Goodbye Jesus

What Other Belief Systems Or Religions Have You Explored?

Xerces

Just out of curiosity, Christians, have you studied other beliefs or taken the time to learn about other religions and cultures, traditions, and so on, or is Christianity the sole significant source of your "spiritual inclinations"?

Nope just lame old christianity for me. I was interested in pagan religions after deconverting but I didn't really know how to get involved in any.

Before I became a Christian I read up on a lot of different religions. I would say I have a good idea about what they all teach but I might not be completely familiar with all the intrinsic details. Once I became a Christian, I considered myself quite the apologist since I was familiar with the world religions but I think I was a rare breed. Most people do not spend time investigating anything other than straw men representations of a religion, if they do it all that is.

Before I got sucked into the fundamentalist Christian cult, I was inclined toward New Age beliefs. These days I very much appreciate the practical and spiritual wisdom found in the Eastern religions. I frequently read the Gita and the Upanishads and I love the writings of Eknath Easwaran. His books are a joy to read, IMHO.