Goodbye Jesus

Heaven Is For Real

PandaPirate

Mr. Gortner is pretty much 100% responsible for my deconversion, but I would never tell him that. It would freak him out.

for shits and giggles: a very funny FaceBook page where some irate female apparently has an axe to grind>

Marjoe Gortner Appreciation Society

Goodbye Jesus

the human mind is a very powerful thing, this is a 4 year old who has been indoctrinated since the age of well pre-day 1 so lets think here. you have a small child who is easily influenced by their storys of the flood, jesus and his miricals. his dad's a preacher so he probly breaths christianity......mix this with a close death tramatic experince and what do you get? a subcouncious concouction of the child visiting heaven

ultimatly its a load of shit this kid did not visit heaven, well he did but it was a manifestation of the human mind. i wonder if he had been part of another religion would his heaven still be the same? likely not

I am married to a fundamentalist xtian wife who just got her hands on this book. She cannot stop talking about it and it is driving me somewhat crazy. I do not confront her beliefs at all (she is to precious) but this one is rough. "Why would a four year old lie? Just shows you that it it real". Nuts.

• Like 1

Guest Marty

I am married to a fundamentalist xtian wife who just got her hands on this book. She cannot stop talking about it and it is driving me somewhat crazy. I do not confront her beliefs at all (she is to precious) but this one is rough. "Why would a four year old lie? Just shows you that it it real". Nuts.

When I was 4 I wanted to be a Jedi like nothing else. I tried so hard to move things with my thoughts, and even though it never happened, it never stopped me from pretending it did work, and that I was a master at the light saber. I didn't lie about any of it though- I truly believed I was a Jedi, because I wanted to be one. As I got a little older I wanted to be a Ninja and Samurai as well.

If you ever think she's open to it, have her read THIS book:

0cb9e03ae7a08bdb9484b110.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

hardback available at amazon

it would become clear a 4 yr old can indeed lie. especially if he knows he is daddy's meal ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

My four year old lies ALL the time. He lies so he doesn't get into trouble. I see this kid "lying" just so his parents don't flip on him for not experiencing his parent's heavenly experience when he had his NDE. Four year olds aren't stupid, even if they can't distinguish between fantasy and reality.

• 2 weeks later...

And I have always just known things without knowing why I know them. Nothing to do with heaven.

Not an uncommon phenomena. Of course, in the religious world, its a spiritual gift or a sign of being possessed or a sign that you have "colluded with the evil one" or witchcraft... Funny how it can be so many things all at once...

These christians will listen to a little kids story without questioning it, but think the worlds most intelligent scientists are either wrong or lying about evolution?

**slaps forehead**