Goodbye Jesus

A 40 Year Waste Of Life, Time, And Money

Kent

I had the misfortune of being raised in the christian cesspool. And last Oct. I finally broke free of it. That is not what I set out to do, but it was the end result of asking too many questions and demanding correct answers. I don't know of any other way to break out of what I consider to be incredibly vicious and self-perpetuating programming that instills a curious form of blindness.

I started out as a mainline christian. You know the type. I've said things in the past that make me cringe. But over the years, some things didn't make sense to me. For example, the concept of eternal torture in hell. Well, there is an answer to that. It's all BS. I can back that up by posting another persons work, from a christians perspective, but that is not relevant to the topic. Once I understood this, I thought that I was finally a True Christian living in what they call the 'great apostasy' in the 'last days'. The thing is, it just answered one objection out of many.

Another objection that I was finally beginning to see was the jew tribal 'god' and 'his' psychopathic ways. Now I'm not that dense, but I used to gloss over this in the past. It just never did sink in. In my opinion, that is the result of the programming that started in early childhood. Or, maybe I really am that dense. Who knows. But in looking for the truth, which was my only goal so I could finally understand xtianity, I finally broke through the programming and saw it for what it is. That happened suddenly, within a day or 2.

There have been times in the past where I was a 'backslider'. The church doesn't worry about them, because they know that as soon as things start going bad, that person will be back. They have a saying that there are no atheists in foxholes. They count on that. They hit the people at their weakest moments.

But now I know too much to ever go back to it. That door has slammed shut.

Welcome to the site Kent!

Always good to hear the stories of others who have seen Christianity for what it REALLY is.

Hope to hear more from you!

• Super Moderator

Same for me. In fact, when someone tells me I need to find my way back to jeeezus or I'll be sorry, it takes a "miracle" for me not to laugh in his/her face. wicked.gif

Welcome to Ex-C, Kent.

Welcome and congrats.

Where in Illinois are you located? I'm in central, around Springfield.

Not by choice though. :HaHa:

Kent,

I’ve notice individuals (including myself) who have been practicing one “path” for a decade or more, and I have notice a gradual closing of their minds, a narrowing of their interests, as they go deeper into the experiences of life. Without having an integral framework to complement their “religious” or “spiritual” plunge whether you describe that “plunge” as emptiness, or Ayrin, or godhead or holy spirit etc. they become closed off to more and more parts of the world and to themselves which can lead to fundamentalism, or absolutism. “They(including myself) become both deep mystics and narrow fundamentalists at the same time.” (Wilber)

Part of the cure for me has been simply to start where I am and expand the framework I hang my interpretations of life on , widen the view, that is, the subjective, the intersubjective , the objective and the interobjective parts of reality and the methodologies for their discovery.

The capacity to take "perspective" has been for me truly freeing nearly eliminating the rancor of a “waste of life, time and money.”

There are so many “perspectives” of “perception.” My mistake was perceiving reality from only one perspective (the Christian Tradition) without regard for the legion of other “perspectives” that exist today.

40 years ago I was ignorant of the possibilities--they were quite limited in small town USA. The day came when I my perspective widen with new discoveries.

From my perspective today I see my 40 years in the “wilderness” as doing the best with what was available.

Things are much clearer now than then.

“Tulips out of cow manure!” is my perspective now---not a waste but fertilize for beauty and life.

A little saner now!

BTW, glad you are here! Kent.

saner

Where in Illinois are you located? I'm in central, around Springfield.

Troy. Right down I-55.

My mistake was perceiving reality from only one perspective (the Christian Tradition) without regard for the legion of other “perspectives” that exist today.

That was one of my mistakes too. But when one is raised in it, there is no real desire to look at other traditions, except to think of them as being 'of the devil'.

That mistake, and a reliance on 'faith' is what kept me bound. Or rather I allowed myself to think that faith was necessary for anything.

It's all 20-20 hindsight. And if someone had told me what I know now, I would not have believed them. Hell, people did try and I didn't believe them. I had to figure it out on my own. It didn't kill me, so at least it made me stronger.

Thanks all for the welcome.

It didn't kill me, so at least it made me stronger.

Now your talking! Now that your thinking clearly, figure out what's the next best step! Dance to the music!

Saner

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I had the misfortune of being raised in the christian cesspool. And last Oct. I finally broke free of it. That is not what I set out to do, but it was the end result of asking too many questions and demanding correct answers. I don't know of any other way to break out of what I consider to be incredibly vicious and self-perpetuating programming that instills a curious form of blindness.

I started out as a mainline christian. You know the type. I've said things in the past that make me cringe. But over the years, some things didn't make sense to me. For example, the concept of eternal torture in hell. Well, there is an answer to that. It's all BS. I can back that up by posting another persons work, from a christians perspective, but that is not relevant to the topic. Once I understood this, I thought that I was finally a True Christian living in what they call the 'great apostasy' in the 'last days'. The thing is, it just answered one objection out of many.

Another objection that I was finally beginning to see was the jew tribal 'god' and 'his' psychopathic ways. Now I'm not that dense, but I used to gloss over this in the past. It just never did sink in. In my opinion, that is the result of the programming that started in early childhood. Or, maybe I really am that dense. Who knows. But in looking for the truth, which was my only goal so I could finally understand xtianity, I finally broke through the programming and saw it for what it is. That happened suddenly, within a day or 2.

There have been times in the past where I was a 'backslider'. The church doesn't worry about them, because they know that as soon as things start going bad, that person will be back. They have a saying that there are no atheists in foxholes. They count on that. They hit the people at their weakest moments.

Kent, from another guy who wasted 40 years in Christianity, welcome! And when it comes crashing down, for us at least, it seemed to happen very rapidly. No way to put this Humpty-Dumpty of faith back together again. I know people hope they can, but it would be impossible... my rational mind has taken over now. Best of luck to you! :)

Welcome to the light of enlightenment.

Some of here are still crazy in our own perverted ways :wicked: but we kinda rag on each other and support one another.

Enjoy the ride.

I know that feeling...

Well done Kent, glad you made it back to reality, many don't, but you have. Good job :)