Goodbye Jesus

Is God An Alien?

ireckinso

Okay, I don’t want people to think I’m a conspiracy nut or anything. Do I believe on life on other planets? yes. Do I think they are a race of beings with ray guns and lizard skin? No. I do however believe that life may exist and we would not recognize it because its not what we are looking for. (non-carbon based for instance).

With that being said, I was reading some posts on another site and one was titled “God is an alien.” In this post the person states that our mitochondria DNA tells us that we are 150,000 to 200,000 years old. He then goes to say that there is evidence that we as humans have been altered on a genetic level. That maybe “God” is not a creator but a mad scientist who altered us on some other world and stuck us here on Earth to be slaves. Now this is all getting pretty far fetched for me, but I was wondering if anyone else had ever researched similar possibilities, or similar beliefs. I remain open-minded about ideas like this and I thought It was pretty interesting, thought maybe someone else might too.

Here is a link to that blog. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread703928/pg1

Although it’s a bit out there, I thought it was fun. :grin:

Above Top Secret is filled with whacos :P

I know Raelians have similar beliefs to that post. Is it possible we're an experiment? Maybe, but I doubt it. Possibility of life out there? Probable but I don't believe there is.

Like Q maybe?

Q-Tips-q-star-trek-11220978-676-572.jpg

That maybe “God” is not a creator but a mad scientist who altered us on some other world and stuck us here on Earth to be slaves.

This is similar to Stargate isn't it? The alien Ra came here and enslaved us? Then we rebelled and buried the Stargate until the early 20th century when it was rediscovered and, well, it goes from there (with some changes between the movie and the series).

mwc

... I was reading some posts on another site and one was titled “God is an alien.” In this post the person states that our mitochondria DNA tells us that we are 150,000 to 200,000 years old. He then goes to say that there is evidence that we as humans have been altered on a genetic level. That maybe “God” is not a creator but a mad scientist who altered us on some other world and stuck us here on Earth to be slaves. Now this is all getting pretty far fetched for me, but I was wondering if anyone else had ever researched similar possibilities, or similar beliefs. I remain open-minded about ideas like this and I thought It was pretty interesting, thought maybe someone else might too.

The idea that our DNA coding has been generated by deliberate manipulation is very plausible. Read Lloyd Pye's the best author on the subject -- eg. his article Darwinism: a Crumbling Theory:

http://www.whale.to/b/pye.html

The 'Circadian Rhythm Disorder' mentioned in the post to which the OP gives the link is non-24 sleep-wake syndrome. This is a rather little-known condition that everyone ought to be aware of. It is interesting to those who believe in the alleged alien roots of humankind because it suggests that the physiology of those who have the disorder might be better suited to a life on a planet with a different rotation speed (i.e. more -- or much more often -- less than one revolution every 24 hours). Indeed, even excluding the subset who suffer this condition, the average human free-running circadian cycle period is somewhere between of 24 and 24.5 hours, and its difference from 24 hours is not negligible (one study found it to be 24 hours and 11 minutes).

There are many people who contend that the various gods in our history were in fact aliens who were deified after contact with humans; some of the aliens reveled in their new god status while others shunned it. The god of the Bible is considered an Annunaki, which is a less than desirable race.

Orkans are the most desirable.

mork-mindy-tv-023.jpg

The 'Circadian Rhythm Disorder' mentioned in the post to which the OP gives the link is non-24 sleep-wake syndrome. This is a rather little-known condition that everyone ought to be aware of. It is interesting to those who believe in the alleged alien roots of humankind because it suggests that the physiology of those who have the disorder might be better suited to a life on a planet with a different rotation speed (i.e. more -- or much more often -- less than one revolution every 24 hours). Indeed, even excluding the subset who suffer this condition, the average human free-running circadian cycle period is somewhere between of 24 and 24.5 hours, and its difference from 24 hours is not negligible (one study found it to be 24 hours and 11 minutes).

I happen to be a sighted N24. I've never seen it come up (except in jest) any connection to aliens. I guess that's something we don't take seriously amongst ourselves?

mwc

If the god of the bible exists (which he doesn't, but for the sake of this post) then, by definition, he is an alien - a being not from earth. So Christians should agree that god is an alien.

As for me, given the vastness of the universe, I find it highly unlikely that there would not be life elsewhere than earth. If there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe which traveled to earth at some point in time, I could definitely see people in the past believing that such an intelligent being(s) who had the technology needed to travel to earth was some form of deity. However, I have yet to see convincing proof that something like that happened. However, I will admit that there are some strange things out there that at least suggests the possibility (not probability).

I happen to be a sighted N24. I've never seen it come up (except in jest) any connection to aliens. I guess that's something we don't take seriously amongst ourselves?

mwc

Interesting. Sighted N24 isn't common at all. There's no evidence that N24-sufferes are a subgroup with a circadian period outside the normal range, but they lack the correctional mechanism for the 24-hour day.

Orkans are the most desirable.

post-896-0-22651100-1305930860_thumb.jpg

I throw you a Pleiadian

3rdDimenionalPleiadian.jpg

Hot damn! Ophelia wins this round.

Jesus is alive in a space ship.

Interesting. Sighted N24 isn't common at all. There's no evidence that N24-sufferes are a subgroup with a circadian period outside the normal range, but they lack the correctional mechanism for the 24-hour day.

My last sleep study (quite some time ago) showed ~25 hour day. All things being equal though I just can't entrain to the "normal" day.

mwc

We'll make great pets.

My friend says we're like the dinosaurs...

... I was reading some posts on another site and one was titled “God is an alien.” In this post the person states that our mitochondria DNA tells us that we are 150,000 to 200,000 years old. He then goes to say that there is evidence that we as humans have been altered on a genetic level. That maybe “God” is not a creator but a mad scientist who altered us on some other world and stuck us here on Earth to be slaves. Now this is all getting pretty far fetched for me, but I was wondering if anyone else had ever researched similar possibilities, or similar beliefs. I remain open-minded about ideas like this and I thought It was pretty interesting, thought maybe someone else might too.

The idea that our DNA coding has been generated by deliberate manipulation is very plausible. Read Lloyd Pye's the best author on the subject -- eg. his article Darwinism: a Crumbling Theory:

http://www.whale.to/b/pye.html

Fascinating read. I loved this bit regarding the theory of evolution and the religious explanation of a God who did it all:

Speaking as an Interventionist, I don't blame them. To me, God stands on equal footing with the lightning bolt. I see a better, far more rational answer to the mysteries of how life came to be on planet Earth: it was put here by intelligent beings, and it has been continuously monitored by those same beings.

Its like the perfect midway point...that makes no sense whatsoever.

If intelligent beings put us here then where did they come from?

Hmmm. Two choices, a God created them or they came from a warm pond...

Which oddly enough takes us back to the exact same point. We have expended energy and time to devise a concept that gained us nothing but introduced a new level of complexity for no reason.

To me the God theory spouted by Religious groups has the same problem.

Where did God come from?

So apply Occam's razor and we realise that the idea of us being created by accident is far more likely than the idea of a God who knows everything who created everything came from nothing.

Why, because we are an order of millions of magnitudes simpler than a God who is omnipotent.

Oh yeah. The answer is I'm not an Alien. I'm just visiting. :D

Oh yeah. The answer is I'm not an Alien. I'm just visiting. :D

That just means you're not an illegal alien. :P

• 1 month later...

ireckinso,

The belief that life came from aliens is panspermia, and there are real scientists who believe in this! However, its seems as though they believe in it due to a lack of explanation. Instead of believing in a god who created people, they prefer aliens... but then, who created the alien's complex DNA?? haha I know most here are non-Christian and several are atheists too I'm sure, but for what it's worth, below are three articles by Gary Bates that talk about panspermia from a Christian perspective. Whether you're a Christian or not, they are definitely interesting.

i wrote a short story once where i took the book of Genisis and replaced heaven, god and all the mystical powers with a alien reserch company creating other life forms for slave labour. ancient astronaut therory would fill alot of holes (sorta) but there just isnt enough evidence for it. but it is posible god could be part of a alien race so advanced that it has merged into one entity with unlimited power but o what a poor poor manager of that power it is. if it was real to begin with.

• 1 month later...

i wrote a short story once where i took the book of Genisis and replaced heaven, god and all the mystical powers with a alien reserch company creating other life forms for slave labour. ancient astronaut therory would fill alot of holes (sorta) but there just isnt enough evidence for it. but it is posible god could be part of a alien race so advanced that it has merged into one entity with unlimited power but o what a poor poor manager of that power it is. if it was real to begin with.

Well just for fun lets think about god as an advanced alien, whether he be an entire race melded into one or just a really advanced being. Think about how much of the bible would become lies, there is no way hell or heaven would exist when you die for instance.

then, who created the alien's complex DNA??

But then who created god????

I was always here...just ignore my joining date...

• Like 1

I was always here...just ignore my joining date...

:lmao: