Goodbye Jesus

Suicide

Brother Jeff

Fingers crossed for you, Bro Jeff! Don't let the damn fucking bastard get you down! Nobody else can make a contribution in this world like you do, Jeff. :) We're all in behind for you to claim victory over this horrific depression.

I am glad to see you are checking into the hospital. Jeff, you are a fun and interesting person. You love so many things besides us here on this site, too! Remember how much you love hiking and taking in the beauty of the wilderness!

Very much hoping the best for you. Please keep us posted when you can.

Get well Jeff!

I'm in the ER at Providence Hospital in Anchorage. Waiting to go upstairs to the psych ward for about a week's stay. I have been admitted, just waiting for space to be available. If they let me have my netbook upstairs, I'll keep y'all updated as much as possible.

I feel better just knowing that I am where I need to be to get the help I need and so grateful to have so many wonderful friends. :)

When I got here, I had strong urges to leave and just go get it over with. I let them know that, which I am sure helped get me admitted.

I'm in the ER at Providence Hospital in Anchorage. Waiting to go upstairs to the psych ward for about a week's stay. I have been admitted, just waiting for space to be available. If they let me have my netbook upstairs, I'll keep y'all updated as much as possible.

I feel better just knowing that I am where I need to be to get the help I need and so grateful to have so many wonderful friends. :)

When I got here, I had strong urges to leave and just go get it over with. I let them know that, which I am sure helped get me admitted.

Yay, Ya -hoo! :bounce:You're in the right place to get better!!! Take care brother! love to you, from me Margee!!

I was typing up a post when I saw that you went ahead and got help, I'm glad you made the right decision, we'll be here when you get back, stay strong and get better!

• Super Moderator

Good for you, Jeff, for getting yourself help AND for not leaving once you got to the hospital even though you wanted to. You've got strength! Looking forward to your posts -- whenever you can. Take care.

You'll do great, I know you will.

Hey, man. 5 years ago, I was in a hospital for the same reasons. I don't have any advice to give, but if nothing else, look at all the people on this site who care about you. That alone should mean something. I'm sure there are more outside of the world of online pals who care just just as much, if not more. Recovery can be a long, lonely road, but when you know there are people out there who care, it makes the agony of depression a bit less insufferable. I wish you all the best, man.

• Like 4

(((Jeff)))

This may be too late for you to read right away if you don't get a netbook, but hang in there, bro! I'm glad you checked in.

Well done mate, this shit isn't easy but I'm glad you found enough care for yourself to get your ass in there. We are all thinking of you Jeff :)

Whatever it takes, things will get better, they might not be perfect, but living means things can always get better, i'm glad you're getting help Jeff

I hope the hospital you're in is a great one and I really wish you the best of luck fighting depression. I know what its like to be stuck with this bitch of a disease and I hope you know you're not alone in this fight.

If you can get into a mental hospital, stay there for as long as you need.

Good luck Jeff... I am glad you are where you are! I battled with similar feelings myself though each of our experiences and thoughts are different. I wish you nothing but positive feelings. Good luck my Brother, Glory!

Really glad to hear it Jeff. You found the strength to do the right thing, and it's going to be tough but there are people who want to help you.

Please, keep us updated if you can.

You have done the right thing by getting professional help, Jeff. For many of us on this forum, we don't feel like we are living up to our potential for a variety of reasons.

I sometimes wonder whether the "successful" ones re actually driven by a fear of not measuring up or something. Perhaps we are the healthy ones?

You have many friends here Jeff. Get well. You are good enough for all of us, just as you are.

Jeff, I am so proud of you for this. You have already shown that you CAN get better. Most people who end up in a situation like that get put there by other people. But you saw the problem, and you cared enough about yourself to to action. These are excellent signs.

A Big hug to you. And congratulations to your poor tired Liver for having the week off.

Excellent! Great news!!

Brother Jeff, I'm glad you checked yourself in.

Jeff,

I am serious when I say please look into some nutritional help. I think if you gave your body what it needs nutritionally, it could change some things on the cellular level and maybe you wouldn't go into such a DEEP depression. (That is not the same as taking an entire bottle of kava in six hours.) If you could see a nutritionist who knows about drug interaction etc with supplements it could help. I feel bad for you. Don't give up.

I was also going to mention this. First, start with some basic EFA's. Take fish oil pills as this can really help (I work with troubled youth and our agency gives the kids EFA's to help with mood disorders). Take a multi-vitamin about 5 days a week. There's more, but start with that. Doctors are too quick to shove meds in peoples face and a lot of the time, these things do nothing or make it worse. Sometimes, they work, but sometimes, you need a more natural solution. Also, make sure you're exercising on a regular basis.

There were several Facebook posts from Jeff when I logged in this morning. He said he is in the hospital and getting better. He's encountered the same internet filter problem in the hospital that I had when I was in the nursing home for rehabilitation after my hip surgery so he cannot access this site. He asked one of his Ex-C friends to post and tell everyone that he is alive and that he may be released on Tuesday. Glory! :)

There were several Facebook posts from Jeff when I logged in this morning. He said he is in the hospital and getting better. He's encountered the same internet filter problem in the hospital that I had when I was in the nursing home for rehabilitation after my hip surgery so he cannot access this site. He asked one of his Ex-C friends to post and tell everyone that he is alive and that he may be released on Tuesday. Glory! :)

Thank you for the update, noob!

Jeff, I know you can't see this right now, but I'll write it for when you get back. I'm glad you realized that what you really want is for the pain to stop. That was a big factor in my self-injury, too. It's great that you were able to get to a place that can help you... that shows real inner strength.

Take good care. Like someone mentioned upthread, I've also heard a lot of good coming from Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. I hope you feel better soon.

Jeff, manic-depression sucks ass. Straight up. I know from experience. Well to be honest, I often enjoyed the mania. But I am not going to coddle your ass. Yes, the depression sucks, but it will pass in time. I know it, and you know it. Get your shit together.

Glory! This has made my Spook SO happy!

*happy dance*

Praise the Lard!

If you can noob - Please pass on a big hug to Jeff from me!