Goodbye Jesus

What's Really Important?

dB-Paradox

After watching a video of a baby laughing at the sound of ripping paper, and after thinking about the silliness, yet loveliness of the innocence of life, I can't help but wonder...if there is a god, why would worshipping it and constantly seeking it be more important that the truly beautiful things in life? Why take away from the real beauties only to have to become serious and somber about something that is uncertain? A baby's laugh creating pure joy is certain! Watching my girls play nicely together and having fun and getting a sense of pure happiness from that is certain! Looking for a god that might be there and might grant us eternal life is not certain at all, and in fact takes away from the beauties of life as we know it. Just had to post that.

It's easier to enjoy the small moments when you're not concerned how every thought and action fits into "god's plan and purpose."

The deities I'm aware of are far happier with me when I am enjoying life and the world present around me. I've even gotten "cosmic scoldings" for not being in the present moment and enjoying this life for what it is.

That said, I've never met the christian god, or any other versions of Abraham's god. And the stories make him sound like a total dick. So screw what he wants - enjoy happy children, fluffy kittens, wiggly puppies, flowers blooming, lightly falling rain, silliness, fantastic orgasms and chocolate.

Or anything else that makes you happy.

• Like 1