Goodbye Jesus

If Jesus "returned"

Ouroboros

I was thinking the other day about a situation that would be rather complex and confusing for Christians.

Let's say that one day, Jesus suddenly appears. He's floating down from the clouds and he speaks with a voice of thunder.

He starts his mission of healing people and announcing that he has come back to rescue the true believers. People are starting to repent in masses, and eventually the whole world has turned around and believe in Jesus. He's doing all these miracles and have a fabulous wisdom.

Everyone, including the Christians, are certain this is Jesus.

---

Now the truth is that a person (me of course ;) ) happens to know (of unknown reasons), that this is not Jesus, but an ET from an Alien race from outer space, that has studied us for years, and have a superiour technology and science. Their able to pull off all these tricks, and actually do real healings (by some fancy technology). And make all the pretended acts to fool us poor humans, in the attempt of taking control and dominance.

The Christians would not be able to tell the difference between the Alien Jesus and the "Real" Jesus. So even if Jesus "comes back", we wouldn't know if it was God or not.

---

So who/what is Jesus, and in what way would Jesus be different?

Comments?

The difference is that the alien would be real!

:lmao:

I kill me!

Actually, chances are, if that happened, he probably would be a shape shifting descendant of whomever Enki and Enlil really were, or whatever the names of the original aliens that toyed with us and broke the Prime Directive.

So we really will have now way to ever trust any appearance... except many will.. but will they be lead to slaughter and we'll be here going like WTF? oh, wow, WHEW, glad we didn't fall for it.

The thing is, there's no way any Jesus or imposter can come back and do all that's written in the Bible or other miracles/magic/whatever, and state that The Bible is True, as Written. They'd have to first say the Bible is ALL WRONG. Shit happened, but men toyed with it from day 100 and the Kings made them change things to their liking.

For any Jesus to be considered, he'd have to say that the NT was fabricated from the OT. Let him say Paul Tobin is Right, and all the others who've intellectually debunked all things in the book that people believe.

He starts his mission of healing people and announcing that he has come back to rescue the true believers. People are starting to repent in masses, and eventually the whole world has turned around and believe in Jesus. He's doing all these miracles and have a fabulous wisdom.

Everyone, including the Christians, are certain this is Jesus.

---

that this is not Jesus, but an ET from an Alien race from outer space, that has studied us for years, and have a superiour technology and science. Their able to pull off all these tricks, and actually do real healings (by some fancy technology). And make all the pretended acts to fool us poor humans, in the attempt of taking control and dominance.

The Christians would not be able to tell the difference between the Alien Jesus and the "Real" Jesus. So even if Jesus "comes back", we wouldn't know if it was God or not.

---

So who/what is Jesus, and in what way would Jesus be different?

Comments?

Hehe, trying to picture it now Hans.....and I got to admit that a lot of people would be fooled. Would I be, most likely to start, I think anyone who is awaiting the return of or something great , like Christ, would be fooled.....but it comes down to some basic reasoning:

Why would an alien or anything come here to accept praise or worship for doing great acts in someone elses name? I mean, is it because the ET is a false diety, wants eventual world domination, blah blah...because I think that this creature would sooner than later, expose its true self........so as you said, if the goal is world dominance, true colors show, works show, and true Christians would know this is not the Son of God.....

False prophets, false teachers, are a dime a dozen, thier works, or fruit, exposes them for who they really are , and true followers of Christ are made aware of it somehow, through the Holy Spirit, or whatever one wants to say.....

but as I stated, yup, I think initially you are right, many would stumble, follow blindly, but true believers would stop and know that this was not God before they got to far........

My take anyhow.....

Hehe, trying to picture it now Hans.....and I got to admit that a lot of people would be fooled. Would I be, most likely to start, I think anyone who is awaiting the return of or something great , like Christ, would be fooled.....but it comes down to some basic reasoning:

Why would an alien or anything come here to accept praise or worship for doing great acts in someone elses name? I mean, is it because the ET is a false diety, wants eventual world domination, blah blah...because I think that this creature would sooner than later, expose its true self........so as you said, if the goal is world dominance, true colors show, works show, and true Christians would know this is not the Son of God.....

False prophets, false teachers, are a dime a dozen, thier works, or fruit, exposes them for who they really are , and true followers of Christ are made aware of it somehow, through the Holy Spirit, or whatever one wants to say.....

but as I stated, yup, I think initially you are right, many would stumble, follow blindly, but true believers would stop and know that this was not God before they got to far........

My take anyhow.....

He'd be coming back for his 2000 year check up. Should be here some time after 2030 if their calcs are right. We can all say "Wow, Jesus, you haven't changed a bit" when he shows up with holes in his hands and a puncture in his side.

I think this plot would be really good for a SciFi movie. Could be just as good as "V"... :lmao:

Ah, but the bible tells us that satan can disguise himself as an angel of light.

And, that satan knows the scriptures.

What if it's SATAN who comes in the clouds of heaven with his minions, looking just like Jesus, in order to trick all the "true christians" into following him?

He's VERY clever, that old dude.

Better be on your toes, thumpers.

would be better than "V"

By the time they realize it's faux Jesus, it'll be too late

their eucharists will have already been tainted and once someone is brainwashed, it's easy to chemically induce even more

sorry to deviate from the "alien" theme.

Just thought I'd put a wrinkle in it.

Hell, it could be an alien who's pretending to be Jesus who is really demonically possessed or something.

Well, it could.

intercepted and replaced on the hyperspace bypass

Hmmm...

Got a StarGate thingy going on here.

If the alien brought all that good, sans eternal life (heaven) then would it matter if be believed it?

People have fallen for lesser saviors (political figures) that did only harm.

My take anyhow.....

It could be for the reason of world domination or just playing a big prank on us. Maybe two different families from Ursa Major made a bet? They could play this out for a very long time, even generations. They could do this for hundreds of years. Maybe never reveal the truth, or expose the plot.

And would Christians really know? By the Holy Spirits guidance? I'd say with, what is it now, 47,000 different denominations claiming to have the Holy Whole Truth, it sounds that only a very few denominations (the truly True ones) would have a direct link with God and know it was fake, if God exists. This would be the best test to check who was the true Christian. The ones that wouldn't accept the Alien Jesus.

The Christian should ask himself if he would know the truth. Because we're talking about a superior being, that can produce every possible feat to imitate the common image of how Jesus supposedly should be. We're not talking about them giving a "new gospel", but imitating enough to make sure everyone thought it was the "true" Jesus.

Even today, most Christians fall for "false" prophets all the time. Regarless how rigtheous they are or how much they pray or how much they're supposedly led by the Holy Spirit. I've seen it first hand, many times.

So what would give it away? What would make a Christian know that it was false, besides a "Holy Spirit" that revealed it to them?

Now the truth is that a person (me of course  ) happens to know (of unknown reasons), that this is not Jesus, but an ET from an Alien race from outer space, that has studied us for years, and have a superiour technology and science. Their able to pull off all these tricks, and actually do real healings (by some fancy technology). And make all the pretended acts to fool us poor humans, in the attempt of taking control and dominance.

Hey, yeah, Jesus is really Q! That explains everything!

:funny:

Hey, yeah, Jesus is really Q!  That explains everything!

Blasphemy! Q is real, and Jesus is not! :vent:

:HaHa:

I think their theology already has something like this covered. :mellow:

If I'm not mistaken, even if we do get somebody that shows up working miracles, healing'n stuff, and bringing peace, the theology already has such a character labeled as the anti-christ. :shrug:

I think their theology already has something like this covered. :mellow:

If I'm not mistaken, even if we do get somebody that shows up working miracles, healing'n stuff, and bringing peace, the theology already has such a character labeled as the anti-christ. :shrug:

But they wouldn't know if it was anti-christ or not.

Say that the real Jesus (if he exists) would return. Doing miracles, healing, floating down from the sky on the cloud. On the outside looking the same. Doing the same things. Saying the same things. Would they deem the real Jesus (if he exists) as Anti-Christ?

The point is... they can't know, and wouldn't know. So it would split Christians up in two sections, the ones believing in real Jesus or fake Jesus, and the ones that don't.

And relying on the Holy Spook (or Holy Spock) telling them, you can see from experience, doesn't work too well.

He'd be coming back for his 2000 year check up.  Should be here some time after 2030 if their calcs are right.  We can all say "Wow, Jesus, you haven't changed a bit" when he shows up with holes in his hands and a puncture in his side.

I can't wait 'til he does the Oprah show! It'll be "Wildest Dreams" without the corporate participation!

So what would give it away? What would make a Christian know that it was false, besides a "Holy Spirit" that revealed it to them?

Well, they'll fall for -- you know, a few years ago, Benny Hinn "prophecied" that Christ himself was going to make an appearance one day at one of his miracle conferences (having been told so himself by the Great One) -- so, the spirit-filled miracle-maniacs (like 85% of all Christians) are ripped and ready for The Christ Show.

Blasphemy! Q is real, and Jesus is not!

Well, yeah. That's what I meant. I wouldn't put that kind of a prank past Q, either.

:P

Well, yeah.  That's what I meant.  I wouldn't put that kind of a prank past Q, either.

:scratch: That's true! Q is like Thurisaz' Loki. A real tricky character...

My take anyhow.....

Let me get this correct; you would resort to reason in determining if it is Jesus. Note that you did not mention anything about faith. Never is it referenced in the bible that the "real Jesus" can be determined by using reason alone.

Enlighten me on this: as a christian, why did you not follow christian doctrine of faith alone and rely solely upon faith for your answer?

:grin: Hello HanSolo!

It seems your 'alien being' would have me highly suspicious, because there are those, like me, that believe the Christ is coming back in a 'corporate body'... not a 'single person'! The Bible says if anyone should point to 'a man' and say here is the Christ or there is the Christ... he is lying.

However, I agree with you HanSolo... your idea would probably make a great scifi movie/book though! Scary! :scratch: Now that you've brought it up... it will be interesting if we see it coming out in a year or two. Who will take your idea and run with it... me? :Hmm::HaHa:

:grin: Hello HanSolo!

It seems your 'alien being' would have me highly suspicious, because there are those, like me, that believe the Christ is coming back in a 'corporate body'... not a 'single person'! The Bible says if anyone should point to 'a man' and say here is the Christ or there is the Christ... he is lying.

However, I agree with you HanSolo... your idea would probably make a great scifi movie/book though! Scary!  :scratch: Now that you've brought it up... it will be interesting if we see it coming out in a year or two. Who will take your idea and run with it... me?  :Hmm:   :HaHa:

Amanda! Haven't heard from you in a while. :wave:

Well, put it this way. If the majority consensus of Christians had a different view than I described, the aliens would know that and would have this "Returning Jesus" project simulate that situation instead. Let's say I was working for the Alien race and would go around and interview all Christians in the world and collect the image of how Jesus should behave when he comes back.

The trouble is that this Alien race would be able to copy and imitate any kind of "Returning Jesus" that you would think of. They would be able to create the perfect picture of how you and the rest of the Christian Church would like to see Jesus, and I'm certain that there would be more Christians falling for this hoax, than skeptics. But probably most skeptics would also "convert". It would take a really hard-core skeptic to not believe in a visible miracle of this kind.

And the movie idea, take it and run with it. I'd like to see it. :)

My take anyhow.....

When it comes down to it ~ isn't having the entire world bow before him in submission just what the son of god is after? Why should the alien who wants this also, have some kind of 'true colour' that marked him out from the 'real deal'.

You think he must have some terrible tendency that would reveal the fact he wasn't Jesus? ... Maybe the alien would be such a terrible despot that he would throw anyone who didn't want to follow him in a burning pit of fire ... I guess that would mark him out ... oh no wait .....