Goodbye Jesus

Pagan/heathen Fellowship

Outlaw393

You can see if there is a Unitarian Universalist church near you. It won't be people just like you, but it should be open to your beliefs and you could find other individuals like yourself. UU frequently has christian undertones but in a much more all encompassing way and usually incorporates different religions. I don't know where you are exactly, but in a google search I found one in Wassau and there is a website that lists the groups. http://cmwd-uua.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=172

I have considered this too, many times. This isn't really an option either. Also driving over 50 miles when gas is nearly 3.70 a gallon just isn't very...prudent.

Wausau is about an hour + north of me.

You could contact this book seller in Denver, Colorado, USA:

http://www.isisbooks.com/

When I lived in Denver, if anyone knew who to contact for meeting people (anywhere and any pagan services) this store front did. They may have info by e-mail, I dunno.

I do not know how involved they are these days with contacts but they should know of someone who knows someone who knows someone .... ?

• 3 weeks later...

Lately I've pretty much given up on finding a pagan religion that is compatible with any beliefs I have.

I don't believe 100% in Christianity. I don't share many of the beliefs my church has.

I'm also bored stiff with Christianity. I've decided however I'm going to wait after the first week of May after my church trip to make a definitive decision. And if I make a decision, I only hope I can stick with it this time.

In regards to Odinism, I've all but lost my faith. It doesn't seem to matter anyways, since the gods (if they're real) never seemed to care about me anyways.

Lately I've pretty much given up on finding a pagan religion that is compatible with any beliefs I have.

I don't believe 100% in Christianity. I don't share many of the beliefs my church has.

I'm also bored stiff with Christianity. I've decided however I'm going to wait after the first week of May after my church trip to make a definitive decision. And if I make a decision, I only hope I can stick with it this time.

In regards to Odinism, I've all but lost my faith. It doesn't seem to matter anyways, since the gods (if they're real) never seemed to care about me anyways.

There's a forum http://www.ecauldron.net/ with lots of people who will help you find which pagan religion might suit you. There's tons of different things you can believe! I found that I like pantheism the most. Many people just use the parts they like and create their own religion. I don't think there's such a thing as a pagan religion where everyone believes exactly the same thing, like in Christianity. Also, some there are still Christians but also believe in pagan gods. It doesn't make sense to me, but they find it comfortable so that's all that matters.

There's a forum http://www.ecauldron.net/ with lots of people who will help you find which pagan religion might suit you. There's tons of different things you can believe! I found that I like pantheism the most. Many people just use the parts they like and create their own religion. I don't think there's such a thing as a pagan religion where everyone believes exactly the same thing, like in Christianity. Also, some there are still Christians but also believe in pagan gods. It doesn't make sense to me, but they find it comfortable so that's all that matters.

Cool. Thanks

I feel like a black sheep sometimes because I think their belief in the "Holy ghost" might be the rising of human energy to make people dance, laugh, "get happy" and speak in tongues. They believe it's the spirit of God himself coming down.

I've recently started to think about this since you first wrote it, and I think it might be true. It's almost proven science now that we have some Chakra-like energy that can be manipulated, and things like meditation and intent affect the physical world. I was reading a book by one of the founders of modern Wicca, Scott Cunningham, and he said basically that intent is the most important part of magic. Also, this video shows some energy

One more thing: Regarding ANY pagan gods...I don't think they care about me. Because honestly since I started following Odin seriously I have had so many bad things happen to me it's not even cool anymore. Cryotanknotworthy.gif

I've heard Wiccans that the particular god has to choose you, so maybe it's possible you have the wrong one? Or maybe based on information about yourself people with experience could help you find a better one? I don't know much about that stuff, just a little from listening.

I've recently started to think about this since you first wrote it, and I think it might be true. It's almost proven science now that we have some Chakra-like energy that can be manipulated, and things like meditation and intent affect the physical world. I was reading a book by one of the founders of modern Wicca, Scott Cunningham, and he said basically that intent is the most important part of magic. Also, this video shows some energy

I've heard Wiccans that the particular god has to choose you, so maybe it's possible you have the wrong one? Or maybe based on information about yourself people with experience could help you find a better one? I don't know much about that stuff, just a little from listening.

If intent really affects the physical world, I need to learn how to harness it!

And I do feel Odin chose me. It's just within the past year or so that I took his mark and have noticed things have started to go downhill for me, with my health and financial situation. Then again I've heard from Odinists that if you are chosen by Odin it's both awesome and terrible, because the people he chooses are put through many hard trials. Especially those that take his mark.

I know all about the trials, but when will they end? I channeled Odin recently and he said that my trials will end soon. I really hope so.

I still see signs once in a while that the Allfather is still watching over me. Though to me he's cold and uncaring. Hence my issue with him. I see him in visions, dreams, during meditation sometimes, and I can channel him. :)

If intent really affects the physical world, I need to learn how to harness it!

I've been reading books from Lynne McTaggart. She take a very scientific approach to intent which is why I like it. There are lots of scientists who have proven in real experiments. But really you can do it just by meditating and visualizing your intentions. Much in the same way Jesus talked about 'believe that you have already recieved'. I got a lot of practice in that while I was a Christian, and it does work. Now instead of the bible god I believe the Universe does it.

I know all about the trials, but when will they end? I channeled Odin recently and he said that my trials will end soon. I really hope so.

That sounds hopeful. Things can't always be bad, life always has ups and downs. We just have to make sure to whatever we can to make life good for ourselves.

• 1 month later...

Fellowship is always an issue with pagan religions. Even when I found other pagans in my area, I rarely found anyone who followed the same tradition. Pagans these days are far-flung and a wiley bunch.

Exactly this.

I'm fortunate to live in an area with a very large Pagan community and a lot of Pagan activities (if you know where to look), but I don't know of anyone who has quite the same beliefs I do. Every group ritual still requires some negotiation and meeting in the middle.

I have considered this too, many times. This isn't really an option either. Also driving over 50 miles when gas is nearly 3.70 a gallon just isn't very...prudent.

I was going to suggest a UU church, also.

It may be worth visiting at least once. It could be that there are other members from your area who would like to carpool with you, or meet you halfway and drive from there or something.

I feel like a black sheep sometimes because I think their belief in the "Holy ghost" might be the rising of human energy to make people dance, laugh, "get happy" and speak in tongues. They believe it's the spirit of God himself coming down.

I've recently started to think about this since you first wrote it, and I think it might be true. It's almost proven science now that we have some Chakra-like energy that can be manipulated, and things like meditation and intent affect the physical world. I was reading a book by one of the founders of modern Wicca, Scott Cunningham, and he said basically that intent is the most important part of magic.

You might find some interesting things in this book as well:

Real Magic by Isaac Bonewits.

It's an oldie but a goodie.

And I do feel Odin chose me. It's just within the past year or so that I took his mark and have noticed things have started to go downhill for me, with my health and financial situation. Then again I've heard from Odinists that if you are chosen by Odin it's both awesome and terrible, because the people he chooses are put through many hard trials. Especially those that take his mark.

I've heard of some things like that happening before, actually.

I still see signs once in a while that the Allfather is still watching over me. Though to me he's cold and uncaring. Hence my issue with him. I see him in visions, dreams, during meditation sometimes, and I can channel him. :)

I've had some encounters with Gods that do not coddle, also. IMO there are different ways of caring. Not all of them involve "saving" you the way we have heard about in Christianity. I had one spiritual experience that made this point explicitly.

Oh yeah, I just remembered...

You might also find the Witches' Voice individual and group listings helpful.

• 1 month later...

Even though I am an atheist, I am very fond of some deities. Venus (or Aphrodite) the goddess of love, Anna Livia the Celtic river goddess and Gaia (or Demeter) the earth goddess. :) I do not see them as literal deities or anthropomorphic, I just see them for what they stand for. My signature reflect my fondness for Venus: "Love Conquers All"; I appreciate rivers and nature using the example of Anna Livia and I feel one with Earth.

I am not sure that witchvox is the best resource for finding other pagans... I have used it in the past and it always ended in disaster!

I am not sure that witchvox is the best resource for finding other pagans... I have used it in the past and it always ended in disaster!

Oh, that's not good.

It's one of the few fairly extensive online resources I know of, though.