Goodbye Jesus

Geneology?

crazy-tiger

The problem with this debate is that you are approaching a Jewish understanding and usage of genealogy with a western, rationalistic approach.

The genealogies mean something in the names that were used. They are not trying to portray any kind of literal passing of generations in a dogmatic progressive manner. The purposes were to show Jesus' lineage to kings and the first man Adam. Nothing else is being done and to try to compare the two is missing the whole point.

OOOOH, so when they say "son of" they don't really mean "son", they mean "was human and therefore slightly related to Jesus in some way or another"....my bad.

• 1 month later...

The problem with this debate is that you are approaching a Jewish understanding and usage of genealogy with a western, rationalistic approach.

The genealogies mean something in the names that were used. They are not trying to portray any kind of literal passing of generations in a dogmatic progressive manner. The purposes were to show Jesus' lineage to kings and the first man Adam. Nothing else is being done and to try to compare the two is missing the whole point.

OOOOH, so when they say "son of" they don't really mean "son", they mean "was human and therefore slightly related to Jesus in some way or another"....my bad.

I don,t know about you guys, but I love simplicity. I find the arguments all so complicated and convoluted. Surely, God is not a God of confusion? If He wants us all to believe sooo much then why doesn,t he make it easier for us to see? To me it is pretty plain what it says. Come on Christians........help me out , why all the contorted reasoning?

Frankly it's all moot to me.

Why bother with the geneology when the Bible can't even get it geography correct.