Goodbye Jesus

Slain in the spirit

Panther

Yes, our church went through the Toronto blessing phase. The slaying thing only happened once to me, but it was a doozie. The visiting speaker was really into it; in his church people were going down like flies all the time. He used to do it remotely, by just tossing a handkerchief at someone and down they'd go. I even saw him pray for someone with their eyes closed, and their back to him...he waved his hand, and down they went. Pretty amazing, but I have also seen Derren Brown do the same thing. That guy is a genius; you should watch out for his shows. They're a mixture of pschology, illusion and showmanship. He can do cold readings and auto-suggestion like no-one I've ever seen. Fantastic. Interestingly, he's an ex-christian too.

But I digress. When I went down that time, I just started laughing uncontrollably. I suddenly got a mental image of the Pope cartwheeling down the aisle of a cathedral and laughed and laughed. I laughed for 45 minutes straight, and it was one of the most cleansing experiences of my life. I no longer attribute this to God. Nowadays when I get really stressed I sometimes go off somewhere and laugh hysterically for a while, and it helps - more fun than crying too.

Eccles1:2 suddenly got a mental image of the Pope cartwheeling down the aisle of a cathedral

With or without his hat? :lmao:

The thought of it has me crack'n up :rotfl:

I agree, some churches really push this subject even to the point where you feel not normal in a sense. This was one of the hardest things for me. There is though a fault in any religion, they tend to pacify the doctrine, or system of the church or branch instead of the word of God. This is a very serious condition for followers of Christ. Followers have to have there on relationship by God, and not worry about what others expect or feel is appropriate. This is difficult to many current Christians, and was even to myself. The ultimate thing is to keep focus on God. I was so worried that I would be a hypocrite if I when up and fell out, So I didnt for a long time. I never have been under this type of "slaying" except when I didnt actually go up there for it. I went up to seek Gods answer for me, the pastor layed hands on me, and went to another person. While focusing on god, I felt something come over me, and I began shaking profusely. Honestly though, many churches had adopted this type of thing to every service, and expect these things to happen. Well, Ive got bad/good news for them.Bad news is if they are seeking a "feel good" experience then thats what they will get only. If they are seeking Gods passing of the Holy Spirit then thats what they will get, and it is the most revealing experience I have ever had, I went to my car after that and prayed about this graceful experience for about 2 hrs.

So, I guess you aer hinting that I went to a "false" church and that I was looking for a "feel good" experience. My old church was Charismatic, but their ultimate focus was God and doing his will. I knowyou believe you were touched by God during your experience, but it was only your mind. It is not something I can explain in words, but being on both sides of the Christian fence I can assure that no one is being touched by a supernatural entity.

With or without his hat?  :lmao:

The thought of it has me crack'n up  :rotfl:

I hope he stuck the landing. He would've scored a perfect 10.0

:Medal:

It just never ceases to amaze me how the power of our own minds can so strongly convince us of something we really WANT to believe.

Hence, this whole topic.

ANYTHING of that much mind control just screams "cult" to me.....

Actually, right before I left, I read a good article on cults and their control. When I saw myself and others in that article, I figured it was time to high tail it.....