Goodbye Jesus

Suicide

Brother Jeff

I sent a thank you card along with this letter to the Providence Adult Mental Health Unit today. I don't expect to get a personal response back from them, but I hope they will know and understand how much they and the help they gave to me mean to me.

May 25, 2011

To everyone at the Providence Hospital Adult Mental Health Unit:

A simple “thank you” doesn't even begin to express how grateful I am to every staff member there who helped me through a very painful time in my life. You helped save a life – my life, and you have helped me learn coping skills that I know will serve me well for many years to come.

Heidi, Nikki, Donna, Laura, Judy, Peter, Claire, Stephanie, Jamie, Kristen, Drs. Visner, Roskin and Johnson, Father Christopher – with sincere apologies to anyone I forgot to mention – you all are going to get a GREAT BIG HUG from me (if you're comfortable with it) should we happen to cross paths out in the community.

heart-thumb-autox379-56723.jpg

I'm really looking forward to getting into therapy. I know I have a lot of hard work ahead of me in therapy sessions to come and I know some major changes need to happen in my thinking patterns and behavior toward myself and others, but thanks to all of you I am here – alive – to do the work and make it happen. And, I learned that it is okay to cry in group. Nobody is gonna bleed or die should that occur. :grin:

Sincerely and with gratitude beyond words,

Really glad to know that the distress tolerance handout is helpful to others too. I emailed it to my mom and she really liked it as well. :)

Glory!

Glad you are feeling better, Jeff. :woohoo:

I sent a thank you card along with this letter to the Providence Adult Mental Health Unit today. I don't expect to get a personal response back from them, but I hope they will know and understand how much they and the help they gave to me mean to me.

May 25, 2011

A simple “thank you” doesn't even begin to express how grateful I am to every staff member there who helped me through a very painful time in my life. You helped save a life – my life, and you have helped me learn coping skills that I know will serve me well for many years to come.

Heidi, Nikki, Donna, Laura, Judy, Peter, Claire, Stephanie, Jamie, Kristen, Drs. Visner, Roskin and Johnson, Father Christopher – with sincere apologies to anyone I forgot to mention – you all are going to get a GREAT BIG HUG from me (if you're comfortable with it) should we happen to cross paths out in the community.

post-16-0-61900100-1306377498_thumb.jpg

I'm really looking forward to getting into therapy. I know I have a lot of hard work ahead of me in therapy sessions to come and I know some major changes need to happen in my thinking patterns and behavior toward myself and others, but thanks to all of you I am here – alive – to do the work and make it happen. And, I learned that it is okay to cry in group. Nobody is gonna bleed or die should that occur. :grin:

Thats Great! My wife is a nurse and sometimes the patients send them thank you cards and such. It really does make their day. She will always come home excited and tell me when someone does that. It makes her feel proud, and good to know that she helped someone. Kudos!!:woohoo:

May 25, 2011

heart-thumb-autox379-56723.jpg

Thats Great! My wife is a nurse and sometimes the patients send them thank you cards and such. It really does make their day. She will always come home excited and tell me when someone does that. It makes her feel proud, and good to know that she helped someone. Kudos!!:woohoo:

I sure hope my card and note make their day. They deserve it! :):woohoo:

I know nursing is a very stressful job, but it must also be a very rewarding one!

These are great!

Agreed! Thanks for the distress tolerance scans. I've saved them for my own future reference.

So glad you're feeling better!

Hang in there, Jeff! This world needs people like you out there exposing Christianity for what it really is. Richard (Facebook)

JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!! So good to see you pulling through! We're so glad to see you pull yourself together! The road's long but you can do it.

As for the self soothing pamphlets you put through, I am not mentally ill, but they will come in useful for me. Thanks for linking them.

Praise the Holy Farter, Kyrasst and the Almighty Lard that the prophet is back! GLORY! :D

• Like 1

I feel the need to chime in and say that you really are an inspiration Brother Jeff. I know one of the things I used to struggle with both during and after leaving Christianity, was the idea that my life should have some sort of "greater purpose". It was a real burden. And I'm not saying you struggle with that, but the simple advice I got from my husband really changed my life and it can work on other situations than just needing a purpose. It is this simple statement: "It's all about the fun."

So when I'm really frustrated and life doesn't seem to be going well, I just focus on trying to make life more fun. Simple concept but one that has gotten me through depression on more than one occasion.

I, too, found those handouts useful, and I am a girl, and I actually have done my nails before just to make myself feel better. lmao_99.gif

Anyway, I came upon this site while you were going through crisis, and I'm really glad that you made it through and I'm going to have the opportunity to get to know you better.

• Like 1

I feel the need to chime in and say that you really are an inspiration Brother Jeff. I know one of the things I used to struggle with both during and after leaving Christianity, was the idea that my life should have some sort of "greater purpose". It was a real burden. And I'm not saying you struggle with that, but the simple advice I got from my husband really changed my life and it can work on other situations than just needing a purpose. It is this simple statement: "It's all about the fun."

So when I'm really frustrated and life doesn't seem to be going well, I just focus on trying to make life more fun. Simple concept but one that has gotten me through depression on more than one occasion.

I, too, found those handouts useful, and I am a girl, and I actually have done my nails before just to make myself feel better. lmao_99.gif

Anyway, I came upon this site while you were going through crisis, and I'm really glad that you made it through and I'm going to have the opportunity to get to know you better.

Thanks, Sister! I praise the LARD that the Spook of Kryasst who is also somehow magically Him magically caused you to find this glorious site at just the right time! Glory!

I am past the major crisis, I think, but am still dealing with some serious depression. I am really looking forward to getting into therapy and have some hope that things will get better. :)

Oh, and about doing your nails... Hall-lay-LOOH-Yah, Sister! Glory! :lmao: