Goodbye Jesus

If Jesus "returned"

Ouroboros

:lmao:

I don't know why, but this reminded me of Austin Powers.

Dr. Evil, Mini-me, and Fat Bastard (the trinity) all got together one day. They devised a plan whereby they could force all of mankind to worship them.

Fat Bastard: "how we gonna do it, Dr Evil?" "how can we force all mankind to fall down and worship us?"

Mini-me: "I know - we can take the ones who won't worship us and throw em into a burning pit and burn em up!"

Dr. Evil: "no, no. Has to be something that'll really scare em. If they won't fall down and worship us, we'll make it so they'll burn, only for ETERNITY!! Bwahaaahaaa!

Austin Powers, where are you? Save us from this evil menace!

And now to the real kicker...

How can we be sure that this is not what happened 2000 years ago?

Let's say that I would (reluctantly :grin: ) admit that a person called Jesus did exist, and he did die and was resurrected, had disciples, cured people, did miracles and talked a lot. Let's say it was the same alien race, and not only did they influence with some brain-radio-waves the followers to write certain books, and the aliens have guided the community over the years, and even are in the works to implement the final touch to their master plan.

How would a Christian know that this is not what happened?

(Just to point out, I'm not a Raelian. ;) )

It all could be just the plot in a master scheme for taking control over our world, or maybe to settle a bet, or maybe it's a game that's being played.

what would YOU do if you and your best friend went to another planet and found a race similar to ours, 2000 years ago, and 6000 years ago?

We don't have genetic engineering capabilities, but maybe we would have that before we ever get to fly to another inhabited planet since genetic engineering we CAN do >here<, don't have to go anywhere.

But say we found this planet of homo erectus types, we plant a garden, and find one of their females. We become their Adam, and Eve's offspring will be half human.

Fast forward a few thousand years, we either have another ship coming to look for us, or our decendants, and they can't stand what happened to their/our insemination, they still haven't grown much and are still impressionable. So we stage this event.

And the rest, as they say, is History. Who knows if the ancestors are still among us, maybe they're living in China and Japan all these years

If the reason for the charade is world domination, why go through all the effort? If they have the technology to pull that off, surely they have the technology to subjugate humans through force?

It all could be just the plot in a master scheme for taking control over our world, or maybe to settle a bet, or maybe it's a game that's being played.

HanSolo, maybe it was a plot to bring a world into being humble, to respect ALL, and to have love, compassion, and mercy for all around the world. Maybe he came to direct this emphasis to the religous right, because he could see they needed it the most. Maybe?

Of course, that best selling book has already been written. I like your other idea better. That's more original! :wink: The only problem for me, I'm not a writer...

but someone out there lurking in the wings has seen this great idea... and it could show up in our local bookstores next year or two!

muwahahahaha :wicked:

If the reason for the charade is world domination, why go through all the effort?  If they have the technology to pull that off, surely they have the technology to subjugate humans through force?

That's not the point of the question. The question is not "is this a good way to get world domination", but "if, for whatever reasons, aliens posing as Jesus, would the Christian's be able to know the truth".

Totally different issues.

Sure, aliens could just attack us and put a microchip in our brain, and they could do other things, but that's a completely different discussion.

If the reason for the charade is world domination, why go through all the effort?  If they have the technology to pull that off, surely they have the technology to subjugate humans through force?

Too messy... Too much loss :mellow:

That's why they've devised a plan (theology) that makes people want to be subjugated. :scratch:

And now to the real kicker...

How can we be sure that this is not what happened 2000 years ago?

Let's say that I would (reluctantly :grin: ) admit that a person called Jesus did exist, and he did die and was resurrected, had disciples, cured people, did miracles and talked a lot. Let's say it was the same alien race, and not only did they influence with some brain-radio-waves the followers to write certain books, and the aliens have guided the community over the years, and even are in the works to implement the final touch to their master plan.

How would a Christian know that this is not what happened?

(Just to point out, I'm not a Raelian. ;) )

Whats really funny, is thats what the Rosa Cruxians(spl?) believe. Jesus was an alien, hence the miracles, and when he ascended to heaven, it was a spaceship picking him up since his time on earth was done. And when he speaks of God, he either means Yahweh or another race mabey... Either way its rather interesting.