms when we really only got to pee standing up. :HaHa:

morality is as Florduh put it, influneced by more than just the religions of the world but by general socitey as a whole where the religions are influnced by the ideals of the society and our biology.

Regarding why the church places so much emphasis today on sexuality morality, the answer seems plainly obvious to me - it's all they have left. Think about it this way, original sin claims that we get more sinful which each passing generation. Materialistic evolution shows we get 'better' with each passing generation. Look at the world around us. While I'll admit there are still some very dark places where murder, genocide, and 'evil' flourish, by and large our culture is better and more civil than it was 20, 200, and 2000 years ago. We are getting better. The concept of original sin is in trouble unless the church can blind you of this fact and focus on the negative. This was always my biggest problem with church, so much focus on the negative just so they can make a desparate attempt to prove their point. But since studies show that non-believers are more moral than believers, and that life is CLEARLY more civil now than any time in the past, the only selling point they have left is sexual morality so they have to ram that point home.

I forgot to mention the bit about the ladies menses being also taught as an "unclean" untouchable period ('scuse the pun) of the month.

The reality is that the biblical authors had no frigging clue as to why this happened and was described as "her secret fountain" the menstrual cloths referred to in the opposition of righteousness aka our righteousness as filthy rags.

This is something women should not be embarrassed about and yet it does remain an issue of "that which shall not be named". Not saying you should wear a tee shirt proclaiming it but really as a society, we should move on from these ingrained lies and accept them as being perfectly normal.

Yeah, that's a pet peeve of mine. I have PMDD, which is like PMS on steroids so that without meds, I spend two weeks (the week before and the week of) paranoid, depressed, physically weak enough that sometimes I can barely stand up, and occasionally suicidal. I do get the stereotypical angry sometimes, but usually I just give up on life and think everyone hates me. And society tells me that I'm supposed to pretend it's not happening. That if any male notices there's something wrong, I'm not allowed to tell them why. It's ok to tell acquaintances and even strangers that you're coming down with a cold to explain why you keep blowing your nose, but you're not supposed to tell your male friends why you are incapable of having normal social interactions for a few days.

Luckily for me, most of my male friends are ok with me mentioning what's going on, though they all have different points at which they get grossed out. It really does make friendships a lot easier to maintain when you can tell them "hey, I'm going through a bit of a rough time right now and can't deal with this and don't want to be social, and it has nothing to do with you and no, there's no issues to talk about because it's all chemical; try again in a few days when it's worn off".

This was enough of an issue with my mom that for years I didn't know that the way I felt was abnormal, and didn't know there was anything I could do about it. I didn't get treated for it until after I was off my parents' insurance, and they still don't know that I'm on anything for it. I failed my classes one quarter in college because I couldn't make it to class and spent all my time curled up in a fetal position in the bathroom crying and wishing I'd just die. I had no idea that it was a medical problem and just assumed it was a moral failure on my part. I would have been a productive member of society much sooner if the topic wasn't so taboo that I didn't know I needed to see a doctor.

• Like 1