Goodbye Jesus

Ray Comfort To Be On The Atheist Experience

Citsonga

I wasn't sure which forum this is best suited for, but since Ray Comfort is known for his creation evangelism I decided to put it here.

The Atheist Experience blog has announced that Ray is scheduled to do a phone conversation on the show:

http://atheistexperience.blogspot.com/

Here's the Atheist Experience website:

http://www.atheist-experience.com/

If Ray really does do the phone conversation, I'm sure it will be on YouTube next week. If Matt Dillahunty is a host on this episode, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll rip Ray's arguments to shreds.

Since Ray Comfort is such a lying douche bag, I am highly skeptical that he will follow through.

I could just as easily be wrong.

That being said, Ray has a Teflon coating and nothing Matt or Jeff says will matter much. Even if they serve his own liver to him, Comfort will probably turn around and tell his fundie funds providers about how he whipped those poor misguided ignorant atheists into shape.

I hope that Matt and Jeff are very eloquent, quick witted and unwilling to let Comfort get away with his B.S.

But I'm not going to get my hopes up that it will actually happen. I hope they have a plan B for Comfort's no-show.

Should be very interesting...I hope Matt and Jeff are hosting.

Oh this should be good, esp if Matt is hosting! I can't wait for my iTunes to download that episode! I'm sure Matt will rip him to shreds. :lmao:

Even thought Ray is a low-down sorry ass, mush mouth dumb ass, I feel sorry for him. Him vs Matt and Jeff is going to be like a lamb versus a sabertooth cat. He's going to get stomped so bad there'll be banana goo all over the monitors.

• Like 1

Even thought Ray is a low-down sorry ass, mush mouth dumb ass, I feel sorry for him. Him vs Matt and Jeff is going to be like a lamb versus a sabertooth cat. He's going to get stomped so bad there'll be banana goo all over the monitors.

:lmao: All the better to make banana bread.

I agree. And it would be even better if AronRa was also on it! ;)

I'm trying to decide between listening to this episode out of morbid curiosity or skipping that week's podcast to save my sanity.

I'm trying to decide between listening to this episode out of morbid curiosity or skipping that week's podcast to save my sanity.

I don't think Matt will let anything happen to your sanity. Besides, a little banana bread afterwards might help also. :lol:

I agree. And it would be even better if AronRa was also on it! ;)

Oh man, if it was Aron-Ra, it'd be like a lamb versus a Tyrannasaurus Rex. There'd be nothing left, and Kirk Cameron would have to get a real job.

If you goes through, he would probably just spit out rapid fire creationist arguments the entire time while completely ignoring the questions of the hosts. If he does, I pray to all that is unholy that Jeff would be co-hosting. "No, No! You're done!"

OOOOOhhhh this will be fun. I think I will probably just have an hour and whatever of facepalming.

But hey...maybe I'll learn something too!

Yay! It's gonna be bananaman time!

OOOOHHHH Did somebody say bananas!!!! WOOO HOOO

Well, it looks like Ray was in fact on the show. My daughter's birthday party was going on at the time, but I'm sure it'll be on YouTube soon (if it isn't already).

As predicted, Matt crushed the poor Bananaman. Banana puddin' for everyone.

I'm listening to that episode right now.

EDIT: I must be listening to the wrong one.

I listened to the show last night. I was disappointed that Jeff wasn't hosting with Matt.

Ray seemed to have an inability to even grasp what the hosts were trying to say, and he used the same lame arguments he always uses.

You should be able to get the whole show on iTunes or alike podcasting program. I didn't get to see it live, but I'm looking forward to listening to it on iTunes. :D

I didn't know they had full length on YouTube. I listened on iTunes and Matt was great.

I thought it was rather disappointing. He stayed on Comfort's turf the whole time. I don't think they prepared for the interview, just relied on basic arguments that Comfort was prepared for. If they had prepared, they could have no doubt backed him into a corner and then gotten off a zinger or two that would have had Comfort backpeddling. Instead, it was like listening to a college dorm debate between an atheist and an xian student.

If I were on Comfort's team, I could easily walk away from this debate thinking my guy won/held his own.

I don't think he walked way winning. I thought he looked like a total fool and I was waiting for the shoe to drop and cause a moment of sanity in Comfort. Just as it briefly does with my mother, it did with Comfort and then just as my mother does, he jumped right back into the insanity. Which, in my eyes, makes him look like a total fool. Comfort doesn't actually buy everything in the Bile like he makes out that he does and he even said it once with lucidity. Comfort didn't walk away winning any debate, converts, or anything.

I did expect Matt to be more forthcoming and put Ray more in the defensive mode, but I still think they showed weaknesses in Ray's arguments. Not as good of a program as I had expected, but still pretty good.

LoL the first 20 minutes was just Ray saying "Look at creation! Obviously a rational person would conclude there is a god duh!". I also thought it was fitting that they had a banana on the table :P