Goodbye Jesus

Suicide

Brother Jeff

• Super Moderator

There were several Facebook posts from Jeff when I logged in this morning. He said he is in the hospital and getting better. He's encountered the same internet filter problem in the hospital that I had when I was in the nursing home for rehabilitation after my hip surgery so he cannot access this site. He asked one of his Ex-C friends to post and tell everyone that he is alive and that he may be released on Tuesday. Glory! :)

Thank you so much noob!

Jeff, looking forwarding to seeing you on here again soon! I know it's been tough for you lately, but you showed just how tough and smart you are when you got the help you needed! Good for you! Hang in there!

There were several Facebook posts from Jeff when I logged in this morning. He said he is in the hospital and getting better. He's encountered the same internet filter problem in the hospital that I had when I was in the nursing home for rehabilitation after my hip surgery so he cannot access this site. He asked one of his Ex-C friends to post and tell everyone that he is alive and that he may be released on Tuesday. Glory! :)

This is great news, Noob. Thanks for passing it on.

I guess it's true then. They don't have Ex-C in the joint.

Look at all these people saying these things. Disgusting.

Jeff, what are you doing to take care of yourself? Huh? Tell me.

Do you have a job?

Are you taking medication?

Are you keeping a regular sleep schedule?

Are you laying off caffeine and alcohol?

Just what the fuck are YOU doing to take care of yourself?!

Do you have a job?

Legion, I'm confused by your post. Is this a tough love approach? Do you know Jeff well enough to know that in his fragile state that this will be helpful and not harmful?

• Like 1

Legion, I'm confused by your post. Is this a tough love approach?

Yes, it's tough love. I see Jeff and I almost see myself. There were many years where I essentially refused to do anything about my manic-depression because I think some part of me enjoyed "riding the beast". But this was not right. It wasn't good for me and it wasn't good for my family. When they weren't tolerating my manic states, they were worried sick that I might hurt myself in the pit of a depression.

But you know what? I grew up. I took responsibility for my illness and began to do things to mitigate it. There are now many medicines out there for manic-depression. Diet and sleep are critical too. I keep a very regular sleep schedule now and I've vastly curbed my consumption of caffeine and alcohol.

I want to know what Jeff is doing along these lines. For Jeff AND his family.

• Like 1

Legion, I'm confused by your post. Is this a tough love approach?

Yes, it's tough love. I see Jeff and I almost see myself. There were many years where I essentially refused to do anything about my manic-depression because I think some part of me enjoyed "riding the beast". But this was not right. It wasn't good for me and it wasn't good for my family. When they weren't tolerating my manic states, they were worried sick that I might hurt myself in the pit of a depression.

But you know what? I grew up. I took responsibility for my illness and began to do things to mitigate it. There are now many medicines out there for manic-depression. Diet and sleep are critical too. I keep a very regular sleep schedule now and I've vastly curbed my consumption of caffeine and alcohol.

I want to know what Jeff is doing along these lines. For Jeff AND his family.

Legion, thanks for your response. It helps me understand. Would you mind telling me what caused you to take charge of your illness and find ways to manage it? Was there a specific catalyst? Was it an internal change or did something external happen that changed your point of view?

Noob I'm not entirely sure what happened. I suppose it was mainly a slow awakening that riding the beast was not good for me and I saw the burden my illness was for others.

Let me add this too. I've been hard on Jeff here. But it would not help matters if he was to begin blaming himself too much for things because blaming yourself can cause depression. But one way or another, from the things I've seen from him over the years, the time is NOW to pull it together.

What specifically disgusts you, you holier-than-thou prick? :loser:

I think your kind of love is the last thing Bro Jeff needs.

• Like 4

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. :Wendywhatever:

Edit: Did you even read what else I wrote? You want to come into a serious thread like this with personal cheap shots? wow

Noob I'm not entirely sure what happened. I suppose it was mainly a slow awakening that riding the beast was not good for me and I saw the burden my illness was for others.

Let me add this too. I've been hard on Jeff here. But it would not help matters if he was to begin blaming himself too much for things because blaming yourself can cause depression. But one way or another, from the things I've seen from him over the years, the time is NOW to pull it together.

Everyone's depression is different, what works for you won't necessarily work for everyone else. It ain't a one size fits all deal young Legion. Serious depression is not a result of poor diet, poor exercise or stinking thinking. It is a hard core cunt of a thing which gives you little to no choice regarding the depth of grief you feel, and sometimes takes over making you believe the only relief is the permanent one.

You always say Legion that you want to understand, the first step towards that is to realise that other people are not you.

• Like 3

Alright I've about had it with you yahoos who have nothing better to do than to come in to this serious thread and grind your various axes with me. If you really must, have to, can't wait, to stick one in Legion, please save it for some other thread.

Alright I've about had it with you yahoos who have nothing better to do than to come in to this serious thread and grind your various axes with me. If you really must, have to, can't wait, to stick one in Legion, please save it for some other thread.

I have been restraining myself with you Legion. Here and elsewhere lately. Something has gone on with you but I wish you would stop taking it out on us.

• Like 2

I have been restraining myself with you Legion. Here and elsewhere lately. Something has gone on with you but I wish you would stop taking it out on us.

I feel great these days Deva. But I do have some things going on in my life at the moment that make me realize how short life is. I suppose my bullshit tolerance has been lowered. You know?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. :Wendywhatever:

Edit: Did you even read what else I wrote? You want to come into a serious thread like this with personal cheap shots? wow

Yes, I read it all. It did not mitigate the offense very much, if any. Who is talking about cheap shots, Legion? Did you have to diss everyone else before you unlocked your trove of wisdom?

If you want to discuss this further, it will have to be PM. I respect Brother Jeff too much to besmirch his thread with any more acrimony. Maybe I should have just let your pimp-smack pass, but you are a bit much to bear at times, and I'm human like everyone else here.

I feel great these days Deva. But I do have some things going on in my life at the moment that make me realize how short life is. I suppose my bullshit tolerance has been lowered. You know?

What? A bad diagnosis, or just a realization of the fact? Legion, I wish you would just come out with it instead of all this other stuff.

One person's bullshit could be another's revelation.

Alright fine, I'm out. At least I tried. But ask yourself this. When will Jeff become depressed yet again? Yet again! Will he actually off himself next time?

I've said words that I thought need to be said. I have no regrets.

Do you have a job?

1%20%2825%29.jpg

Back on track, please!

Or I close this thread.

To address the original topic:

Jeff, I wish you nothing but the best. I hope that you find the inner courage to deal with whatever struggles are in your life right now.

I suppose Legion is kicking Jeff's butt like he wished someone had kicked his butt. I wouldn't personally kick Jeff's butt, but Legion seems pretty confident so maybe the balance between those who are compassionate and those who are using tough love will help Jeff out. Only Jeff can answer that.

• Like 1

Been a week since he logged in...anybody hear anything?

Look at noob's post :)

Thanks everybody for your concern and love and encouragement. Very much appreciated!

I am home now and have unpacked and enjoyed an Amy's pizza and some candy. Made love to my three cat spouses.

I am by no means "well", but I am feeling much better than I was last Monday. I have followup appointments setup to see a psychiatrist and a psychologist within the next week.

The most interesting thing that came out of this hospitalization was learning that what was observed over the week by the staff there does not match with bipolar disorder. I've had reason to question that diagnosis before, but now it seems pretty firmly concluded that I am not bipolar. The psychiatrist at the hospital was wonderful and took the time that was needed to talk to me and answer my questions. She said that in her opinion I have some kind of personality disorder going on -- which one to be determined outpatient. She said the good news about that was that personality disorders involve learned behaviors that lead to life problems and to crises such as what I just experienced. Since those behaviors are learned, then they can be unlearned. Better, healthier patterns of thinking and behaving in the world can be substituted over time for the bad ones that have given me and those who care about me so much grief. I am REALLY looking forward to getting into therapy and doing the work it takes to get better on a much more permanent basis.

I know a lot is going to have to change to avoid another crisis. I am going to be much more communicative and open with my family and friends about how I'm feeling and where I'm at mentally and they will be involved along with me in the care I receive from my new doctors.

I feel very loved, amazed, and honored to have such great friends around here. I truly wish that I could give each one of you a BIG hug in real life. Thank you SO MUCH!!

Since I can't offer real life hugs, I am beseeching the Magic Sky Man in each of your behalfs, asking that He would magically embrace you with a glorious and special kind of fart that could only have come from Him. Glory! :grin:

• Like 4

Welcome back! Several years ago, I sunk into a horrible depression and was diagnosed as bipolar after an unsuccessful suicide attempt. The drugs they gave me to treat the disorder made everything worse. After talking to my family practice doctor, he had me tested for diabetes on a hunch. Turned out I didn't have a personality disorder. I was going through bizarre mood swings and behaviors when my blood sugar crashed. Anyway, the point is, there is also the chance you have something that is very easily treatable that has gone undetected and isn't something a mental health counselor can help you with, so get yourself checked out by a regular doctor, too. Hormonal imbalance, blood sugar imbalance, liver problems, and many other conditions can affect your mind much like a mental health or personality disorder.

• Like 1

Jeff,

Good to have you back! I used to write some when depressed, and still have some of it stored away. When I happen to read that stuff now, it's like seeing a shadow of myself that no longer exists. I'm so glad you have another chance at life and inner peace. Not necessarily wishing you a fast recovery, but a thorough and lasting recovery. Take care.

• Like 2